Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

05.14.12 @ 07:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Give it a chance...

Van Halen as we know it will never be again...live with it...
    I for one am interested and willing to give the younger Van Halen his fair shot...I'm a fan of music....I'd love to hear what can come of this...Everybody who has a negative opinion should be ashamed...that would be like someone looking in on your life on a daily basis ,that you don't know,and have them ranting and raving that you should hook up with old aquaintances you don't care to be around anymore...
    No wonder Ed stays away from the internet..Its a "Gong Show" here sometimes!!

Peace!!

Last Online

06.21.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts

I'm for giving Wolfie a chance!

Last Online

09.10.11 @ 05:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can appreciate your opinion and respect it. However, that won't stop me from disagreeing with you.

I've poured too much heart, soul, money, and devotion into the fiasco known as Van Halen since I was 9 years old to deserve anything less than a complete original lineup. We've been writing Van Halen's cheques since the beginning of their careers - giving them everything they've ever dreamed of having in life, and more, and this is the thanks that we potentially get - a family reunion instead of a classic Van Halen reunion.

After, the debacle that has transpired over the last 10 years or so, they should be playing for us for free - they are lucky they even have fans who still have enough energy to discuss their sorry asses on the internet these days.

Coming back with anything less than the original lineup at this point is a complete mistake on the part of this band.

I work too hard for my money. Have fun at the shows in the event that they ever come to fruition.

In the meantime, I'll hang onto and enjoy the only good memories that are left of this band - the classic VH albums.

Peace.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 03:58 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts

Unfortunately, some people take music too seriously. You are paying to see a concert, that is it. You don't know the band members personally. It's music. I am going (if it happens) to see two of the best musicians in rock history perform along with the original singer, and will have a great time doing so. Then I will go home and live my life, and listen to the band on my cd player or mp3 player whenever I want. That is my relationship to the band. that's it. Apparently, some people act like the band is their friend or something.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150 View Post
    Unfortunately, some people take music too seriously. You are paying to see a concert, that is it. You don't know the band members personally. It's music. I am going (if it happens) to see two of the best musicians in rock history perform along with the original singer, and will have a great time doing so. Then I will go home and live my life, and listen to the band on my cd player or mp3 player whenever I want. That is my relationship to the band. that's it. Apparently, some people act like the band is their friend or something.
    Truly. The only concern should be whether or not its a good show. Of course it would be better with Mike but I can't think of many better ways to spend two hours than watching 3/4 of VH performing songs together that haven't been played in over 20 years.

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,634 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

Van Halen is my friend.

I will love him and pet him.

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

03.03.07 @ 07:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glockner99 View Post
    Van Halen as we know it will never be again...live with it...
    I for one am interested and willing to give the younger Van Halen his fair shot...I'm a fan of music....I'd love to hear what can come of this...Everybody who has a negative opinion should be ashamed...that would be like someone looking in on your life on a daily basis ,that you don't know,and have them ranting and raving that you should hook up with old aquaintances you don't care to be around anymore...
    No wonder Ed stays away from the internet..Its a "Gong Show" here sometimes!!

Peace!!
    Dude I dont know how long you have been a fan for ? Im sure a long time.We all here have seen so much bullshit with this band over the last 10 + yrs that its tough to say ok we welcome a reunion with Dave with out Miky..It just sucks to wait as long as we all have here to not have the fab 4 all together for this tour..
    I mean we can go on and on here but the fact of the matter is we all should have had atleast 2-3 more albums from these guys regardless of who is singing.. All this shit in the can and working every night until 6.00am (Eddie that is)
    I hate to compare VH to another band but geez Motley did there thing just like VH, same ticket price and had the meet greet thing. And it was a huge success! and SOLD OUT most venues and there still out now backing Aerosmith.
    Last edited by TonyButrico; 11.06.06 at 07:58 PM.
    Tony

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning or 1984 by mood
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

07.19.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen View Post
    Van Halen is my friend.

I will love him and pet him.

I just about lost my mud on that one.

Classic Van Halen. In Pace Requiescant.

"...sure I'm on zoloft. That's so I don't hafta kill none o' y'all..." - Mike Tyson

and by the way...

Eat Us And Smile.

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van halen does not owe us anything...They put out a product..at that time we all loved the product and we purchased it...it ends there! Van halen does not have a debt to repay..Just because we invested money 5..10..20 years ago does not mean Van Halen has a life debt to its fans...If we don't like what the upcoming product is..we don't buy it...its as simple as that...being angry at the Band because the product is different doesn't make sense..it just makes us human and thats ok too I guess!!

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Van halen does not owe us anything...They put out a product..at that time we all loved the product and we purchased it...it ends there! Van halen does not have a debt to repay..Just because we invested money 5..10..20 years ago does not mean Van Halen has a life debt to its fans...If we don't like what the upcoming product is..we don't buy it...its as simple as that...being angry at the Band because the product is different doesn't make sense..it just makes us human and thats ok too I guess!!
    Great point!!since you put it that way..ok
    Tony

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyButrico View Post
    Dude I dont know how long you have been a fan for ? Im sure a long time.We all here have seen so much bullshit with this band over the last 10 + yrs that its tough to say ok we welcome a reunion with Dave with out Miky..It just sucks to wait as long as we all have here to not have the fab 4 all together for this tour..
    I mean we can go on and on here but the fact of the matter is we all should have had atleast 2-3 more albums from these guys regardless of who is singing.. All this shit in the can and working every night until 6.00am (Eddie that is)
    I hate to compare VH to another band but geez Motley did there thing just like VH, same ticket price and had the meet greet thing. And it was a huge success! and SOLD OUT most venues and there still out now backing Aerosmith.
    First album..Women and Children First
    Cocerts in 84,91,06 twice

Last Online

12.18.17 @ 01:12 AM
    Liked 1,634 Times in 1,004 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by The SLAWTERHOUSE Bug View Post
    I just about lost my mud on that one.

I'm glad somebody caught the Looney Tunes reference. Sheesh.

Favorite VH Album

ALL OF THEM!
    Favorite VH Song

TODAY- ROMEO DELIGHT
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First album..Women and Children First
    Cocerts in 84,91,06 twice
    Well good for you.Enjoy the new product!
    Tony

Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.10 @ 10:56 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree 100%. As much as I loved these guys and want everyone to be involved, They have given me just as much, if not more than I have given them.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts

Uhhh VAN HALEN does owe me something!!! They owe me the money I spent on VH3, I am still pissed about that purchase. They should have put a warning lable on that pile of crap album.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.