Last Online

12.13.17 @ 06:12 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Mad Max 4

George Miller Talks Mad Max 4
    Source: Moviehole
    November 4, 2006

Moviehole chatted with Happy Feet director George Miller who says he would do a fourth "Mad Max" movie, but with another actor:

"We were about three months off shooting [Mad Max 4] when the Iraqi war came and the American dollar collapsed against the Australian dollar so we lost our budget. Also, we couldn't get the container ships out because of security and stuff," says Miller, confirming that Mel Gibson was attached to reprise his role at that stage.

He'll next shoot a "small film," but says then he'll most likely return to "Max."

"Though I think there will be another Mad Max; the time has gone where Mel can be in it. I think the last opportunity was about four years ago and you know the character's lean and hungry. He was twenty one when he first played Mad Max and he's now in his fifties. Also I think he's much more interested in what's happening behind camera than in front. It needs a lean and hungry actor and he's not into acting so much anymore and I think he just loves producing, writing and directing. But I think if fates allow there will be another Mad Max though it is certainly two films away for me, but the time's gone when Mel can run around the wasteland anymore."
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

I'll Wait, Tora Tora/LOC
    Last Online

01.06.12 @ 02:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pffff, why all those long delayed sequels? I don't get it, a trilogy makes perfect sense, I don't see where they're trying to go with a 4th, especially for a movie like Mad Max.
    I'm no Mel Gibson fan, but if they REALLY shoot a 4th, he better be in it.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    Pffff, why all those long delayed sequels? I don't get it, a trilogy makes perfect sense, I don't see where they're trying to go with a 4th, especially for a movie like Mad Max.
    Just without a Jewish Director....
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, fuck...
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

If they're going to make another Mad Max film, then Mel Gibson needs to be in it.

As for the recent racial slur, sure it was stupid & unneccesary, but he has at least tried to make ammends by apologizing. Though it's not an excuse, the guy was drunk & is now seeking help for his problem.

I just wish someone else we know would seek help for the same kind of problem...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The original Mad Max made me fall for Mel. What an awesome and different movie. Yes, he is certainly past playing a young and hungry warrior but he doesn't have to be that particular person. He could be someone who advises and leads an outcast group. Oh well, he's probably not interested anyway as they said since he likes being behind the camera.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berseker View Post
    It seems like every franchise is making a "4th" movie: Die Hard, Terminator, Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones.
    And then there's Sly Stallone making another Rocky and Rambo. Is he nuts? Does he really think people want these movies? And I can't believe the studios are backing him. At least the other franchises made big bucks.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

D.O.A.
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:33 PM
    Liked 67 Times in 65 Posts

great
    I used to wonder why he was grinning all the time(Michael Ian Black talkin about EVH on VH1 I love the 80's) but then i realized the reason he's grinning is because he's Eddie F*#king Van Halen

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

"Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton