Last Online

02.18.19 @ 04:14 PM
    Liked 15,706 Times in 8,865 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by noise next door View Post
    Nice Spinal Tap moment...
    KISS tribute band singer gets hit by pyro and catches ON FIRE:

Goes nicely with this one.

"He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"Make way for the bad guy"- Tony Montana

'This hamburger don't need no helper"- David Lee Roth

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

2. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    Played The Whiskey last night. They played 12 tunes.

Deuce
    02. Shout It Out Loud
    03. Say Yeah
    04. Heaven's on Fire
    05. Cold Gin
    06. Lick It Up
    07. War Machine
    08. Love Gun
    09. Let Me Go, Rock 'N' Roll
    10. Do You Love Me
    11. Black Diamond
    12. Detroit Rock City

That’s seven Paul songs. Looks live since Paul’s voice sounds like it’s starting to go on Do You Love Me. It may be that Paul just loses his voice after a few tunes. His voice has been completely shot for a while now. That’s including his speaking voice.

Detroit Rock City

Love Gun

Voice starts failing here
    Do Ya Love Me

Cold Gin

Guess it was piped in. Paul flubs it on Love Gun at the 2:19 mark.

GEEZUS
     "He has a swaggering retro machismo that will give hives to the Steinem cabal" -Camille Paglia on Donald Trump

"But, fucking with Brook is like fucking with hot shit on and ax handle. You just don't get a grip"-track5

"I wish Bon Jovi would've given me a call before he recorded all of his hits, because the lyrics would've been smarter, the melodies would've been much more smashing, and they would've sold a lot fewer records." -David Lee Roth

"My beef is people thinking Bon Jovi is good cuz they sold lots of records to housewives." -tango

"But being number one doesn’t really mean jack fuck all. We sold twice as many records as other records that year (1984) that landed in the Number One position." ~Eddie Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

This should be good.

Did NIKKI SIXX Call Out KISS For Allegedly Using Backing Tracks During Live Concerts?

February 13, 2019

MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx has called out another band for using taped vocals during its live performances after previously deriding other groups for doing the same thing.

Sixx wrote on Twitter: "Certain band out on the road right now putting other bands DOWN and saying that they are a REAL rock band, no background singers,and other old people cranky comments except his lead vocals are on tape.People in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks. #GetOffMyLawn #WizardOfOz"

Some fans have speculated that Sixx is referring to KISS, whose lead singer Paul Stanley has been struggling to hit the high notes in many of the band's classic songs for a number of years. As a result, Stanley has been accused of singing to a backing tape on KISS's just-launched "End Of The Road" tour.

Back in 2015, KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons slammed bands who used backing tapes for not being honest enough to include that fact on their concert tickets.

Story continues after advertisement
    "I have a problem when you charge $100 to see a live show and the artist uses backing tracks," Simmons said. "It's like the ingredients in food. If the first ingredient on the label is sugar, that's at least honest. It should be on every ticket — you're paying $100, 30 to 50 percent of the show is [on] backing tracks and they'll sing sometimes, sometimes they'll lip synch. At least be honest. It's not about backing tracks, it's about dishonesty.

"There's nobody with a synthesizer on our stage, there's no samples on the drums, there's nothing," Gene continued. "There's very few bands who do that now — AC/DC, METALLICA, us. I can't even say that about U2 or THE [ROLLING] STONES. There's very few bands who don't use (backing) tracks."

Sixx has defended CRÜE's use of backing tracks during live concerts, saying, "We've used technology since '87." He said the group employed "sequencers, sub tones, background vox tracks, plus background singers and us. [MÖTLEY CRÜE also taped] stuff we can't tour with, like cello parts in ballads, etc.... We love it and don't hide it. It's a great tool to fill out the sound."

In a 2014 interview, MÖTLEY CRÜE guitarist Mick Mars admitted that he wasn't comfortable with the fact that his band used pre-recorded backing vocals in its live shows, claiming that he preferred to watch groups whose performances are delivered entirely live.

"I don't like it," he said. "I think a band like ours… I have to say '60s bands were my favorite — '60s and '70s bands — because they were real, like, three-piece bands or four-piece bands, and they just got up there and kicked it up. Made a mistake? So what? Sounded a little bit empty here or there? So what? It's the bigness and the rawness and the people that developed and wrote the songs and made them and presented them. To me, that's what I really like. I mean, I could put on a MÖTLEY CD and play with it all day long. I don't wanna do that."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/did...live-concerts/

KISS can’t really respond without admitting it, so my guess is they’ll stay quiet. Nikki does have some nerve talking about it though. LMAO

5. The Following Member Likes This Post:

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

02.17.19 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 116 Posts

I would guess that Gene really doesn't feel any different about it than he did in 2015 when he made those comments. It seems like he and Mick Mars share the same sentiment. We certainly haven't heard Gene come out defending it.

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Thumbs up

We interrupt the continued bashing of KISS’ Sync On The Road tour to bring you another example of KISS giving a fuck. Good job, boys.

Gene Simmons surprises Idaho’s biggest KISS fan (while he’s working at Arctic Circle) for Feel Good Friday

EastIdahoNews.com and Ashley Furniture HomeStore are teaming up every week to bring you some good news during Feel Good Friday!

We want to surprise people in our community with random acts of kindness and leave you feeling good.

A few weeks ago we posted a story about Leo Wyatt – a 52-year-old who has been in love with KISS since the band’s early roots in the 1970s. Even though Leo has listened to every record the world-famous heavy metal band has produced, he has yet to attend a concert in person.

Leo was born with Williams Syndrome – a genetic condition that presents medical problems, developmental delays and learning challenges. One interesting characteristic is that individuals with the disorder generally love music – and such is the case for Leo.

When Leo’s sister, Tonja Wyatt Wood, found out KISS will be performing in Salt Lake City later this year, she was determined to help her brother to see, and hopefully meet, his favorite band on their final tour.

She started a GoFundMe to purchase tickets and said that any money left over would be donated to the Williams Syndrome Association.

Our story reached KISS and Gene Simmons asked if we could deliver a special message to Leo while he was working this week at Arctic Circle.

He and his family thought we were coming to do a follow-up story and they had no idea we were about to give them the surprise of a lifetime! Watch the video below to see what happened.

8. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 11:06 AM
    Liked 1,939 Times in 1,332 Posts

say what you want about Gene - he's no nonsense, not always politically correct, whatever - but I'm convinced that he really does have a heart of gold.

10. The Following 2 Members Like This Post:

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    say what you want about Gene - he's no nonsense, not always politically correct, whatever - but I'm convinced that he really does have a heart of gold.
    He's displayed it more than once.

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the One
    Last Online

02.17.19 @ 08:02 PM
    Liked 171 Times in 116 Posts

as has been said so many times before, they're the type of guys that really understand that it's all about the fans. Paul & Gene never seem to take that for granted.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 10:15 AM
    Liked 2,119 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Wake View Post
    as has been said so many times before, they're the type of guys that really understand that it's all about the fans. Paul & Gene never seem to take that for granted.
    Wish more bands were like that.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

They have their moments of royally fucking shit up too. The Hall Of Fame thing was a fucking fiasco. That was all on Paul too.

Good Enough
    Last Online

02.18.19 @ 03:44 PM
    Liked 2,678 Times in 1,263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy68 View Post
    They have their moments of royally fucking shit up too. The Hall Of Fame thing was a fucking fiasco. That was all on Paul too.
    They did, but it was also a sign of loyalty which frankly Ace and Peter battled with over the years
    They didn’t want to just overlook Tommy and Eric, in someway shape or form, both have been dedicated members of Kiss for 25 years

I agree they could have found s way to do both instead of sniping in the press, but I kind of get what their point was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Streets View Post
    They did, but it was also a sign of loyalty which frankly Ace and Peter battled with over the years
    They didn’t want to just overlook Tommy and Eric, in someway shape or form, both have been dedicated members of Kiss for 25 years

I agree they could have found s way to do both instead of sniping in the press, but I kind of get what their point was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Loyalty had nothing to do with it in my opinion. Paul felt the need to justify the current business model by trying to single-handedly destroy their legacy. There was no need for it, it was stupid, and it robbed the fans AND KISS of a very special moment and statement in their home town.

Dumb

Favorite VH Album

The Magnificent 7
    Last Online

Premium Member

GENE SIMMONS Responds To ACE FREHLEY's Explosive Remarks

February 17, 2019

In a new interview with the Los Angeles Times, Simmons refused to go into detail about Ace's explosive remarks. "I'm not gonna say anything in print other than I love Ace and Peter [Criss, original KISS drummer] and I thank them forever — they're every bit as important as Paul and myself for launching the band," he said. "I'm not going to make any guesses of why the emotions are so volatile, but it's happened before."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gen...osive-remarks/