Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Could They Try...

Sam floated the idea of a Sam & Dave w/ VH tour before the Sam & Dave tour... if they all get in the RRHOF, could they try it?

My thought is don't rule it out, but I don't honestly see it working. In fact at this point if they tour w/ DLR next year I really hope they open in Greensboro again, because I'm not sure I see them going the distance. With Sam and Dave it could really be a train wreck.

Dumb idea? Sure, but I didn't see it mentioned and I thought it was a little different spin.

BTW - I'm 35 years old and I've had work w/ a number of people I didn't like, usually the worst problem it ever caused was that I was irritated dealing with them. Why can these 50 year old men not sort things out for millions of dollars? Frankly I think they missed the best window, I think this would have been HUGE beetween say 1996 and 2002, and I think the opportunity for it to be a big success decreases every year. Then again maybe that's just my perspective as I resign myself to being a family man

Top Of The World
    Last Online

12.29.16 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While it would be intriguing, everyone's egos are too large to make it truly work. Besides, Dave needs it more than Sam anyway. Sam enjoys what he has and really doesn't want the extra baggage. But I'm sure that at the end of this thing, it will end the same way as the 2004 tour, Ed will hate Dave as well and he'll crawl into his hole again.
    A liar sucks way more than any asshole. Trust me...I'd know. I'm an asshole and that's not a lie.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by nitefly5150 View Post
    Sam floated the idea of a Sam & Dave w/ VH tour before the Sam & Dave tour... if they all get in the RRHOF, could they try it?

My thought is don't rule it out, but I don't honestly see it working. In fact at this point if they tour w/ DLR next year I really hope they open in Greensboro again, because I'm not sure I see them going the distance. With Sam and Dave it could really be a train wreck.

Dumb idea? Sure, but I didn't see it mentioned and I thought it was a little different spin.

BTW - I'm 35 years old and I've had work w/ a number of people I didn't like, usually the worst problem it ever caused was that I was irritated dealing with them. Why can these 50 year old men not sort things out for millions of dollars? Frankly I think they missed the best window, I think this would have been HUGE beetween say 1996 and 2002, and I think the opportunity for it to be a big success decreases every year. Then again maybe that's just my perspective as I resign myself to being a family man
    I don't think that tour would ever work, but even if it could there has to be a CVH reunion tour first. A full set with the Diamond One for the first time in 22 years. After that maybe you could talk about trying something else.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I think that would be a cool show. Have a Sam set first then close with a full on CVH set with Dave.

It'll never happen though. No way Dave would go for that and with Ed being all over the place mentally, who knows how that would turn out with him hating dave, Sam and Mike at any given moment.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post
    I think that would be a cool show. Have a Sam set first then close with a full on CVH set with Dave.

It'll never happen though. No way Dave would go for that and with Ed being all over the place mentally, who knows how that would turn out with him hating dave, Sam and Mike at any given moment.
    Seizure's from Ed, Sam and Dave would not be a good thing. It is not going to ever happen that way! It would be cool, but we can't control that part of the dealio.
    Just go for it!

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I don't think it'd work, I was more questioning if they might be silly enough to try it. I think it'd be awesome, and I think its a damn shame that fans have to be disappointed by millionaire pissing contests.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greenpaw View Post

I would rather have Dave first then Sam.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

It is likely the only time we will see ALL of them on stage together, and possibly performing together, is at the RRHoF induction ceremony.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    Ditto.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose View Post
    And that's why this will never happen. There's no way in HELL a full Classic Van HALEN lineup plays opening band to cheese ballads.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

MCMLXXXIV
    Favorite VH Song

Dirty Movies/Mean Street
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 04:02 PM
    Liked 104 Times in 45 Posts

Premium Member

Well sorry about your luck but the Classic Van Halen of today will be lucky if a venue could bill them as a headliner with all the shit surrounding this band.

That is, if we actually get a full tour with the ACTUAL original Line up.
    Van Halen Reunion Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky July 6th, 2004
    "It's a little hot in here tonight!"

Van Halen 2012 Tour
    Louisville, Kentucky February 28th, 2012

Van Halen 2015 Tour
    Noblesville, Indiana September 2nd 2015

Assistant Director of Personnel
    The 3 Brigade

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Don't Tell Me
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 108 Times in 65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    And that's why this will never happen. There's no way in HELL a full Classic Van HALEN lineup plays opening band to cheese ballads.

You're right, it will never happen. But if it did, it would have to happen with Dave first then Sam.
    Dave's ego couldn't take getting laughed off the stage trying to follow Sam.
    SOME VH LINKS CLASSICS

"Sammy is fat, Dave is bald, Mike is next in line to be the Pope, Eddie is a drunk, Wolfie is fat, Gary is gay, CVH is VH, Mike is VH, Sammy can outsing Dave on a tequilla hangover, Eddie is a meth head, How Many Say I is the worst VH song ever, Up for Breakfast is a close second, Dave was horrible at radio and everybody hates the assless chaps.
    Ok I think that covers everything." Ziggysmalls

"I sense that some of our newer passengers may be nervous due to the sudden turbulence. Please be seated, this is simply a normal part of the periodic ride.
    I didn't say we'll get to the destination, but until Alex comes out a says what a complete waste of carbon DLR is, we're still climbing, so strap yourselves in.
    Those of you who have been on this ride before, the hottie in the mini will be around shortly with your drinks......." Red