Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

07.19.15 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

What's up with the Mikey bashing lately???

I'm not new to this forums I've been coming here to post for some years now, and I have to honestly say that I'm surprised as hell of all the bashing Mike Anthony have been taking lately here. I know the Eddie and Mike don't see eye to eye lately, but that doesn't mean that we here have to start to put the man down.
    He is a very important if not an essential part of the VH lineup, and honestly if they do decide to go on tour with Dave in 2007 and Mikey is not in there, I will considered that a slap to the face to us the fans.
    I know Ed have been sort of a basket case this past few years and Big Al can't get through him mentally to break out of this bad mojo ego trip that he's been, but c'mon, Eddie needs Mike in there more than anyone thinks. IMO.
    And if any of you considered yourselves True Van Halen fans you will feel the same way I do.
    LONG LIVE VH... DESTROY HATERS!!!! MODE ON

Favorite VH Album

All of them not titled III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, 5150
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThruVHfanatic View Post
    I'm not new to this forums I've been coming here to post for some years now, and I have to honestly say that I'm surprised as hell of all the bashing Mike Anthony have been taking lately here. I know the Eddie and Mike don't see eye to eye lately, but that doesn't mean that we here have to start to put the man down.
    He is a very important if not an essential part of the VH lineup, and honestly if they do decide to go on tour with Dave in 2007 and Mikey is not in there, I will considered that a slap to the face to us the fans.
    I know Ed have been sort of a basket case this past few years and Big Al can't get through him mentally to break out of this bad mojo ego trip that he's been, but c'mon, Eddie needs Mike in there more than anyone thinks. IMO.
    And if any of you considered yourselves True Van Halen fans you will feel the same way I do.

Don't generalize the population my man. There are a lot of us here actually defending MA and screaming for his inclusion in this reunion. A lot of folks are spending quite a bit of time on here debating the what-ifs and whys of this whole possible reunion, when in fact we're not even sure this is REALLY HAPPENING. It's all comes w/the territory of being loyal to one of the most dysfunctional bands ever. It's all good

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I think most here would want the guy involved of course, If he's not involved I think most of us will be pissed. Just havin' a little fun with it though...I'm a big MA supporter but I can't say that I wouldn't check out a show if he wasn't there. Wouldn't be the same without him,imo.....

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

to answer the question proposed by the thread title:

its called, people trying to justify Eddie's dilusional, drunken behavior. That's my take anyway.....but as already mentioned many people on this site or pretty damn loyal to MA
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

04.17.12 @ 03:02 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As far as I can tell, Mike had the audacity to speak out candidly about the dysfuntional band that is Van Halen. I guess because he is neither Dave or Ed, he doesn't have the right to criticize them and expect to stay in the band.
    Last edited by dropdeadlegs; 10.29.06 at 08:36 AM.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

12.18.08 @ 09:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've lurked these boards for years and the Mike bashing is getting worse and worse.
    Simple reason.... Eddie nut swingers... Whatever the man says there is always a HUGE portion of the VH fan base that will take Eddie's word as GOD.

Dave's the problem
    Sam's the problem
    Kramer is the problem
    Ernie Ball is the problem
    Peavey is the problem
    Seymour Duncan is the problem
    The record label is the problem
    The producer is the problem
    Metal guitar picks (not smoking) is the problem

and now... Mike is the problem because of 30 seconds of ONE interview Eddie did... but of course Ed can't be wrong so everyone is jumping on the band wagon.

Favorite VH Album

like them all, no favourite
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 03:49 AM
    Liked 6,670 Times in 3,696 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThruVHfanatic View Post
    my guess is that the thing many loved about Mike is that he kept his mouth closed in the press and allowed the rest of the band do look like morons - he was the good guy. With his recent opening of his trap be became fair game just like Ed, Al, Dave & Sam (Gary never said a bad word about anyone so how could you rip him). Mike doens't get criticized nearly as much as other 4, it just looks that way now because it's the first anyone has seen of it.

If he didn't so the interview and he was left off the tour, I think almost all of us would be going nuts.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

I'm thinking most of the Mike bashing is from DLR fans who have hid under the guise of being CVH fans, and are mad that Mike doesn't suck Dave's manhood. Frankly I think there are far less EVH apologists now than there have ever been.

From what I can tell, most people don't want to see VH doing somethng without Mike, except for a contingent of DLR-only fans who could give a shit as long as Dave is there. But of course they're not CVH fans, that battle cry for years went out the window the second they thought Dave's return could be real and not a pipe dream.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

All of Them
    Last Online

02.22.14 @ 05:30 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    I'm thinking most of the Mike bashing is from DLR fans who have hid under the guise of being CVH fans, and are mad that Mike doesn't suck Dave's manhood. Frankly I think there are far less EVH apologists now than there have ever been.

From what I can tell, most people don't want to see VH doing somethng without Mike, except for a contingent of DLR-only fans who could give a shit as long as Dave is there. But of course they're not CVH fans, that battle cry for years went out the window the second they thought Dave's return could be real and not a pipe dream.
    Post of the Year!!! Well Said

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

The conspiracy theries on here are histerical.

No one doubts MA is a true and necessary element of the CVH lineup.

The question posed was would you boycott a Van Halen tour if MA was not playing. I would still go and be there with a smile on my face. I have nothing to gain by sitting at home with an angry face on about how my favorite band betrayed us fans and MA. The seats will be filled with our without MA.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 AM
    Liked 11,543 Times in 4,918 Posts

Enjoy. Just know you're not seeing CVH, as long as you're cool with that.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Interesting read. Amazing what one rumor will do to this place.

But I haven't read and laughed this much in a while. All of the theories and opinions are so typical of the VH fanbase, just as dysfunctional as the band.

I find it hard to believe that there are so many here that could care less about the possibility of Mikey not being a part of any upcoming VH activities.

It'll be interesting to see what actually happens next year.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Eruption
    Last Online

03.22.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 216 Times in 102 Posts

Then, there are the even smaller groups of people, like me, who don't give a crap who is playing with Eddie anymore. I just want to see Eddie play at this point. Van Halen the band is...well, I don't know what it is today. I don't care if its Dave, Sammy or the Swedish Chef. Would I like for mike to be there? Yes. Is it going to stop me from wanting to see Eddie play? Nope.

I don't care who is sucking who's cock, or who is pissing off who. I'll never meet these guys, I'll never know them personally. They get to make music for a living and I buy it.

Classic Van Halen is long gone. 1978-1984 is not coming back. Sure, the same four guys from that time period could potentially play again. But that is where the similarities end. They are older and have different attitudes now. They aren't buddies anymore. Dave's voice is rougher. Eddie is not as fast and a little sloppy. I'm fine with that. But the common thread through all of this is Eddie, and thats who I want to see play. If Mike's not there, well I can live with that. I never got to see Dave with Eddie before, so that's interesting, but if he wasn't going to tour with Eddie, fine.
    Leave everything to me!-Powdered Toast Man

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:25 PM
    Liked 106 Times in 43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Enjoy. Just know you're not seeing CVH, as long as you're cool with that.
    Understood. That said, even is all 4 are there, I'm not sure Mo Ostin himself could resurect the real CVH.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy
    Last Online

07.19.15 @ 07:28 AM
    Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Understood. That said, even is all 4 are there, I'm not sure Mo Ostin himself could resurect the real CVH.
    They might need Mo to bitch slap them all into real sense!!!
    LONG LIVE VH... DESTROY HATERS!!!! MODE ON