Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

The next one...
    Last Online

10.16.07 @ 10:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default What about the stage?!?

I just posted this same question over at the ROTHARMY and wanted to get your ideas...The thing that really dissappointed me when Sammy joined VH was the stage on the 5150 tour. It became obvious quickly who was behind VH's stages in the early days. That being said, what do you think a CVH stage will look like in 2007?

I know it's early and this could still blow up, but I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy and I'm assuming it's happening and Mike will be there. So, with that understood, my only concern is how big the stage will be? I want to see a stage that makes the 1984 and Eat 'em stages look like a karaoke bar. That was one of the coolest things about CVH in the day, the massive stages.

I also don't want to see Eddie playing a Wolfgang. I want to see him with a striped strat. If it's Dave, Alex, Mike and Eddie walking onto a massive stage together and Eddie has either the Frankie or 5150, I'll be happy. I think the music will take care of itself.
    "I'm a family oriented kind of guy...I've personally started four or five this year already!!" DLR 198?

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

I was 9 years old when the ultimate tour, 1984, occured. On that magical boot from Montreal and the thousands of pictures I own, that's the stage I want. Obviously they're not gonna put out the exact one, but as close to the 1984 stage, and set list for that matter, that they come will make me smile.

I am immensely aware, by the way, that I am living in the past, and I could not be happier about that. When Stern occasionaly goes through the top 5 songs in the country, I want to fucking throw up. It doesn't even sound like music to me.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

I don't give a flying shit about what the stage looks like as long as VAN HALEN is on it in 2007!
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

01.05.12 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    I don't give a flying shit about what the stage looks like as long as VAN HALEN is on it in 2007!
    I'll second that. If the original band is playing together, they could be standing on wooden crates and I'll enjoy it.
    DEAD OR ALIVE!!!

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:20 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I liked the OU812 tour stage, especially Al's riser.

But I don't expect Dave to be jumping like he used to.
    I hope for a wrap around stage ala U2 and for Eddie to back to the wireless setup so he is not limited on where he can go and probably trip Dave on the first show and put him out of commission and they have to cancel the tour.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150 View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Jump
    Last Online

02.28.12 @ 09:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I only hope if this is real that they come over to UK and show the young up starts how the big boys play.
    Welcome Back Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street, Little Guitars
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:30 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 3 Posts

I don't care about the stage and the lighting..

As DLR said..
    "If you can't do it in a white T-shirt and a pair of jeans under one white light bulb, you can't do it!"
    Don't drink the Jim Jones punch. They're called theToxic Twins for a reason...

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 413 Times in 248 Posts

Look I know that we are all excited about the possible reunion but there has been no official word. Like we're all talking like this is happening tomorrow. Like when you say, I wonder what the stage will look like for the 2007 Tour. There has been no word that there is going to be a tour. and in 1996 I'm sure people were excited as well but look how that crumbled. this might be no more than that. I doubt it will be, no more than 1996, but you never know.

Now... I think the stage should be kind of like the 2004 because it allowed for the fans to get so close to the band. But then again I think that they might just go for a simple approach to it. A standard stage will a cool backdrop. But i can tell you one thing about this potential tour. they are gonna have to market the hell out of it. And I'm sure they will. They gotta put ads on tv, radio, and all over the internet. and ticket prices, I know will probably be high, but they can't make them too high because there is still a large percentage of fans out there that will not go see this because of the high prices and the fact that they would rather remember the good times than have to pay 200 to relive them again. and I understand that.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

All Classic DLR Era
    Favorite VH Song

All Classic DLR Era
    Last Online

09.12.17 @ 08:35 AM
    Liked 31 Times in 16 Posts

I hope Al lights that gong on fire!
    I can't remember which comedian said it, about the current state of Van Halen, but he said right now, Van Halen is like a really hot playboy playmate with a prosthetic leg.

BRING BACK THE CLASSIC LINEUP!

I can't even have an opinion on ANYTHING anymore unless it's exactly what everyone else thinks...oh and if I do it means I HATE this album, and hope it fails. Man some of you can fuck off...seriously. - BRETT

"You make music for people. Otherwise, just play in your closet. And how do you reach the most people? By giving them the band that they know. To do it any other way would be selfish. - EVH, June 19, 2015 Billboard Magazine

"That's a load of crap. The fans know Michael Anthony." - Me, regarding the above quote from EVH, June 19, 2015

Favorite VH Album

All of them not titled III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, 5150
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BottomsUp72 View Post
    I hope Al lights that gong on fire!

Favorite VH Album

All of them not titled III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, 5150
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would hope that they don't try to recreate the 84 stage. I'd like to see something not done by Van Halen in either era - an original stage set-up just for this tour.

Oh yea, I hope no one decides to start a "I hope they'll wear their outfits from the '84 tour" thread.

Forum Frontman
    Last Online

07.04.16 @ 08:03 PM
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boilin' Strings View Post
    I just posted this same question over at the ROTHARMY and wanted to get your ideas...The thing that really dissappointed me when Sammy joined VH was the stage on the 5150 tour. It became obvious quickly who was behind VH's stages in the early days. That being said, what do you think a CVH stage will look like in 2007?

I know it's early and this could still blow up, but I'm a "glass half full" kind of guy and I'm assuming it's happening and Mike will be there. So, with that understood, my only concern is how big the stage will be? I want to see a stage that makes the 1984 and Eat 'em stages look like a karaoke bar. That was one of the coolest things about CVH in the day, the massive stages.

I also don't want to see Eddie playing a Wolfgang. I want to see him with a striped strat. If it's Dave, Alex, Mike and Eddie walking onto a massive stage together and Eddie has either the Frankie or 5150, I'll be happy. I think the music will take care of itself.
    Do you want them to all get plastic surgery so they can look as young as possible again? Should they try to fit into the only crazy-tight pants? You don't want Eddie playing a Wolfgang? Get out of thye fucking past! Eddie designed a guitar that he loves playing NOW. The guy (all the guys) have changed in all the ways people can over the course of 25+ years. How would you feel if you had tons of people asking you when you're 50-something to look, act, and play like you did when you were 25? Watch your 1984 boots and enjoy them for what they were. You won't be seeing that on this upcoming *potential* tour.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:25 AM
    Liked 11,577 Times in 4,934 Posts

Yes please can it be 1984 again, I want to go back to 7th grade.

Not.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

They're too old to move around the big stage.....