Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default ? Ideas For Kids B'day Party Games

Having a b'day party for my son who will turn 5 this weekend. I already have a few games and activities planned (duck, duck, goose - pin the tire on the monster truck as we are having a monster truck theme - decorating a t-shirt they can take home and rather than a cake, I make cupcakes that the kids can frost and decorate before eating).

Does anyone have any other ideas that went over great at your kid's party? It's suppose to be sunny and 50ish Saturday so something outside is not totally out of the question. I get more nervous over a kids party than an adult one because I'm afraid the kids will get bored or there won't be enough to keep them occupied for the 2 hrs they are there. Any ideas are appreciated.

Favorite VH Album

All of 'em
    Favorite VH Song

Top Jimmy/Runaround
    Last Online

08.21.17 @ 12:12 PM
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hi.

Let me know if you use any and how they liked these....Have FUN

I'm thinking musical chairs, some kind of monster truck race, maybe a treasure hunt with dollar store stuff.

''Bear and Tiger''- need one stuffed Bear and one stuffed Tiger (or whatever stuffed animals you choose). 2 children on opposite sides hold the stuffed animals. Explain that the Bear is trying to catch the Tiger. Children pass the animals around as quickly as they can, trying to make make the Bear catch the Tiger, or helping the Tiger escape the Bear. No winners, good fun.

'Paper Bag Guess'' Label some paper bags with each letter of birthday boy's name and put an object that starts with that letter inside. Pass bags around and children guess contents. Example: ''S'' bag has a sock, etc.

'Clean Your Room'' - need a bunch of old socks, balled up and a jump rope. Divide group into 2 teams on either side of the jumprope laid out on the ground(we played kids vs grownups. Toss the socks out - everyone pelts them at the other team whilst yelling ''CLEAN YOUR ROOM!'' Object is to get all the socks on the other side (never happens - just play until everyone collapses into sillies).

Write up a 5-10 minute story and include each child in it and have the child contribute on the fly (by naming a favorite toy, animal or something). Many times the results are hilarious and the children really love them.
    One noticeable difference between Judas Priest and Metallica...
    ...Judas Priest only has one gay guy in the band.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

Children's partys can be so productive:

"Scavenger hunt" - give the kiddies a list of illicit items that might be found in your child's room (broken toys, snack wrappers, dead insects, etc.) and give them bags and tell them to collect as much stuff as they can. Person who collects the most "treasure" gets to hold the big bag while the others toss theirs in.

"Vacuum races" - each kid gets to make a pass on the living room rug with the family vacuum. Goal here is to be the one that makes the slowest pass. Make sure to assign lanes first.

"Bobbing for whites" - each child gets to rustle through the clothes hamper in search of an item of clothing that could be classified as a "white", which are then put in a pile. No real objective other than to get the laundry sorted, but they don't need to know that!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen-VH III
    Favorite VH Song

Impossible
    Last Online

05.19.09 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 17 Times in 16 Posts

Default www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com

Hi, found this the other day. Might be useful for some ideas. This is a VERY popular website. I can see why. Hope it helps and everyone has a good time.
    http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    Children's partys can be so productive:
    "Bobbing for whites" - each child gets to rustle through the clothes hamper in search of an item of clothing that could be classified as a "white", which are then put in a pile. No real objective other than to get the laundry sorted, but they don't need to know that!
    Imagine the fun of traumatising a kid for life when the tot discovers one of the "whites" with serious skid-marks.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the ideas. Billy, I was laughing so hard reading your post. Great ideas but as Chef mentioned, the kids might have left scarred so I skipped them.

I added a treasure hunt to the games. I was a little concerned since the kids are young and would not be able to read but I made it very simple with just the pictures of the items they were looking for and a brief explanation before they started. Found some great little cheapy gifts at the party store and the kids where thrilled with their treasures.

All and all it went great. I was even able to get the sprinkles cleaned up quickly after the ice cream cone cup cakes were decorated so it didn't get ground into the carpet (always a good thing). Thanks again for the help, it was truly appreciated.