Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 97

Thread: wii

  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default wii



    Who's going to try and get one this winter?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii

    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Outta Space Cowboy Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.02
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,022
    Favorite VH Album

    VH I
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 07:41 AM
    Likes
    245
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    I'll be preordering mine quite soon, actually.

  3. #3
    5150 HuBBs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    36
    Posts
    621
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    AS IS
    Last Online

    05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    My recent podcast talks all about the wii. maybe you'd like to listen to get some more insight?

    GVN podcast episode 3
    -----HuBBs5150-----

    "Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

    What is GamingVision?

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.17.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,512
    Favorite VH Album

    FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Likes
    250
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    as soon as I'm told my local gamestop is taking preorders I'm on my way there. i intend to have one on launch day. I'm greatly looking forward to it. it's been a tough wait cause my gamecube (which I got on launch day in 2001) stopped working....or started working very poorly earlier this year so I traded it in. And I haven't had much to play since and I still have GC games I was in the middle of playing at the time. So I'm looking forward to new games (Twilight Princess) and also finishing my old games.

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    The Wii looks like the next big thing. The wireless interface could get people off of the couch.

    In fact, if someone wanted to make a little money, they would design dumbells that you could attach to the controllers so you could get buffed out.

    I hang out on the G4 TV message boards and everyone there has a boner in anticipation. The fact that so many game companies have jumped on board is also a great sign.
    Last edited by Axxman300; 09.28.06 at 08:54 PM.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  6. #6
    On Fire aceface9's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.24.04
    Posts
    384
    Last Online

    03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Likes
    47
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    looks fucking stupid.

  7. #7
    Outta Space Cowboy Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.02
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,022
    Favorite VH Album

    VH I
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 07:41 AM
    Likes
    245
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aceface9
    looks fucking stupid.
    You should know better than to doubt Nintendo by now. They've had one failed product, ever, and even it was ahead of its time.

  8. #8
    Baluchitherium Mikey Metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    53
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    4,033
    Last Online

    06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aceface9
    looks fucking stupid.
    I agree, then again, I like my PC better than any console system
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk ziggysmalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.24.03
    Location
    Cleveland, Oh
    Posts
    12,975
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:08 AM
    Likes
    2,601
    Liked 4,803 Times in 2,451 Posts


    Premium Member

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scotty5150
    You should know better than to doubt Nintendo by now. They've had one failed product, ever, and even it was ahead of its time.

    God I am going to sound like a geek. Nintendo is done. Their last two consoles were failures. They were number 1, 15 years ago and now are a distant third amongst console's. I do agree that their handheld units do well but give it time and both Sony and Microsoft will be ahead of them.

    The problem with Nintendo is that they still think that gamers are 8-14 years old. That was the case in the late 80's and early 90's however now those gamers are 20-40 years old. They don't want to play a golf game with a cartoon character. They don't want an RPG with some gay looking elf. They want mature games. They also want to play on line. Sony blasted Microsoft for their multiplayer ventures with XBOX live however with the PS3, they are going to emulate the format.

    I do agree that the Wii is going to revolutionize the control aspects of games but if the controller does not make the game. The design of the game does.

  10. #10
    On Fire aceface9's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.24.04
    Posts
    384
    Last Online

    03.25.16 @ 11:37 AM
    Likes
    47
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    God I am going to sound like a geek. Nintendo is done. Their last two consoles were failures. They were number 1, 15 years ago and now are a distant third amongst console's. I do agree that their handheld units do well but give it time and both Sony and Microsoft will be ahead of them.

    The problem with Nintendo is that they still think that gamers are 8-14 years old. That was the case in the late 80's and early 90's however now those gamers are 20-40 years old. They don't want to play a golf game with a cartoon character. They don't want an RPG with some gay looking elf. They want mature games. They also want to play on line. Sony blasted Microsoft for their multiplayer ventures with XBOX live however with the PS3, they are going to emulate the format.

    I do agree that the Wii is going to revolutionize the control aspects of games but if the controller does not make the game. The design of the game does.

    I agree completely. I'm sure they will sell a large amount of units with the initial run, but after the buzz is gone the numbers will drop significantly.

    Nintendo appears to cater to kiddies while their competitors seem to have a wider demographic.

  11. #11
    Outta Space Cowboy Scotty's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.07.02
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    11,022
    Favorite VH Album

    VH I
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 07:41 AM
    Likes
    245
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Long as the quality of those "kiddie" games continues to stand head-and-shoulders above the generic third party crap Sony pumps out, Nintendo will be just fine.

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium Leo Van Newhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.02.03
    Age
    33
    Location
    Wham Bam Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,169
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

    08.14.13 @ 03:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Who wants to wrestle HUH?!!? BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!
    THE PEOPLE HERE TONIGHT : Representing DAVID LEE ROTH in all his glory!!!!!!!!!

    JH: "How was your New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues?"
    DLR: "James...I AM New Years Eve!"

    "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding?" David Lee Roth

    "I'm gonna want to rock out w/ my cock out instead of playing anal taper dork." Colonel Sanders


    ANOTHER HOSTILE TAKEOVER COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  13. #13
    5150 HuBBs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    36
    Posts
    621
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    AS IS
    Last Online

    05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    God I am going to sound like a geek. Nintendo is done. Their last two consoles were failures. They were number 1, 15 years ago and now are a distant third amongst console's. I do agree that their handheld units do well but give it time and both Sony and Microsoft will be ahead of them.

    The problem with Nintendo is that they still think that gamers are 8-14 years old. That was the case in the late 80's and early 90's however now those gamers are 20-40 years old. They don't want to play a golf game with a cartoon character. They don't want an RPG with some gay looking elf. They want mature games. They also want to play on line. Sony blasted Microsoft for their multiplayer ventures with XBOX live however with the PS3, they are going to emulate the format.

    I do agree that the Wii is going to revolutionize the control aspects of games but if the controller does not make the game. The design of the game does.
    okay lets discet and destroy this post.
    1.) Nintendo doesn't think gamers are 8-14. they simply make games that appeal to evveryone. And because of that they have been deemed kiddy. Get over it.

    2.)The N64 and Gamecube were only failures in the lack of third party support. Both consoles have sold well over the 25 million mark. The dreamcast (my favorite system) died after only selling 5 million units in 2 1/2 years. the DC only managed to sell 10 million worldwide after its priced dropped to $50 in its final hour. (a little history for ya)

    3.)You'd be suprised how many of these 20-40 guys/gals will buy a game with a gay looking elf or a cartoony golf game. Why because they are fun as hell.

    4.) the controller does make the game. You think its possible to play street fighter on the Wii? Or even the gamecube? You have to make a game that will revolve around the controller.
    Last edited by HuBBs5150; 09.29.06 at 09:40 AM.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

    "Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

    What is GamingVision?

  14. #14
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.17.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,512
    Favorite VH Album

    FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 04:21 PM
    Likes
    250
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggysmalls
    God I am going to sound like a geek. Nintendo is done. Their last two consoles were failures. They were number 1, 15 years ago and now are a distant third amongst console's. I do agree that their handheld units do well but give it time and both Sony and Microsoft will be ahead of them.

    The problem with Nintendo is that they still think that gamers are 8-14 years old. That was the case in the late 80's and early 90's however now those gamers are 20-40 years old. They don't want to play a golf game with a cartoon character. They don't want an RPG with some gay looking elf. They want mature games. They also want to play on line. Sony blasted Microsoft for their multiplayer ventures with XBOX live however with the PS3, they are going to emulate the format.

    I do agree that the Wii is going to revolutionize the control aspects of games but if the controller does not make the game. The design of the game does.
    how absurd ...most of this is. You may not realize this but that "gay looking elf" is part the most universally praised franchise to this day. And even the so called "hardcores" can admit the brilliance of that franchise. Most of them are ranked up with the best of all time and most would agree that Ocarina of Time is arguably the best ever. so That just makes you ignorant. Cartoon graphics doesn't mean "kiddy". And then look at a franchise like Metroid. I'd be interested why you say that one is for kids. One of the very best games for Gamecube was Resident Evil 4. It was exclusively to gamecube for almost a year and it is superior in quality to the later PS2 version. The Mario franchise is still popular to this date. Because of the gameplay. It's always had superior and many times innovative gameplay and most of them are also ranked up near the best of all time. Also on a world wide basis the gamecube was neck and neck with the xbox. So you could barely say the xbox was more successful. especially when you consider that Nintendo, I'm sure, made A LOT more money from it.

    also...you SAY that N64 was a failure.....but for some reason everyone I knew back then had one. Everyone had played Mario 64...Mario Kart....Goldeneye....Ocarina. These are all among the most popular game of that generation. So I guess you're just looking at stats right now and saying....hmm...PSX sold a lot more...I guess N64 was a failure. But if you actually remember being around at the time you couldn't possibly say it failed. Plus if you're going to use this logic than I guess xbox was a failure too this generation because it doesn't even come close to touching the sales of the PS2. Do you feel that xbox was a failure?
    Last edited by OnTheInside1985; 09.29.06 at 10:07 AM.

  15. #15
    5150 HuBBs5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.19.04
    Age
    36
    Posts
    621
    Favorite VH Album

    ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    AS IS
    Last Online

    05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    the xbox and 360 are a failure in japan. the first hasn't even come close to 1 mil units sold. 360 hasn't even sold 100k units. however its the strong sales in the US, Europe and other asian coun tries that have kept MS alive in the gaming biz.
    Last edited by HuBBs5150; 09.29.06 at 10:18 AM.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

    "Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

    What is GamingVision?

 

 

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •