Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Frampton

Eruption
    Last Online

01.05.16 @ 08:47 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Peter Frampton

Any Frampton fans on here? I just bought his new all-istrumental album and I must say I am impressed by it. Not being a huge Frampton fan to begin with, but this a pretty enjoyable listen. Lots of diversity. I hope EVH's solo album is as good as this.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:19 AM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

I am a big Frampton fan.
    I saw him a few years back at the Cape Cod Melody Tent and he put on a great show.
    I also saw him back in 1993 in Ft. Lauderdale on the 4th of July where once agin he put on a great show.

I haven't heard his whole new album yet, but I did catch him on the Bob & Tom Show a couple weeks ago. Not only is he talented, but he is pretty damn funny too.

I too hope Eddie puts out a great solo album, and he leaves his sustainer in the closet.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.19.16 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Frampton rocks. Excellent player and songwriter.

Favorite VH Album

Changes On A Daily Basis
    Favorite VH Song

Ditto
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 08:25 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 74 Posts

I saw him in the early 80's, but i didn't really know his music and didn't pay the appropriate amount of attention.
    Then over the years i became a fan and realized what i'd missed.
    He played guitar in Bowie's band on the Glass Spider tour later in the 80's, and i saw that show but, and he was good, but it wasn't his show.
    Frampton Comes Alive has alwyas been in my Top 10.
    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
    -H.S.T

This next part could really confuse things. Let's stay focused. #asis

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

He covers Black Hole Sun on his new album.

Last Online

06.12.07 @ 05:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have always dug Frampton. A truely underrated guitarist and songwriter. Stellar style. His talent and playing style is truely unique and unmistakable.

I've seen him play live to a crowd of 10,000 people and I've seen him live in front of 150 fans. Always a stellar show regardless.

"Bob Mayo...on the keyboards...Bob Mayo..." has stuck by him throughout the years as well as his bassist. So his sound has stayed consistent throughout the years.

His latest tracks, Verge of a Thing, etc. are quite good and have some good hooks.
    Talkin Some New Kicks

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 09:28 AM
    Liked 1,346 Times in 923 Posts

Does anybody have any of his pre-Frampton Comes Alive! stuff? I have most of the songs in studio form on an A&M compilation I bought many years ago, and I recently heard "Shine On" in one of our hotels a few weeks ago, and wonder if the stuff we don't know from the first four albums is pretty good. It took me years, but I actually like I'm In You (the follow up album to Frampton Comes Alive!) quite a bit. Maybe if he'd never gotten involved in that horrible "Sgt. Pepper's" movie...

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yeah, that was a career killer...
    Or whatever that BeeGees thing was...

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Anybody have the deluxe edition of Frampton Comes Alive!? I know there are 4 new songs and the sequence is changed up, but other than that, are the recordings the same? Or is it like the new The Song Remains The Same soundtrack where some of the songs from the original now sound quite different?

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    Anybody have the deluxe edition of Frampton Comes Alive!? I know there are 4 new songs and the sequence is changed up, but other than that, are the recordings the same? Or is it like the new The Song Remains The Same soundtrack where some of the songs from the original now sound quite different?
    It's really weird. The track listing is all screwed up, and the new songs sound kind of tinny. The original release used audience sounds from a Rolling Stones concert. It seems in places that the new release did not use them this time out. In fact, in one section of the third new song, it sounds like the cheers are "looped" or something. It's hard to explain, other than saying that it sounds "off" somehow.

I hate it when classic albums are resequenced or remixed. Remember that really odd version of Tres Hombres from the ZZ Top Six Pack? Eventually I started to like it, yet I think it was more to do with the fact it was the only version available at the time, so I was more or less stuck with it. Too bad that warped bit of logic didn't quite work the same regarding Van Halen III.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Album

Sound Magazine
    Favorite VH Song

I Think I Love You
    Last Online

06.07.15 @ 10:30 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

The only thing I don't like about Frampton Comes Alive is that the picture on the album cover is sideways. When you opened the double album up to look at the whole picture, the second record would fall out of its sleeve and land on your big toe. It really hurt like hell.

Don't read this.

Last Online

03.07.10 @ 06:18 AM
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwinkle View Post
    The only thing I don't like about Frampton Comes Alive is that the picture on the album cover is sideways. When you opened the double album up to look at the whole picture, the second record would fall out of its sleeve and land on your big toe. It really hurt like hell.
    You see, I did the same damned thing. I'd set the sleeves for ease of removal, as those records could be scratched by the hint of a paper cut. That fucking three record Woodstock was a pain in the ass as well, as most of my stoned friends could never refold it correctly, much like one of those crummy maps you used to get at the Amoco station while traveling.

Then again, think about our choice of footwear at the time. If not "Earth-shoes" (which somehow made it seem you were walking up-hill all the time) to sandals made out of old tires, what do ya expect? Remember platform shoes? Oh great...I have to now buy pants longer than normal to accommodate my shoes. Yeah, and try to dance, walk or God forbid ride a bike to school wearing this horseshit. And best of luck remembering to take the clip off of yer pants to keep your slacks from getting caught in the chain guard.
    "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
    George Bernard Shaw

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Some of us didn't open the sleeve up until the record was actually playing! And this was one of those convenient double albums with the 1/4 - 2/3 configuration designed for those automatic spindles (although in reality one shouldn't use an automatic spindle).

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Down in Flames
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 02:13 AM
    Liked 200 Times in 83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007 View Post
    And this was one of those convenient double albums with the 1/4 - 2/3 configuration designed for those automatic spindles (although in reality one shouldn't use an automatic spindle).
    How come? Hadn't heard that before.
    Posted from yo' mama's house.

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

Well, it's more my opinion than anything I've ever read for fact, but I just can't see the good of having your vinyl drop 6 inches or whatever onto the hard rubber turntable - all it seems it would take would be a tiny piece of grit to create a nice scratch as the turntable is moving when the platter hits, but not the record itself. Same scenario for record #2 dropping on record #1, and so on.