Donor

Default We should nuke Iran

We should nuke Iran
    Toronto Sun (Canada) ^ | Saturday, September 2, 2006 | MICHAEL COREN

We should nuke Iran

Toronto Sun
    Saturday, September 2, 2006

By MICHAEL COREN

It is surely obvious now to anybody with even a basic understanding of history, politics and the nature of fascism that something revolutionary has to be done within months -- if not weeks -- if we are to preserve world peace.

Put boldly and simply, we have to drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

Not, of course, the unleashing of full-scale thermo-nuclear war on the Persian people, but a limited and tactical use of nuclear weapons to destroy Iran's military facilities and its potential nuclear arsenal. It is, sadly, the only response that this repugnant and acutely dangerous political entity will understand.

The tragedy is that innocent people will die. But not many. Iran's missiles and rockets of mass destruction are guarded and maintained by men with the highest of security clearance and thus supportive of the Tehran regime. They are dedicated to war and, thus, will die in war.

Frankly, it would be churlish of the civilized world to deny martyrdom to those who seem so intent on its pursuance. Most important, a limited nuclear attack on Iran will save thousands if not millions of lives.

The spasm of reaction from many will be that this is barbaric and unacceptable. Yet a better response would be to ask if there is any sensible alternative.

Diplomacy, kindness and compromise have failed and the Iranian leadership is still obsessed with all-out war against anybody it considers an enemy.

Its motives are beyond question, its capability equally so. It is spending billions of dollars on a whole range of anti-ship, anti-aircraft and anti-personnel missiles, rockets and ballistic weapons:

The Shahab 3ER missile, with a range of more than 2,000 km, and the BM25 and accompanying launchers, which are so powerful that they can hit targets in Europe. Raad missiles with a range of 350km. The Misaq anti-aircraft missile, which can be fired from the shoulder. The Fajar 3 radar-evading missile and the Ajdar underwater missile, which travels at an extraordinarily high speed and is almost impossible to intercept. The Zaltal and the Fatah 110 rocket, the Scud B and Scud C and the BM25 with a range of 3,500 kms.

Iran is also developing enormous propellant ballistic missiles and began a space program almost a decade ago that will enable it to bomb the United States. It is also assumed in intelligence circles that Tehran has Russian Kh55 cruise missiles stolen from Ukraine which are now being copied in large numbers by Iranian scientists.

Comparisons to the Nazis in the 1930s are unfair -- to the Nazis. Hitler had the French army, the largest in Europe, on his border and millions of Soviet infantry just a few hours march away. Iran has no aggressive enemies in the region.

Its fanatical leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, controls a brutal police state, finances international terror and provokes bloody wars in foreign countries. It is unimaginably wealthy because of its oil revenues and is committed, in its leader's words, to "rolling back 300 years of Western ascendancy" and wiping another nation, Israel, from the face of the earth.

A conventional attack would be insufficient because Iran and its allies seem only to listen to power and threat. Better limited pain now than universal suffering in five years.

The usual suspects will complain. The post-Christian churches, the Marxists, the fellow travelers and fifth columnists. But then, the same sort of people moaned and condemned in 1938. They were clearly wrong then.

They would be just as wrong now.

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Colum...2/1795183.html

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

My only question is a clarification of the term "conventional attack". Does that mean the use of non-nuclear weapons?

If we systematically took out their nuclear facilities assuming we know where they all are would cripple them greatly. I don't think it really matters if we use "tactical nukes" or "conventional" weapons as long as they hit their targets.

I tend to agree we need to be proactive instead of reactive but the rest of the world will look at us as barbarians and may get ugly...
    Last edited by fast98dodge; 09.03.06 at 12:35 AM.
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The funny thing is that that was written by a Canadian. He's either under the mistaken impression that Canada has a military, or he's under the mistaken impression that he's an American.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Phatie
    if we are to preserve world peace...we have to drop a nuclear bomb on Iran.

"Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Last Online

07.05.17 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

^ hmm, the word "Bombing" and the rest have been written by two different peeps.

"The tragedy is that innocent people will die. But not many."

?

Favorite VH Album

They're all shit
    Last Online

11.19.17 @ 09:41 AM
    Liked 34 Times in 20 Posts

This "journalist" is obviously a fuckmook. I can't even be bothered to tear apart his article because I have to arrange my socks into colour schemes. He should go back to playing with crayons in the sandpit. I would like to hit him very hard in the mouth but it's not fair to attack the mentally challenged.
    Dickhead.
    A man could lose himself in a country like this.

My blog at http://tollins.blogspot.de/

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.30.11 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

He's got a point about 1938. Chamberlain and Stalin both thought Hitler wouldnt cause any trouble. Hell, Truman thought Stalin was a nice guy...

Dont think I'd like to see nuclear weapons fired at Iran, but I somehow doubt talking to them will help much if they decided to follow through with wiping Isreal off the face of the earth. Or any other nation for that matter.

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

What a ridiculous article.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Lancashire(Preston and Manchester), England...the ORIGINAL, NOT 'New England'
    Favorite VH Album

VH 3 and 5150
    Last Online

09.04.12 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

While we are at it lets ban fat people. I think they are ugly.

....well its makes as much sense as he does.
    'The whole world is watching you tonight!'

Official VHLinks Van Halen 3 fan.

'The III Brigade' - show your support for Van Halen 3 by wearing this sig!

Recognise VH3 for what it was! - A fantastic third incarnation of the greatest band of all time!

YO!Edward and Mishar McLeud - founding members of the III Brigade.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Being Canadian, I can't believe that the Toronto Sun would allow this RANT to pass as a legitimate article. Had I known that ranting was an acceptable form of journalism, I would have ventured into journalism a long time ago. It is clear that Mr Coren has a deep hatered for Iran and its people.

I find it very ridiculous that he would suggest a nuclear attack on a country that has not threatened to attack anyone thus far. He goes into a long winded explanation of what weapons Iran MIGHT have. Is it me or didn't we go through this in Iraq with the Weapons Of Mass Destruction(we all know that Iraq had a whole lot of those????).

Mr. Coren should be forced to print a public appology to the Iranian people and, in the future, he should keep his boneheaded comments to himself.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

just do it already and quit talking about it.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lightemup55
    Being Canadian, I can't believe that the Toronto Sun would allow this RANT to pass as a legitimate article. Had I known that ranting was an acceptable form of journalism, I would have ventured into journalism a long time ago. It is clear that Mr Coren has a deep hatered for Iran and its people.

I find it very ridiculous that he would suggest a nuclear attack on a country that has not threatened to attack anyone thus far. He goes into a long winded explanation of what weapons Iran MIGHT have. Is it me or didn't we go through this in Iraq with the Weapons Of Mass Destruction(we all know that Iraq had a whole lot of those????).

Mr. Coren should be forced to print a public appology to the Iranian people and, in the future, he should keep his boneheaded comments to himself.
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad:

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation. The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm." (1)

"The existence of this (Israeli) regime is a permanent threat. Its existence has harmed the dignity of Islamic nations." (1)

"Anybody who recognizes Israel will burn in the fire of the Islamic nation's fury." (2)

"And God willing, with the force of God behind it, we shall soon experience a world without the United States and Zionism," (2)

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them. Do the removal of Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations." (3)

"The existence of the Zionist regime is tantamount to an imposition of an unending and unrestrained threat so that none of the nations and Islamic countries of the region and beyond can feel secure from its threat." (4)

"As the Imam said, Israel must be wiped off the map."

"The establishment of Zionist regime was a move by the world oppressor against the Islamic world. The skirmishes in the occupied land are part of the war of destiny. The outcome of hundreds of years of war will be defined in Palestinian land." (6)

“Our dear Imam [Ruhollah Khomeini] ordered that the occupying regime in Jerusalem be wiped off the face of the earth. This was a very wise statement. The issue of Palestine is not one which we could compromise on. … This would mean the defeat of the Islamic world” (7)

"Is it possible for us to witness a world without America and Zionism? But you had best know that this slogan and this goal are attainable, and surely can be achieved..." (8)

(1) http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/04/14/D8GVSUC0H.html

(2) http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/me...jad/index.html

(3) http://worldnetdaily.com/news/articl...TICLE_ID=48790

(4) http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...ael/index.html

(5) http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...CE0E9957EA.htm

(6) http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/26/news/iran.php

(7) http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/new...p?storyid=4137

(8) http://regimechangeiran.blogspot.com...seen-this.html

"sacrifice half of Iran for the sake of eliminating Israel"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.28.17 @ 05:51 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

There we go, the answer is ISRAEL. The US must protect ISRAEL because it is a helpless nation that can't defend itself. Funny thing is, so was TIBET, but I guess they don't count because there is no oil in their region and therefore no need for a tactical stronghold.

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Yes, it's all about Israeli oil. Good grief.