Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    5150 venom thrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.05
    Posts
    653
    Last Online

    06.21.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts

    Default Rockers Pay Tribute to Van Halen

    Notice no songs from the Sammy era....

    Deadline/Cleopatra Records has just released "'80s Metal Tribute To Van Halen", a collection of VAN HALEN covers performed by some of the biggest hard rock stars of the '80s metal scene. The complete track listing for the effort is as follows:

    01. Paul Di'Anno (IRON MAIDEN) – "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
    02. Jack Russell (GREAT WHITE) & Dweezil Zappa - "Unchained"
    03. Mark Slaughter (SLAUGHTER) & Doug Aldrich (WHITESNAKE, DIO) - "I'm The One"
    04. Jani Lane (WARRANT) & George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB) - "Panama"
    05. Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES), Fred Coury (CINDERELLA), Frankie Wilsey (SEA HAGS) & Colby (HOLLYWOOD ROSES) - "Ice Cream Man"
    06. Fee Waybill (THE TUBES) & Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER) - "Atomic Punk"
    07. John Corabi (UNION, MÖTLEY CRÜE) & Bruce Kulick (KISS) - "Hot For Teacher"
    08. Stephen Pearcy (RATT) & Jake E. Lee (OZZY OSBOURNE) - "Running With The Devil"
    09. Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW) & Reb Beach (WHITESNAKE) - "Dance The Night Away"
    10. ENUFF Z'NUFF - "Yankee Rose"
    11. Jeff Scott Soto & Blues Saraceno (ex-POISON) – "So This Is Love?"
    12. Doug Pinnick (KING'S X), Yngwie Malmsteen & Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG) - "Light Up The Sky"

    Check out the album cover artwork at this location.

  2. #2
    5150 venom thrust's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.20.05
    Posts
    653
    Last Online

    06.21.15 @ 03:34 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 55 Times in 31 Posts

    Default

    The Artwork is the same as Best Of Both Worlds....Nothing great.

  3. #3
    Eruption lal5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.18.05
    Age
    51
    Location
    miami,fla
    Posts
    1,452
    Favorite VH Album

    dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

    ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

    06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    wasn't this released a few yrs ago.
    they hate if your the same , and they hate you if your different- evh

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,171
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 11:03 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,596 Times in 982 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venom thrust
    Notice no songs from the Sammy era....

    Deadline/Cleopatra Records has just released "'80s Metal Tribute To Van Halen", a collection of VAN HALEN covers performed by some of the biggest hard rock stars of the '80s metal scene. The complete track listing for the effort is as follows:

    01. Paul Di'Anno (IRON MAIDEN) – "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love"
    02. Jack Russell (GREAT WHITE) & Dweezil Zappa - "Unchained"
    03. Mark Slaughter (SLAUGHTER) & Doug Aldrich (WHITESNAKE, DIO) - "I'm The One"
    04. Jani Lane (WARRANT) & George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB) - "Panama"
    05. Gilby Clarke (GUNS N' ROSES), Fred Coury (CINDERELLA), Frankie Wilsey (SEA HAGS) & Colby (HOLLYWOOD ROSES) - "Ice Cream Man"
    06. Fee Waybill (THE TUBES) & Brad Gillis (NIGHT RANGER) - "Atomic Punk"
    07. John Corabi (UNION, MÖTLEY CRÜE) & Bruce Kulick (KISS) - "Hot For Teacher"
    08. Stephen Pearcy (RATT) & Jake E. Lee (OZZY OSBOURNE) - "Running With The Devil"
    09. Joe Lynn Turner (DEEP PURPLE, RAINBOW) & Reb Beach (WHITESNAKE) - "Dance The Night Away"
    10. ENUFF Z'NUFF - "Yankee Rose"
    11. Jeff Scott Soto & Blues Saraceno (ex-POISON) – "So This Is Love?"
    12. Doug Pinnick (KING'S X), Yngwie Malmsteen & Billy Sheehan (MR. BIG) - "Light Up The Sky"
    Check out the album cover artwork at this location.

    These are the biggest names in 80's hard rock?

    Thank the gods they didn't forget Enuff Z'nuff and Union.

  5. #5
    Good Enough padraig5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    37
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,772
    Favorite VH Album

    VH, Fair Warning, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Mean Street, Humans Being
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 05:09 AM
    Likes
    101
    Liked 41 Times in 24 Posts

    Default

    I'm actually not a big fan af these tribute compilations. If I want to listen to "Atomic Punk" I'll throw in VH I...

  6. #6
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,688
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 10:05 AM
    Likes
    1,263
    Liked 11,542 Times in 4,917 Posts

    Default

    Most of those were already released on that other compliation that came out a few years ago, which I found to be generic, bland enditions of the songs. It's easy to hear why VH is such a special band when you hear some of these 80's guys trying to pull them off.

    I remember that RWTD with Pearcy and Jake E. Lee was just an abortion, it was so bad.
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Since when is Yankee Rose a VH tune?
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  8. #8
    Hang 'Em High
    Join Date
    06.17.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    6,980
    Favorite VH Album

    You name it
    Favorite VH Song

    See above
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Likes
    310
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

    Default

    This is a few years older I believe.

  9. #9
    On Fire DirtyWaterDoggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.24.04
    Age
    50
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    411
    Favorite VH Album

    All
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs, BOBW...
    Last Online

    12.10.17 @ 03:55 AM
    Likes
    39
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    Most of those were already released on that other compliation that came out a few years ago, which I found to be generic, bland enditions of the songs. It's easy to hear why VH is such a special band when you hear some of these 80's guys trying to pull them off.

    I remember that RWTD with Pearcy and Jake E. Lee was just an abortion, it was so bad.

    This has been rehashed so many times, I remember there was the tribute called Little Guitars and most of the same renditions were on Hot For Teacher, which were techno versions of these same songs.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    Since when is Yankee Rose a VH tune?

    I was thinking the same thing...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

  11. #11
    Baluchitherium mistere's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.31.02
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    5,364
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Women Down
    Favorite VH Song

    Chicken Feet for Breakfast
    Last Online

    07.11.09 @ 03:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I'm struggling to think of any VH tributes that weren't an embarassment.
    Mark Slaughter? Jack Russell? Thanks. That's like Carrot Top doing a tribute
    to Woody Allen. I can barely think of any good VH covers. New thread.

  12. #12
    Hot For Teacher MrBrownSound's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    273
    Favorite VH Album

    Balance
    Favorite VH Song

    Hear About It Later
    Last Online

    12.03.15 @ 02:15 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by venom thrust
    Notice no songs from the Sammy era....
    Which means absolutely nothing.

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    07.11.05
    Age
    26
    Posts
    11,883
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

    06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    These are the biggest names in 80's hard rock?

    Thank the gods they didn't forget Enuff Z'nuff and Union.
    Union wasn't even '80s. Their debut was released off a small label in 1994 and was taken on by a larger label in 1996, when Corabi was out of Motley Crue. That's what I've heard, but that isn't the debate at hand. Union was not '80s. Hell, Corabi's band the Scream didn't debut until 1991!

    These are the same artists that do projects from every Cleopatra tribute release. This is nothing new. It was released as "Little Guitars: A Tribute to Van Halen" sometime around 2000. The only song I truly enjoy is, ironically, Corabi's version of "Hot for Teacher."
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

    "He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

  14. #14
    Eruption Executionor's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.01
    Age
    49
    Location
    Erie, Kansas
    Posts
    1,468
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Speaking of this sort ofthing, I was at the city pool today and a more modern band of some sort, I have no idea who, had a tune about Van Halen and buying Van Halen 1 and went on to sing about several tunes about that album...didn't atch the rest. Anyone know about this song?
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

    Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

    It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

  15. #15
    Eruption
    Join Date
    04.06.02
    Age
    39
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    879
    Favorite VH Album

    VH1,FW,1984,5150,FUCK,ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    changes every week,love em all
    Last Online

    12.15.16 @ 02:14 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 18 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Executionor
    Speaking of this sort ofthing, I was at the city pool today and a more modern band of some sort, I have no idea who, had a tune about Van Halen and buying Van Halen 1 and went on to sing about several tunes about that album...didn't atch the rest. Anyone know about this song?
    Yeah, it's pretty funny. The song you mean is called "Van Halen" from the punk band "Nerf Herder" (well, if you wanna call it punk, they sound a little like "Weezer"). Actually I have the CD at home, but in a whole it's pretty crappy.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Hey Rockers...?
    By zsat777 in forum Musicians' Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09.03.06, 04:13 PM
  2. BORN TO ROCK: Rockers when they were tykes
    By LLFHS in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01.17.05, 11:36 AM
  3. Van Halen tribute in Video.
    By xaminer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07.23.02, 12:10 PM
  4. New Tribute to Van Halen CD
    By Big D in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10.26.00, 02:10 PM
  5. New Tribute to Van Halen CD
    By Big D in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10.22.00, 02:53 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •