Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 76 12341151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1127
  1. #1
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,794
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    05.29.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    87
    Liked 173 Times in 109 Posts

    Default The Extreme thread!

    Extreme is my second favorite band after VH! Pornagraphitti is my favorite Extreme album, with III Sides being a close second. I love the first album too.

    Is Extreme going to tour North America in 2005? I hope so, I heard they are touring Japan right now.
    Last edited by YankeeRose; 01.07.05 at 12:47 AM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    2,400
    Last Online

    05.29.17 @ 11:14 PM
    Likes
    41
    Liked 75 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Probably my 2nd fav too.

    Pornograffitti was just insanely good.

    I loved the direction they were going with Waiting for the Punchline...It'd be nice if they got together and put out a new cd.

    I still want Nuno to do his solo/Population 1 projects as well.

  3. #3
    The Dude Dan Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.16.00
    Age
    31
    Location
    Corvallis, OR, USA
    Posts
    9,345
    Last Online

    09.26.07 @ 01:38 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Very underrated band. I hate it when I watch these shows on VH1 and people put down Extreme because of More Than Words, but that song doesn't represent them very well. Nuno's playing reminds me a lot of Eddie, and they have a lot of kickass rocking songs. III Sides is probably my favorite Extreme album, it's a masterpiece.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

  4. #4
    Eruption vh resurrection's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.04
    Age
    41
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,406
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

    03.31.15 @ 04:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Halen
    Very underrated band. I hate it when I watch these shows on VH1 and people put down Extreme because of More Than Words, but that song doesn't represent them very well. Nuno's playing reminds me a lot of Eddie, and they have a lot of kickass rocking songs. III Sides is probably my favorite Extreme album, it's a masterpiece.
    I put them top 5 in my book. I wish I could find some more bootlegs around. Someone posted a bunch of unreleased stuff a while back. I can't remember who it was. Do any of you have any unreleased stuff or know where I can find it?
    I thought Cherone would have been awesome fronting Queen on their reunion tour and album that I read about here somewhere. I think Saigon Kick (Love Is On The Way) and Mr. Big (To Be With You and Wild World) got put down for the same reason.
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

  5. #5
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,794
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    05.29.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    87
    Liked 173 Times in 109 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vh resurrection
    I put them top 5 in my book. I wish I could find some more bootlegs around. Someone posted a bunch of unreleased stuff a while back. I can't remember who it was. Do any of you have any unreleased stuff or know where I can find it?
    I thought Cherone would have been awesome fronting Queen on their reunion tour and album that I read about here somewhere. I think Saigon Kick (Love Is On The Way) and Mr. Big (To Be With You and Wild World) got put down for the same reason.

    I have a bunch of their unreleased songs. The best one to me is Sex And Love. I also like Fairweather Faith, Nice Place To Visit, and their cover of the Beatles song Help! They did a really good cover of the Kiss song Strutter too. It was on a Kiss Tribute album.

    I found the songs on WimMX and the old Napster.
    Last edited by YankeeRose; 01.07.05 at 04:10 PM.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  6. #6
    Baluchitherium JWS_5150's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.26.00
    Age
    33
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    4,366
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Right Now
    Last Online

    05.18.09 @ 10:19 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Extreme is quite the underrated band indeed. III Sides is indeed a masterpiece. I'd love some remasters.
    I'm one of those crazies on your block.

    writing

  7. #7
    Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.26.02
    Age
    36
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,436
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    10.22.16 @ 11:41 AM
    Likes
    221
    Liked 94 Times in 50 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    One of my faves too, eventhough the early work can be quite cheesy, but I'm busy listening to Nuno anyways. Great band that I hope will get back together for good. My favorite song is probably Teacher's Pet because of the Halen type backing vocals, and killer guitar work. Money and He Man Woman Hater are killer tunes, and shit I can't forget There Is No God and Cyinical Fuck. All you need is love!
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

    "The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

    Sucka'sFacebook

  8. #8
    Eruption vh resurrection's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.03.04
    Age
    41
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,406
    Favorite VH Album

    VHII, WACF, 5150
    Last Online

    03.31.15 @ 04:22 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    I have a bunch of their unreleased songs. The best one to me is Sex And Love. I also like Fairweather Faith, Nice Place To Visit, and their cover of the Beatles song Help! They did a really good cover of the Kiss song Strutter too. It was on a Kiss Tribute album.

    I found the songs on WimMX and the old Napster.
    I've been searching the P2P networks for those tracks and bit torrent sites for some bootlegged demos but I can't find them. I've got Help! and Strutter already though. I thought Strutter was a nice change of pace to the original. I also have the Queen Medley that they did for the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. They (or at least Cherone) did Queen's Love of My Life as well. I can't find any of the other stuff though. If you see it anywhere please let me know...
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to introduce the king of 10 fingers and six strings... Mr. Edward Van Halen!"

  9. #9
    Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.26.02
    Age
    36
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    18,436
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

    Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

    10.22.16 @ 11:41 AM
    Likes
    221
    Liked 94 Times in 50 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vh resurrection
    I've been searching the P2P networks for those tracks and bit torrent sites for some bootlegged demos but I can't find them. I've got Help! and Strutter already though. I thought Strutter was a nice change of pace to the original. I also have the Queen Medley that they did for the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. They (or at least Cherone) did Queen's Love of My Life as well. I can't find any of the other stuff though. If you see it anywhere please let me know...
    I have those tracks my friend. Send me an email at SuckaInA3Piece@gmail.com and I'll get some of them to ya this weekend. I've been meaning to just put all of them up at G101, but never got the time.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

    "The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

    Sucka'sFacebook

  10. #10
    Hot For Teacher chas's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.10.04
    Location
    Guam U.S.A.
    Posts
    259
    Favorite VH Album

    The Magnificent 7 & F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    at the moment House of Pain
    Last Online

    08.31.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    mutha!!! I don't know that song seems to stick in my head (along with the video) Great band, highly underrated.

  11. #11
    Little Dreamer
    Join Date
    03.04.04
    Posts
    4
    Last Online

    12.06.11 @ 07:16 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Nuno's new band, Population 1, is performing on the late late show on cbs on the 24th of January (Monday) - check it out

  12. #12
    Eruption Casemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.18.03
    Age
    30
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,285
    Favorite VH Album

    VH, VH2, FW, ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

    Big River, Little Guitars
    Last Online

    03.22.17 @ 06:01 AM
    Likes
    12
    Liked 120 Times in 49 Posts

    Default

    Ever noticed how the intro to "Mutha, Don't Wanna Go To School Today" is a lot like Unchained? I hadn't listened to it for a while and when I put it on... "Whoa.."

    GREAT band. I love 'em. Gary is an underrated singer. IMO, the production on 3 kinda made him sound a little rougher than he should. Listen to something like Decadence Dance. Gary at his best, IMO. TOJ is a good album, too.
    Waylon Jennings: 1937-2002.
    "There ain't nothin' quite as sad as watching your heroes die."

    RIP, Hoss!

  13. #13
    Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.13.99
    Location
    I am a Van Halenized Canadian!
    Posts
    12,794
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

    05.29.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    87
    Liked 173 Times in 109 Posts

    I hope Extreme can make another album and tour North America in the near future. I would love to see them live.
    Right Now you're reading my post!


    I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

    -- John Entwistle

    2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk BREW CREW's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.09.00
    Age
    44
    Posts
    11,665
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

    02.05.17 @ 06:36 PM
    Likes
    45
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeRose
    I hope Extreme can make another album and tour North America in the near future. I would love to see them live.
    Hell yeah Yankee. Extreme better do this for us fans!! Extreme is a kick-ass live band....
    Just go for it!

  15. #15
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.07.04
    Location
    Over Macho Grande
    Posts
    2,400
    Last Online

    05.29.17 @ 11:14 PM
    Likes
    41
    Liked 75 Times in 50 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hadareud
    Nuno's new band, Population 1, is performing on the late late show on cbs on the 24th of January (Monday) - check it out
    Cool. I'll have to set the vcr.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Extreme
    By VanHagar5150 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04.14.06, 06:52 AM
  2. Extreme/Cherone/VH
    By 51501984 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11.11.02, 03:00 PM
  3. Extreme Comeback!!!!!!
    By BEZEK KNOWS BEST in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01.16.02, 07:00 PM
  4. Cherone and Extreme........
    By JimboHalen in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03.28.01, 12:24 PM
  5. Cherone and Extreme........
    By JimboHalen in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01.31.01, 08:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •