Register
Save
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Last Online

02.18.12 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement Day
    I was right in the middle in front of Sammy's mike stand, I was wearing a black VH shirt with the eagle on it. I take it you were on the stage, where at?
    No, I was 3rd row in front of Mike/Mona's mic. I was wearing a tan Cincinnati Reds cap and I'm rather tall so I was the one pointing out the guy that was just back from Iraq for 2 days--he was right next to me. You must have been a couple people over from the people who had the kid that looked to be about 10-12 years old.

"I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 07:25 PM
    Liked 86 Times in 54 Posts

Yeah, man I saw you pointing to the guys from Iraq! That was a pretty cool part of the show. Great times, just wish the Burgh could have shown the same amount of love for Sam as Detroit.

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Yeah, man I saw you pointing to the guys from Iraq! That was a pretty cool part of the show. Great times, just wish the Burgh could have shown the same amount of love for Sam as Detroit.
    I thought the guy from the Army was going to pee himself. He threw his shirt up there and it almost hit Sam, then all through the show Sam and Mona were stepping all over it to the point it was almost funny then he finally picked it up. I don't think the guy was a day over 21 years old. When I read his sign before the show I had to hold back the emotions because it caught me off-guard. I'm just glad that Sam & Mike looked the guy straight in the eye and thanked him. What class.

Yeah, I heard him say about 4,000 people were there. The good thing about being down front was that I felt like the whole world was back there though! I just had a great time and thought it was an awesome show. If it weren't for my vacation I'd go see him again before the end of the tour. By the time I get back he'll be way out left. I will definitely go at least a couple times per tour until Sam hangs it up and I think there's more chance of me hanging it up before him.

The downer part of the show for me was when Mona flicked a pick our way and it bounced off the chest of the lady one chair over from me. We couldn't find it and finally her husband found it under my feet!

"I write and play music for a living, I'm not a businessman. It seems like all attorneys ever do is stir up trouble. They create problems that never existed and ream you for half your money, then they try to fix what they started and nail ya for whatever money you got left. I'll tell ya, man, I don't see how these guys sleep at night." --Edward Van Halen

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.25.19 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Went to last nights show and all I can say is that it was one hell of a good time! Got in the parking lot around 5:00 and kicked back a few cold ones, walked around looking for the Cabo village because I thought it was supposed to be outside the venue, but saw some of the stuff set up inside. Asked the guards if we could go in and come back out, but they said that once you went in, you had to stay there. So we headed back to my buddies truck and had a few more beers and then headed in for the show around 7:15.

Walked around inside for awhile and picked up a Waborita, their not too bad except for they cost $10. I wouldn't have got one if I knew I was going to get one for free later. Anyways, me and my friends decided it was time to head up to our seats. They had section 6 row Z, and that is where I was planning on sitting until I checked ticketmaster a few days before the show and ended up with Pit row A! I took one of my pals that I figured would really appreciate it up with me and it turned out that they were right in front of Sammy's mike.

Well the shows already been talked about, so I guess I don't have to go into detail there, but what I can say is and what the highlight of the show was for me, was when Sammy gave me a Waborita, felt like a little kid at x-mas. Overall, I'm more than happy with the show and how things turned out. My only complaint is that I wish there was bigger crowd kinda felt bad for Sam after playing to a big crowd the night before in Detroit and then moving on to Pittsburgh with around 4,200 (asked one of the gurards). Oh well, all the better for those of us who decided to show up and enjoy one hell of a show.

In Pittsburgh's defense, having the show in the middle of Major League Baseball All Star Week, was probably a mistake. It's the reason I didn't go. There was a lot going on. It also took up all the hype and media coverage.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

It makes sense, I totally forgot about what was going on down at PNC park.

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

09.23.06 @ 06:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Any word on audio/video from this show? It rocked and I would definately love to have a copy!

Thanks

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, Romeo Delight, HAIL
    Last Online

03.29.12 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree............I was at this show and would love to get some audio/video of the show. Anyone??? Anyone???
    "'DLR Band' means Dave, Lowery, and Ray. I named it that because it sounds more like a band then 'David Lee Roth', which just sounds like a person. When you hear 'David Lee Roth'--you think of a person. When you hear 'DLR Band'--you think of a band. Just like when you hear 'Eddie Van Halen' you think of a person, and when you hear 'Van Halen'--you think of David Lee Roth." - Diamond David Lee Roth

"If I had anything to say, I'd be the f*cking singer." - Edward Van Halen

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

10.16.12 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default pictures

I know I am slow but here are some pics from the concert
    http://debandbill.shutterfly.com/act...fdcecc48b&pg=0

Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by debi456789
    I know I am slow but here are some pics from the concert
    http://debandbill.shutterfly.com/act...fdcecc48b&pg=0
    Great angle! Here I am...the big mofo with the red shirt and tan ball cap. Can you email me the hi-res picture of this?

JD, you gotta be in this pic too, eh?

Last edited by VH-is-Alive; 07.27.06 at 08:18 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Hey! I found myself, I'm in the front row just to left of Sammy wearing a black shirt, the dude I went with is beside me not wearing his shirt because he threw it on stage trying to get it signed. Great pics by the way.