Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default North Korea launches two missiles...

North Korea has test-launched a missile but not the long-range weapon that the U.S. has been monitoring, sources tell CNN.
    Last edited by voivod; 07.04.06 at 01:33 PM.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"sources told CNN" = We have no facts and just wanted to sensationalize something to fuck up your holiday.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

NORAD confirmed the story...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

07.21.08 @ 10:26 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FORD
    "sources told CNN" = We have no facts and just wanted to sensationalize something to fuck up your holiday.
    Well, I agree with you on the second part. Especially since one of the launches coincided almost to the minute with the launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery. This is just a stunt meant to draw our attention. North Korea tends to act up whenever Kim Jong Il feels like he is being ignored.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,202060,00.html
    "Now take off my Van Halen shirt before you jinx the band and they break up or something!" - Robbie Hart

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Their ICBM fizzed out on the launch pad...

That's right, North Korea whipped out their Dong but couldn't get it up.

In your face, Il.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.22.16 @ 01:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    Their ICBM fizzed out on the launch pad...

That's right, North Korea whipped out their Dong but couldn't get it up.

In your face, Il.
    ROFLMAO!!!!

I knew there had to be a "Dong" joke in there somewhere...
    "Everything comes to me while I'm sitting on the pot." - EVH

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

They fired up to 10 missiles today??
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being / SGMAD
    Last Online

07.29.15 @ 09:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i guess it was 6 ?? one lasted 43 seconds??
    Last edited by VH RightNow; 07.04.06 at 09:24 PM.
    Van Halen Is: Edward Van Halen, Alex Van Halen, Michael Anthony, Sammy Hagar, David Lee Roth, Gary Cherone

They will be back.....

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

China urge diplomacy as Japan pushes for DPRK sanctions
    (Xinhua)
    Updated: 2006-07-09 09:52

China and Russia on Friday called for diplomatic resolution regarding Pyongyang's missile launch crisis amid Japan's push for sanctions against the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).

China believes that instead of seeking sanctions against Pyongyang, the UN Security Council can best make a unanimous and firm response to DPRK's missile launch "through a presidential statement with strong messages", said Wang Guangya, Chinese Permanent Representative to the United Nations.

Besides such strong messages, the UN Security Council, as the most important world organization, should take actions responsibly by taking into account all possible negative consequences that they might lead to, said Wang.

"All actions taken by the Security Council, if we are going to take one, would be conducive to the diplomatic effort which is now underway," said the Chinese diplomat.

Earlier, Russia's UN ambassador Vitaly Churkin said Russia had "serious concerns" over DPRK's actions.

But he voiced Russia's opposition to sanctions, saying "in my mind we could consider the format of a presidential statement."

He urged all parties to be "clear-headed" and keep in mind the need for talks to achieve a diplomatic solution.

Japan presented a draft Security Council resolution on Friday that seeks sanctions against the DPRK.

The draft, co-sponsored by Britain, France and the United States, invokes Chapter 7 of the UN Charter, which authorizes sanctions or even military action.

The text of the draft said that "member states shall take those steps necessary to prevent missiles and missile-related items, materials, goods, technology being transferred, including through intermediaries, to end users in or supplying DPRK's missile and weapons of mass destruction programs."

Demanding that Pyongyang should "immediately cease the development, testing, deployment and proliferation of ballistic missiles and re-establish its preexisting commitments to moratorium on missile launching," it also calls on member states to "take those steps necessary to prevent the procurement of missiles or missile-related items, goods and technology from the DPRK."

Kenzo Oshima, Japanese Ambassador to the United Nations, said his delegation would ask for a vote on the draft on Saturday. But U.S. Ambassador John Bolton said that did not necessarily mean a vote would take place on Saturday.

Diplomats might hold off voting until next week to give more time to diplomatic efforts, observers here said.

Earlier on Thursday, the DPRK Foreign Ministry said in a statement that the latest missile launches were part of the routine military exercises staged by the DPRK army for upgrading the nation's military self-defense capacity.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

That was a very informative post. Unfortunately I think I'll need to re-read it on Monday. I read it and re-read it and still doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure it will on Monday tho.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by smithjc
    That was a very informative post. Unfortunately I think I'll need to re-read it on Monday. I read it and re-read it and still doesn't make sense to me.

I'm sure it will on Monday tho.
    hahaha, That may be due to it being a Chinese article...

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

Japan considers strike against N. Korea
    By MARI YAMAGUCHI,
    Associated Press Writer 34 minutes ago

Japan said Monday it was considering whether a pre-emptive strike on the North's missile bases would violate its constitution, signaling a hardening stance ahead of a possible U.N. Security Council vote on Tokyo's proposal for sanctions against the regime.

Japan was badly rattled by North Korea's missile tests last week and several government officials openly discussed whether the country ought to take steps to better defend itself, including setting up the legal framework to allow Tokyo to launch a pre-emptive strike against Northern missile sites.

"If we accept that there is no other option to prevent an attack ... there is the view that attacking the launch base of the guided missiles is within the constitutional right of self-defense. We need to deepen discussion," Chief Cabinet Secretary Shinzo Abe said.

Japan's constitution bars the use of military force in settling international disputes and prohibits Japan from maintaining a military for warfare. Tokyo has interpreted that to mean it can have armed troops to protect itself, allowing the existence of its 240,000-strong Self-Defense Forces.

A Defense Agency spokeswoman, however, said Japan has no attacking weapons such as ballistic missiles that could reach North Korea. Its forces only have ground-to-air missiles and ground-to-vessel missiles, she said on condition of anonymity because of official policy.

Despite resistance from China and Russia, Japan has pushed for a U.N. Security Council resolution that would nations from transferring missile-related items, materials goods and technology to North Korea. A vote was possible later Monday, but Japan said it would not insist on one.

"It's important for the international community to express a strong will in response to the North Korean missile launches," Abe said. "This resolution is an effective way of expressing that."

China and Russia, both nations with veto power on the council, have voiced opposition to the measure. Kyodo News agency reported Monday, citing unidentified Chinese diplomatic sources, that China may use its veto on the Security Council to block the resolution.

The United States, Britain and France have expressed support for the proposal, while Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso has said there is a possibility that Russia will abstain.

South Korea, not a council member, has not publicly taken a position on the resolution, but on Sunday Seoul rebuked Japan for its outspoken criticism of the tests.

"There is no reason to fuss over this from the break of dawn like Japan, but every reason to do the opposite," a statement from President Roh Moo-hyun's office said, suggesting that Tokyo was contributing to tensions on the Korean Peninsula.

Abe said Monday it was "regrettable" that South Korea had accused Japan of overreacting.

"There is no mistake that the missile launch ... is a threat to Japan and the region. It is only natural for Japan to take measures of risk management against such a threat," Abe said.

Meanwhile, a Chinese delegation including the country's top nuclear envoy — Vice Foreign Minister Wu Dawei — arrived Monday in North Korea, officially to attend celebrations marking the 45th anniversary of a friendship treaty between the North and China.

The U.S. is urging Beijing to push its communist ally back into six-party nuclear disarmament talks, but the Chinese government has not said whether Wu would bring up the negotiations. A ministry spokeswoman said last week that China was "making assiduous efforts" in pushing for the talks to resume.

Talks have been deadlocked since November because of a boycott by Pyongyang in protest of a crackdown by Washington on the regime's alleged money-laundering and other financial crimes.

Beijing has suggested an informal gathering of the six nations, which could allow the North to technically stand by its boycott, but at the same time meet with the other five parties — South Korea, China, the U.S., Japan and Russia. The U.S. has backed the idea and said Washington could meet with the North on the sidelines of such a meeting.

Still, U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill questioned just how influential Beijing was with the enigmatic regime.

"I must say the issue of China's influence on DPRK is one that concerns us," Hill told reporters in Tokyo. "China said to the DPRK, 'Don't fire those missiles,' but the DPRK fired them. So I think everybody, especially the Chinese, are a little bit worried about it."

The DPRK refers to the North's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

Hill is touring the region to coordinate strategy on North Korea. He has emphasized the need for countries involved to present a united front.

"We want to make it very clear that we all speak in one voice on this provocative action by the North Koreans to launch missiles in all shapes and sizes," Hill said. "We want to make it clear to North Korea that what it did was really unacceptable."

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    hahaha, That may be due to it being a Chinese article...

Oh okay. I thought it was from all the brewage that kinda spilled my way over the weekend.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

01.02.15 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Donor

I am soooooo glad I don't have the name "Wang" lol.
    \m/ Roll Tide \m/

Check out my MUSIC

"To not be heard is to not exist"