Register
    Favorite VH Album

Alright, I admit - All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

03.01.12 @ 05:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Canadian Senate Report states ...

This just came out today that the Canadian Senate is recommending that CBC should stop broadcasting pro sports, which means no more Hockey Night In Canada on Saturdays. Here's the link at cbc.ca:

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/nationa...ate-media.html

Any Canadian at VHlinks should email/write/phone their local MP and all of the Senators to stop this.

I can remember as far back as being a 4 year old, sitting on my dad's lap and watching HNIC each week. Watching the regular season and the playoffs on CBC is part of our culture. I have been watching hockey on the CBC for 33 years. If CBC stops showing hockey games then the Canadian government might as well dismantle the CBC all together. The highest ratings for CBC is when they show the Olympics, NHL and the playoffs.

No one will watch CBC for anything if there is no hockey. What are they going to replace sports with? From what I've seen on the Internet... more reality shows. That is bullshit!!

So I urge all Canadians here, in Canada and around the world, to pressure the Canadian government to never let this happen!!
    Homer: No one snuggles with Max Power. Just strap on and feel the Gs!

American Coast Guard: Back off Canadians we got them.
    Canadian Coast Guard: You back off hosers, they are in Canadian waters, eh.
    American Coast Guard: Beat it you puck smacking maple suckers!
    Canadian Coast Guard: Take a hike you Shatner stealing Mexico touchers!

Bart: Who the hell is this?
    Jack Bauer: I’m Jack Bauer, who the hell is this?
    Bart: Me, er… I’m Ahmed Adudi
    Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…
    Jack: … Really?
    Chloe (ironically): No Jack it’s a joke name, you’re being set up.
    Jack: DAMMIT!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here's a link to email the Senators:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/senmemb...asp?Language=E

Here's a link to email the Members of Parliament:

http://webinfo.parl.gc.ca/MembersOfP...ent&Language=E

Jack: Chloe, get me all you can on Ahmed Adudi… Does anyone there know Ahmed Adudi?
    Chloe O’Brien: Ahmed Adudi; wealthy Saudi financier… Disappeared into Afghanistan in the late 90s…

Favorite VH Song

"Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,345 Times in 922 Posts

Sounds as if your CBC is supposed to be like our PBS, which is all educational and special interest programming, publicly funding with frequent pledge drives (if you call now, you get a free totebag).

This is probably where ESPN needs to step in and create a ESPN-Canada - who carries CFL games, by the way? Somebody up there does need to take over "Hockey Night In Canada", though.

Eruption
    Last Online

09.23.13 @ 06:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's just like the politicians to try and kill anything we enjoy, making sure we're not allowed any fun at all. Suck all the life out of the people, make them drones. It pisses me off. Why do bureaucrats continually need to cut funding to programs that people enjoy? Why are the Arts always cut first?
    "Slash the budget, cut out the art programs! Cut out the music programs! Cut out drama classes!" Then you're left with a bunch of bored kids with nothing better to do but get into trouble. There is something fundamentally wrong with this picture. The arts help define our culture. Writers write about things American, or Canadian. Our artists depict these same things, as do out musicians. I just don't get it. Why do struggling companies cut their advertising budget first? Shouldn't you advertise more? And, who ends up becoming politicians? These same people who ran those companies. Oh, and lawyers. Damn them all!!!
    (I feel better now. My rant of the day.)
    As for the good old CBC. They should change it to the Leaf network, as all they have been doing is ram the freakin' maple laughs down our throats. The only people in Canada who care about the Leafs are Torontonians. The rest of us want our Habs, Senators, Flames, Oilers or Canucks. Explain to me why, during the entire decade of the 1980's, the Leafs were the joke of the league, yet, the CBC continued to give them airtime. Then, during the late 1990's, when the Habs went through tough times, the Habs were dropped like a hot potato. Their excuse being they weren't a good team, no one would watch. EXCUSE ME!?! We had to watch the Maple leafs in the 80's, why the double standard?
    The CBC is funded by Canadians, yet they don't listen to us, the people WHO PAY FOR IT!
    Now, they want to drop sports? Like LF wrote, it is a part of our culture. Why take it away? What are they going to show? French foreign films? They already show movies, American movies. (The only other thing I tend to watch is This hour has 22 minutes.) Some of their other programming is
    They could showcase the arts, Canadian performers of all kinds, known or unknown. There is so much more that could be done. It does need to be revamped, but not killed.
    I guess it's easier to cut everything and watch tradition go down the drain as we all go to hell in a hand basket.
    billy007, TSN picks up a ton of CFL games, The CBC carries the Labor Day Classic & the Playoffs. Sports has become pay per view, so the common man is going to be SOL if he can't afford to pay for it. What ever happened to the good old days when you could flip on ABC, watch a football game from New England, or flip it CBS & watch the Miami Dolphins? My point is, with pay per view, you pay strickly for your team. I love surfing & catching different games, looking for the interesting game rather then be stuck with the dog. Especially with Baseball. I realize that most of the major networks still carry a lot of sports, because there is interest there and big money too.
    What the hell is wrong with our government that they can't see it? Too busy linning their own pockets I guess.....
    (Sorry for the rant guys. I forgot my prozac this morning)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So far one Senator has responded to my e-mail and he will make sure the chair of the committee will get my concerns regarding the report! Once again I urge all Canadians to contact the Senators and MPs to make sure HNIC stays!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Almost all of them
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Senator Joan Fraser, chair of the committee for the CBC recommendations, responded to my email. Check out her response at my webpage cited in my signature, and my response to her e-mail. I'll be sending a response to her tonight.

Super Duper Frontman YankeeRose's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Why Can't This Be Love
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 05:55 PM
    Liked 197 Times in 123 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    Sounds as if your CBC is supposed to be like our PBS, which is all educational and special interest programming, publicly funding with frequent pledge drives (if you call now, you get a free totebag).

This is probably where ESPN needs to step in and create a ESPN-Canada - who carries CFL games, by the way? Somebody up there does need to take over "Hockey Night In Canada", though.
    CBC isn't like PBS really. It just has a lot of Canadian shows. A lot of them are comedy shows, and they show movies and sports.

There is already TSN (The Sports Network) and Espn Classic Canada here.

I don't believe they will ever get rid of hockey night in Canada on CBC, so I am not worried about it.
    Right Now you're reading my post!

I can't stand rap....people who can't sing do rap....you can sing rebellion as well as talk it....Hitler would have been in a rap band...

-- John Entwistle

2006 VHL Fantasy Hockey Champ!