Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Save
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Last Online

05.23.12 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning Rocks!
    Wrong. $am played only small venues on the MTM tour, and I remember reading a interview with him during that tour where he said that was all he ever wanted to play again, more intimate with the fans, etc. All that changed when he became the tequila rocker.
    Nice try...but those were not "small" venues...5000+ seat Theatres...just 2 different style of tours...an outside vs inside tour...same amount of people(minus the lawn). So if you would like clarification...he basically plays the same venues...depending on outside vs inside...Im sure you will find a new angle, but it still wont change facts...accept it!

...and I thought you said it was because of Mikey that he was playing bigger venues??? now its the tequila?? which is it?

how ever you like to spin it, justify it or deny it....he consistantly gets 5000 or so people where ever he goes! sorry to break the news!

Grif

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Not by himself...no way.
    without a band? maybe not

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 05:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grifhaln
    Nice try...but those were not "small" venues...5000+ seat Theatres...just 2 different style of tours...an outside vs inside tour...same amount of people(minus the lawn). So if you would like clarification...he basically plays the same venues...depending on outside vs inside...Im sure you will find a new angle, but it still wont change facts...accept it!

...and I thought you said it was because of Mikey that he was playing bigger venues??? now its the tequila?? which is it?

how ever you like to spin it, justify it or deny it....he consistantly gets 5000 or so people where ever he goes! sorry to break the news!

Grif
    They were not all 5000_ seat theatres. And everyone of those cities had large arenas for indoor shows...nice try. How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

05.12.18 @ 06:53 PM
    Liked 63 Times in 38 Posts

Donor

Oh boy.....another "piss on Sam" thread.

Let me just add this.....that wasn't Sam I saw screwing "Jump" straight up the ass on Leno the other week. At least he's doing the CVH songs on his current tour the way they should be done - plugged into the amps and in your face.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 286 Times in 146 Posts

How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?
    Birmingham was cancelled before the tickets even went on sale. The on sale date was announced it was put on ticketmaster then the show was cancelled. Nobody knows why.

Atlanta was probably because of low ticket sales as even Van Halen in 2004 didn't come close to selling out Phillips arena...even Bruce Springsteen's last two shows in Atlanta weren't sellouts. Metallica was in the smaller Gwinnette Center with Godsmack and didn't sell out. Unless you are U2 or the Stones, Atlanta is a bad town for attendance. Check out the Atlanta Braves attendance even during their best years.

Those are the only two dates that I have seen cancelled and I watched both of them closely as I was going to go to them and Nashville.

Seriously Fair Warning Rocks, who are you a fan of? What is your angle that you are trying to get across? We get that you like to bash on Sammy, but who do you like or are you just here to talk smack and make up your own stories about what you think is going on and post them as fact? Just curious as to who you are a fan of, and what your angle is. Did someone in Sammy's band or Sammy sleep with your wife? You seem bitter over anyone saying anything good about him.
    Last edited by RKVH5150; 06.26.06 at 05:07 PM.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

They were not all 5000_ seat theatres. And everyone of those cities had large arenas for indoor shows...nice try. How do you explain the cancelled dates in the South for this tour?
    Im guessing the reason you used the vague, "not all of them" comment....you will continue to "reach" for anything you can to pretend Sam doesnt have a major following! come on genius...most theatres(in this group) are just as big as any pavilion! so what the hell is the big difference...lawn suckers?!
    cancelled dates in the south! your kidding! Georgia and the Carolinas are usually huge supporters of rock bands! but I guess your right, he didnt draw 5000 people at the canceled shows!

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

02.29.12 @ 05:15 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Good crowd in Columbus this weekend - 9000.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 1,011 Times in 650 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Folks - this entire thread was originated to bash Sam. Why on Earth would anyone care if any show sells out unless it's to rub it in that it doesn't? A Sam fan wouldn't have asked that question - they'd have posted that shows have sold out, but certainly wouldn't have opened up an obvious shit stirring thread. The title of the thread gave it away to anyone who's been around here more than a day. Why is anyone suprised?
    Last edited by jrk5150; 06.27.06 at 06:20 AM.

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grifhaln
    The majority of the venues he plays at are the same ones that hes played at since '97...dont just make up things to make your "delusional" point!
    First off, my point was that Hagar couldn't continue to book and play the larger outdoor sheds such as Devore (which holds almost 50,000, yet Hagar reportedly sold barely 1/4th of the venue) based on his dwindling record sales and appeal without some sort of added incentive, in this case, adding Mchael Anthony and plugging the fact that he and Mike play a large selection of Van Halen tunes. Second, and pay close attention to this one, Sammy ain't coming close to selling out any of these large outdoor sheds. In fact, Sammy isn't even selling out many of the small indoor shows at clubs and theaters:

Venue: House of Blues
    City/State: New Orleans, La.
    Date: June 13, 2006
    Gross Sales: $36,750
    Attendance: 980
    Capacity: 1,000

Venue: Cricket Pavilion
    City/State: Phoenix, Ariz.
    Date: June 4, 2006
    Gross Sales: $95,436
    Attendance: 5,670
    Capacity: 19,969

BTW, what's with the Roth sniveling. I was unaware there was some sort of competition with some of you between Hagar and Roth. Whatever venues or numbers Roth plays to has no bearing on what I said.

Have a nice day!

T.B.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IED
    Folks - this entire thread was originated to bash Sam. Why on Earth would anyone care if any show sells out unless it's to rub it in that it doesn't? A Sam fan wouldn't have asked that question - they'd have posted that shows have sold out, but certainly wouldn't have opened up an obvious shit stirring thread. The title of the thread gave it away to anyone who's been around here more than a day. Why is anyone suprised?
    I think you're being a bit insecure regarding the subject matter. Like many other bands and artists I like, I'm personally curious how good they do on the road.

T.B.

Massachusetts by way of the Great State of New Jersey
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Changes with the day
    Last Online

09.18.19 @ 05:38 AM
    Liked 1,011 Times in 650 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Bullshit, go troll somewhere else.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 286 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso

BTW, what's with the Roth sniveling. I was unaware there was some sort of competition with some of you between Hagar and Roth. Whatever venues or numbers Roth plays to has no bearing on what I said.

It does if you are a die hard Roth trying to twist stats in your favor.

Because for the most part, the people who post things like this are Roth fans trying hard to get any dig in on Hagar. That's why on threads like this I try to ask questions back to the people making a big deal about it.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IED
    Bullshit, go troll somewhere else.
    Thanks for answering my question.

T.B.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso

Venue: House of Blues
    City/State: New Orleans, La.
    Date: June 13, 2006
    Gross Sales: $36,750
    Attendance: 980
    Capacity: 1,000

Venue: Cricket Pavilion
    City/State: Phoenix, Ariz.
    Date: June 4, 2006
    Gross Sales: $95,436
    Attendance: 5,670
    Capacity: 19,969

T.B.
    as I've said, Sam draws 5000-6000 everywhere he goes! and do you really consider 980/1000...not a "sell out"...gimme a break! you know damn well the public doesnt even have access to all tickets!
    keep twistin! its quite funny!

Grif

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 05:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Everywhere? Well we know that is not true in Atlanta and Birmingham, where they cancelled his shows. And it is not just $am, it is $am and Mike. And let us not forget, it is $10 tickets also. Take the Phoenix show....$95,000 gross sales, 5670 tickets...averages out to about $16 ticket. Cheap ticket prices and Mike on tour and he is still only filling 25% of the venue.