Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 286 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EVH FANATIC
    Make that two. I bought it as well. I thought it stunk and the last I knew ( quite awhile ago) it had sold about 15,000 copies.

More importantly at the moment, this thread is about Hagar dude.

I was using it as an example to show that it's not just Sammy. I know, I shouldn't have used DLR as a reference as it would start a war, my fault on that one.

Hell, even the last two Van Halen releases haven't done anywhere near what the band has done in the past. Album and ticket sales are down across the board, not just in our fractured family.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Outta Space
    Last Online

06.26.19 @ 07:31 PM
    Liked 892 Times in 477 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning Rocks!
    Grif..he is touring with Mike. And without Mike, that 6000 would be 1000. He is also selling tickets for $10.
    B.S. There are probably about 10 people there because Mikey is with him, if that many.
    Mike being there means that more of the Van Hagar catalog will be played. If someone wasn't going to go because they didn't like Sammy's solo stuff, they certainly aren't going to want to hear the VH stuff without Eddie and Alex.
    Last edited by Pacfanweb; 06.26.06 at 05:12 AM.
    I asked a ref if he could give me a technical foul for thinking bad things about him. He said, of course not. I said, well, I think you stink. And he gave me a technical. You can't trust em. -
    Jimmy V

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Does anyone have the official totals on the recent album sales or at least where to look?

Also, tickets are $10, $20 & $50. It's not like every seat in the venue are $10. Those are just lawn tickets.

Last Online

07.22.12 @ 05:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb
    B.S. There are probably about 10 people there because Mikey is with him, if that many.
    Mike being there means that more of the Van Hagar catalog will be played. If someone wasn't going to go because they didn't like Sammy's solo stuff, they certainly aren't going to want to hear the VH stuff without Eddie and Alex.
    10 people? OK Beavis. Sammy's solo career is basically over. He knew this in 2002 and recruited DLR for that tour to draw interest. In 2003 he was going to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but that tour was cancelled due to health problems for Gary Rossington. Now, 2006, he recruits Mike and calls it the Other Half, advertising that a set of VH material will be played. Smart marketing on $am's beahalf. The bottom line is his record sales have been downhill since MTM. His last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies. And I bet his new release $am I Am will not sell any better.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10 people? OK Beavis. Sammy's solo career is basically over. He knew this in 2002 and recruited DLR for that tour to draw interest. In 2003 he was going to open for Lynyrd Skynyrd, but that tour was cancelled due to health problems for Gary Rossington. Now, 2006, he recruits Mike and calls it the Other Half, advertising that a set of VH material will be played. Smart marketing on $am's beahalf. The bottom line is his record sales have been downhill since MTM. His last 2 albums sold 40,000 copies. And I bet his new release $am I Am will not sell any better.

Ok, you being the expert on all music careers, please tell me what is the purpose behind your "I hate Sammy, he sucks, his career is over posts"?

He drew around 7,000 in Nashville over the weekend. Drawing crowds in the thousands doesn't mean a career is over. I'm not sure what point you are trying to get at, or why you are even making that point other than you just like being an ass on an internet forum.

What do you like aside from Fair Warning?

Favorite VH Album

Live Right Here, Right now
    Favorite VH Song

Runaround
    Last Online

11.19.10 @ 12:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sammy's solo Career is over?

The reason that the Sam and Dave tour happend is because Sammy wanted to do a Van Halen tour with Sam and Dave for the fans. The bro's did not want that to happen so they went ahead and toured together. Sam wanted to play for the fans with Dave and he wouldn't do. Who really cares about their fans? Who do you really think needed that tour, Sam or Dave? Regarding record sales, there are not many older artist that make their money selling records any more, Sam is not the only one. Dave's "bluegrass" record is a joke.
    As for Sammy being over, he can still do 7-10k per show, larger in St. Louis and Detroit and have fun doing it. He is doing what he want's and has fun doing it while being cool to his fans.
    I go to both shows when they hit town and Sam and Dave both do good but different shows. Sammy play's with his fans, Dave plays to his fans.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

07.06.18 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 2,072 Times in 1,105 Posts

Donor

Still have yet to see any sources behind the attendance figures and the "His last 2 albums sold 40,000" claims. Not saying they aren't true, but those "facts" had to come from somewhere right?

BTW, speaking of facts and figures, according to the RIAA, Fair Warning sold only 2 million, the least selling VH studio album next to VH3.

Eruption
    Last Online

01.15.19 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts

Premium Member

And I bet his new release Sam I Am will not sell any better.
    Assuming you mean "Livin' It Up!"....
    That's because it's being released two weeks before the end of the tour. Had it been out at the beginning of the tour (and on sale at the shows), it would have done much better (IMO).

Last Online

11.22.07 @ 05:44 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pacfanweb
    That's rediculous. First off, it's no coincidence that Hagar with Van Halen sold millions of albums while Sammy alone has never come close to even the weakest selling VH/Sammy era album. It's because with Van Halen, Hagar put out far better material then he's ever done on his own. The public know it and record sales support that fact.

A major drawing point to Sammy's current tour is the fact that he is playing a significant number of Van Halen hits with Michael Anthony for the last 3rd of his set, far moreso then any of his previous solo tours. This fact is being singled out in advertising and it is unquestionably Hagar's biggest selling point for his current tour. In addition, most people here have noted in reviews of his shows that the Van Halen segment with Mike is easily the high point of the concert. You take away the large number of Van Halen tunes being played as well as Mike's advertised presence and no promoter would even book Sammy for the outdoor sheds, much less would Hagar be able to half-assed fill them.

Anyone who thinks Sammy is drawing the number of people he is on this tour and playing the larger venues based on his own catalog of tunes is delusional.

T.B.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso

Anyone who thinks Sammy is drawing the number of people he is on this tour and playing the larger venues based on his own catalog of tunes is delusional.

T.B.

Sammy pretty much has played the same venues every year or two since he left Van Halen in 1996. Yes, I agree had he not been in Van Halen his fan base would be smaller, but just because Mikey is on this tour isn't changing the fact that Sammy plays to the same crowd in almost every town every time he tours despite promoting or not promoting it with "The Other Half."

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

07.06.18 @ 02:32 PM
    Liked 2,072 Times in 1,105 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by RKVH5150
    Sammy pretty much has played the same venues every year or two since he left Van Halen in 1996. Yes, I agree had he not been in Van Halen his fan base would be smaller, but just because Mikey is on this tour isn't changing the fact that Sammy plays to the same crowd in almost every town every time he tours despite promoting or not promoting it with "The Other Half."
    Yup, in Chicago, since the VH breakup he has played the same outdoor venue in the summer and if not that one, he plays the Rosemont theatre that holds about 5,000.

Either way, it's a pretty good draw for solo Sammy IMO.

Last Online

05.23.12 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypso
    You take away the large number of Van Halen tunes being played as well as Mike's advertised presence and no promoter would even book Sammy for the outdoor sheds, much less would Hagar be able to half-assed fill them.

T.B.
    Do you realize how ridiculously stupid you sound making claims that have no element of truth behind them?? This is the kind of arguement I had when I was 10!...just basically saying "nobody likes you" because YOU dont like him!
    I have to assume you are just trying to piss people off...but I'll comment anyway!...
    The majority of the venues he plays at are the same ones that hes played at since '97...dont just make up things to make your "delusional" point! If you would like to see the truth(but Im assuming you would rather live in your own world)...look it up...its not that hard!...same venues...same cities...same number of people!..generally 4000-9000...with the average probably around 5,150 people. I have a pretty could sample size to back it up...I've been to 42 Sammy shows since '97...+5 VH shows! I have yet to see less than around 5000 at ANY show(only 2 exceptions... a promo/private show at the Cleveland Hard Rock and a bonus free show at club in Cleveland the night before the regularly scheduled show in Akron).
    Did the tour with Dave increase the size of the crowd?? of course it did....how many acts add a second band to a tour that wont bring in more people??!! but, come on!...who do you really think benefited the most?? Dave has NOT been able to pull in anymore than about a 1000 people for a VERY long time! not since they canceled the "Filthy Little Crap" tour! If you are going to debate this...show me PROOF!...and I dont want numbers from some 3 Day Fest that had a dozen other bands there!(like Dave told Howard in an interview before the Sam&Dave tour started..it went something like: Howard:"so what have you been doing the last 10 years, do you still play?" DLR: "Oh Yea! I just played in front of 100,000 people in (Cali)"....this was a several day event that had a ton of others bands there!!
    I DO go see Dave when he's close by...but other than the Sam tour...Ive only seen him at small bars(800 people or so) or at some rib cook off! The last show I saw may be my last(without Ed)..he played at a rib cook off last year in Clearwater...and at least half the people left by mid show!...I actually stayed because I felt bad!!..but I was very sad! I used to go because his band is so good...but I cant take it anymore!!!
    I like to have good debates...but please back them up with something other than "na ah"!

Grif

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 10:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I spoke to one guy at the Tampa show that owned a liquor store in the area. He said has sold 4,000 cases of Cabo Tequilla since he started to carry it several years ago. This earned him 10 pairs of on-stage tixs for the show. I don't know how well your career is going but I would hardly say that one store owner selling 4,000 cases of your teq over the last 5 or 6 years hardly means you're career is over. As long as Cabo Wabo sponsors the shows he will always be able to play the usual cities and venues at a reduced cost for you and me.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKVH5150
    Wrong. $am played only small venues on the MTM tour, and I remember reading a interview with him during that tour where he said that was all he ever wanted to play again, more intimate with the fans, etc. All that changed when he became the tequila rocker.

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo67
    As for Sammy being over, he can still do 7-10k per
    Not by himself...no way.