Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Default DLR's ratings for the last two months... Abysmal Failure

I am not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, and the mods and/or Brett can merge this where needed. The arbitron raiting book came out for Winter 2006, and it was stated today on OnA during their XM show, that DLR achieved an abysmal .8 rating share in March, and a 1.1 rating share for April. Placing Dave and WFNY (Free FM) 23rd overall in the market only above 4 AM radio stations, 1190AM - WLIB (Talk), 1050AM - WEPN (Sports), 1130AM WBBR (News), and 570AM - WMCA (Religion).

You can check this out also at to see for yourself where the average winter rating is published (I am guessing). Anyone who thought Dave was doing a good job on radio was completely delusional. This was a monumental failure.
    There is a website dedicated to NY radio which can be found:
    http://www.nyradioguide.com/ratings.htm

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, and the mods and/or Brett can merge this where needed. The arbitron raiting book came out for Winter 2006, and it was stated today on OnA during their XM show, that DLR achieved an abysmal .8 rating share in March, and a 1.1 rating share for April. Placing Dave and WFNY (Free FM) 23rd overall in the market only above 4 AM radio stations, 1190AM - WLIB (Talk), 1050AM - WEPN (Sports), 1130AM WBBR (News), and 570AM - WMCA (Religion).

You can check this out also at to see for yourself where the average winter rating is published (I am guessing). Anyone who thought Dave was doing a good job on radio was completely delusional. This was a monumental failure.
    There is a website dedicated to NY radio which can be found:
    http://www.nyradioguide.com/ratings.htm
    Uh, who are those people? The fact he was dumped after 4 months was a pretty crystal clear indication of how his show was doing. I think everybody knows the show tanked hard.

What's next, are you going to give us an update on sales figures from VHIII?

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:01 PM
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Menlow

What's next, are you going to give us an update on sales figures from VHIII?

The sky is blue. Water is wet. Pam Anderson has had boob jobs.

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen

Pam Anderson has had boob jobs.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!??!?!?!
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Favorite VH Song

Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

looks like he did as good as XM radio stock
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

No Roth
    No Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

The ratings sucked, but he was improving.

.8 March to 1.1 in April ...

Eruption
    Last Online

07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    The ratings sucked, but he was improving.

.8 March to 1.1 in April ...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I would be curious about February's numbers to see if there was an upward trend. I would venture to say CBS had every intention of getting OnA before Roth even stepped foot into the studio.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I would be curious about February's numbers to see if there was an upward trend. I would venture to say CBS had every intention of getting OnA before Roth even stepped foot into the studio.
    I would also like to see January's and February's books, maybe Neaderpaul (Are you still here bro?) can grab the books and check out the ratings. Eitherway, 1.1 if it is the highest rating he got, is still WAY below what any radio company would want for their flagship station and their AM drive timeslot.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone. They wanted to trump STERN with O&A, this had nothing to do with Roth. His ratings dick suck though, no question about it.
    Last edited by Rocket; 06.19.06 at 11:09 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone. They wanted to trump STERN with O&A, this had nothing to do with Roth. His ratings dick suck though, no question about it.
    I would disagree on this, the boys have always stated that this was a last minute deal. However getting back to the topic at hand, to see KROCK fall from a 4 share (or so, when howard was on) down to around 1 speaks volumes of how bad it was over there to the point where you could hear it on air. I wonder if the .8 share coincided with the the firing of his off air staff? I feel bad for the guy no doubt, especially going from the top of the world 20 years ago to what he is today.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone.
    No doubt. They needed Roth to take the hit after Stern. The perfect Fall Guy.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I would disagree on this, the boys have always stated that this was a last minute deal. However getting back to the topic at hand, to see KROCK fall from a 4 share (or so, when howard was on) down to around 1 speaks volumes of how bad it was over there to the point where you could hear it on air. I wonder if the .8 share coincided with the the firing of his off air staff? I feel bad for the guy no doubt, especially going from the top of the world 20 years ago to what he is today.
    Puhleese... No serious businessman takes a "last minute" multi-million dollar deal. That is absurd and just not how deals are struck. The logistics alone on the operations and cross-promotion take 2 months to iron out.

And I wouldn't feel too bad for a guy who has had more national press than Madonna over the last 6 months and will earn a few mill himself. Dave is a winner regardless of any slanted point of view. And will always be the guy who had TWO ALBUMS sell 10+ million units with Van Halen.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Puhleese... No serious businessman takes a "last minute" multi-million dollar deal. That is absurd and just not how deals are struck. The logistics alone on the operations and cross-promotion take 2 months to iron out.

And I wouldn't feel too bad for a guy who has had more national press than Madonna over the last 6 months and will earn a few mill himself. Dave is a winner regardless of any slanted point of view. And will always be the guy who had TWO ALBUMS sell 10+ million units with Van Halen.
    Well, that is what I have heard. I have no absolute proof, however I do trust their honesty. This deal came to fruition at the last minute. OnA were pushing for it, although CBS kept saying no is the gist of a FMQB article. Point being is that DLR failed as a jock. And as for more national press? As what a failure? I am sorry I would not want that publicity no matter what.

Dave is a winner in the sense he gets a big cash payout, but at what cost? It further tarnishes his reputation as a performer and entertainer. His reputation beforehand was not much better. And yes, he does have MANY multi-platinum albums, yet that was many many years ago. I would be much happier if either Dave went back to recording music and quietly put out some killer material or just retire.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:35 PM
    Liked 11,569 Times in 4,932 Posts

Bostonian, two guys who are 40+ years old are not "boys."
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dave's show was kind of cool....not for everyone....and the ratings show that.

While I am no fan of solo DLR, I take no joy in seeing his demise in radio. I thought he had a cool product to offer the public.....that lack of "alternative" talk radio will further the demise of radio as we know it. It takes all kinds and DLR offered up something that other can't offer.

BTW, are you dudes "radio guys". I've never seen people discuss ratings like this before......kind of nerdy.

For the record. Loved Stern. Heard the new show rules. Never heard O and A and have no reason to want to.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett