Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Good Enough Bostonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,842
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default DLR's ratings for the last two months... Abysmal Failure

    I am not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, and the mods and/or Brett can merge this where needed. The arbitron raiting book came out for Winter 2006, and it was stated today on OnA during their XM show, that DLR achieved an abysmal .8 rating share in March, and a 1.1 rating share for April. Placing Dave and WFNY (Free FM) 23rd overall in the market only above 4 AM radio stations, 1190AM - WLIB (Talk), 1050AM - WEPN (Sports), 1130AM WBBR (News), and 570AM - WMCA (Religion).

    You can check this out also at to see for yourself where the average winter rating is published (I am guessing). Anyone who thought Dave was doing a good job on radio was completely delusional. This was a monumental failure.
    There is a website dedicated to NY radio which can be found:
    http://www.nyradioguide.com/ratings.htm

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk Menlow's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.02.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    11,654
    Favorite VH Album

    VH II
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

    06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Likes
    5
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I am not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere, and the mods and/or Brett can merge this where needed. The arbitron raiting book came out for Winter 2006, and it was stated today on OnA during their XM show, that DLR achieved an abysmal .8 rating share in March, and a 1.1 rating share for April. Placing Dave and WFNY (Free FM) 23rd overall in the market only above 4 AM radio stations, 1190AM - WLIB (Talk), 1050AM - WEPN (Sports), 1130AM WBBR (News), and 570AM - WMCA (Religion).

    You can check this out also at to see for yourself where the average winter rating is published (I am guessing). Anyone who thought Dave was doing a good job on radio was completely delusional. This was a monumental failure.
    There is a website dedicated to NY radio which can be found:
    http://www.nyradioguide.com/ratings.htm
    Uh, who are those people? The fact he was dumped after 4 months was a pretty crystal clear indication of how his show was doing. I think everybody knows the show tanked hard.

    What's next, are you going to give us an update on sales figures from VHIII?

  3. #3
    Atomic Punk Van Squalen's Avatar
    Join Date
    12.21.03
    Posts
    22,213
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 04:01 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1,611 Times in 992 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Menlow

    What's next, are you going to give us an update on sales figures from VHIII?


    The sky is blue. Water is wet. Pam Anderson has had boob jobs.

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    05.23.00
    Location
    ..this desperate part of town.
    Posts
    2,306
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Likes
    562
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen


    Pam Anderson has had boob jobs.

    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!??!?!?!
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

  5. #5
    Good Enough weesfreewheelin's Avatar
    Join Date
    08.08.02
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,060
    Favorite VH Song

    Ain\'t talkin bout love
    Last Online

    07.19.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 30 Times in 12 Posts

    Default

    looks like he did as good as XM radio stock
    Know Roth
    Know Van Halen

    No Roth
    No Van Halen

  6. #6
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,727
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    The ratings sucked, but he was improving.

    .8 March to 1.1 in April ...

  7. #7
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,340
    Last Online

    07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    The ratings sucked, but he was improving.

    .8 March to 1.1 in April ...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I would be curious about February's numbers to see if there was an upward trend. I would venture to say CBS had every intention of getting OnA before Roth even stepped foot into the studio.

  8. #8
    Good Enough Bostonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,842
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I would be curious about February's numbers to see if there was an upward trend. I would venture to say CBS had every intention of getting OnA before Roth even stepped foot into the studio.
    I would also like to see January's and February's books, maybe Neaderpaul (Are you still here bro?) can grab the books and check out the ratings. Eitherway, 1.1 if it is the highest rating he got, is still WAY below what any radio company would want for their flagship station and their AM drive timeslot.

  9. #9
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,727
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone. They wanted to trump STERN with O&A, this had nothing to do with Roth. His ratings dick suck though, no question about it.
    Last edited by Rocket; 06.19.06 at 11:09 AM.

  10. #10
    Good Enough Bostonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,842
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone. They wanted to trump STERN with O&A, this had nothing to do with Roth. His ratings dick suck though, no question about it.
    I would disagree on this, the boys have always stated that this was a last minute deal. However getting back to the topic at hand, to see KROCK fall from a 4 share (or so, when howard was on) down to around 1 speaks volumes of how bad it was over there to the point where you could hear it on air. I wonder if the .8 share coincided with the the firing of his off air staff? I feel bad for the guy no doubt, especially going from the top of the world 20 years ago to what he is today.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    11.12.03
    Posts
    17,322
    Favorite VH Album

    1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

    1978-1996
    Last Online

    12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Likes
    4,364
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You can't do a contract with O&A without it taking months just in legal alone even after actual dollar figures are agreed upon. It's hard to buy a house within 90 days... Clearly they started the process before Roth even started his first day. Had Roth been at a 3 or 4 rating he would still be gone.
    No doubt. They needed Roth to take the hit after Stern. The perfect Fall Guy.

  12. #12
    Good Enough Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Age
    49
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,727
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

    12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonian
    I would disagree on this, the boys have always stated that this was a last minute deal. However getting back to the topic at hand, to see KROCK fall from a 4 share (or so, when howard was on) down to around 1 speaks volumes of how bad it was over there to the point where you could hear it on air. I wonder if the .8 share coincided with the the firing of his off air staff? I feel bad for the guy no doubt, especially going from the top of the world 20 years ago to what he is today.
    Puhleese... No serious businessman takes a "last minute" multi-million dollar deal. That is absurd and just not how deals are struck. The logistics alone on the operations and cross-promotion take 2 months to iron out.

    And I wouldn't feel too bad for a guy who has had more national press than Madonna over the last 6 months and will earn a few mill himself. Dave is a winner regardless of any slanted point of view. And will always be the guy who had TWO ALBUMS sell 10+ million units with Van Halen.

  13. #13
    Good Enough Bostonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.11.00
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,842
    Favorite VH Album

    Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    Puhleese... No serious businessman takes a "last minute" multi-million dollar deal. That is absurd and just not how deals are struck. The logistics alone on the operations and cross-promotion take 2 months to iron out.

    And I wouldn't feel too bad for a guy who has had more national press than Madonna over the last 6 months and will earn a few mill himself. Dave is a winner regardless of any slanted point of view. And will always be the guy who had TWO ALBUMS sell 10+ million units with Van Halen.
    Well, that is what I have heard. I have no absolute proof, however I do trust their honesty. This deal came to fruition at the last minute. OnA were pushing for it, although CBS kept saying no is the gist of a FMQB article. Point being is that DLR failed as a jock. And as for more national press? As what a failure? I am sorry I would not want that publicity no matter what.

    Dave is a winner in the sense he gets a big cash payout, but at what cost? It further tarnishes his reputation as a performer and entertainer. His reputation beforehand was not much better. And yes, he does have MANY multi-platinum albums, yet that was many many years ago. I would be much happier if either Dave went back to recording music and quietly put out some killer material or just retire.

  14. #14
    Emperor of VHLinks.com Brett's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.02.99
    Age
    46
    Location
    Somewhere Near LA
    Posts
    68,715
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 06:35 PM
    Likes
    1,264
    Liked 11,569 Times in 4,932 Posts

    Default

    Bostonian, two guys who are 40+ years old are not "boys."
    Webmaster
    VHLinks.com - Your Van Halen Internet Resource Guide
    http://www.vhlinks.com

    JamToThis.com
    Audio/Video Trading Community
    Tons of Van Halen!

  15. #15
    Sinner's Swing! jimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.06.99
    Age
    45
    Location
    Dusty Mexican Border Lounge
    Posts
    3,619
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

    04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Dave's show was kind of cool....not for everyone....and the ratings show that.

    While I am no fan of solo DLR, I take no joy in seeing his demise in radio. I thought he had a cool product to offer the public.....that lack of "alternative" talk radio will further the demise of radio as we know it. It takes all kinds and DLR offered up something that other can't offer.

    BTW, are you dudes "radio guys". I've never seen people discuss ratings like this before......kind of nerdy.

    For the record. Loved Stern. Heard the new show rules. Never heard O and A and have no reason to want to.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. David Lee Roth Ratings - Bottoms Up!
    By gonzo67 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03.01.06, 01:03 PM
  2. failure....
    By voivod in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09.17.05, 05:30 PM
  3. Album Ratings in Japan
    By Haaseracer in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07.01.02, 01:14 AM
  4. John Phillips dies of heart failure.......
    By ANGEL4U in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03.21.01, 07:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •