Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Microchips in humans inevitable

Microchips in humans inevitable: Alberta
    Vancouver Star.Com ^ | Published: Saturday, June 10, 2006 | Jodie Sinnema, CanWest News Service; Edmonton Journal

EDMONTON -- Imagine a world where you're taken unconscious and with no identification to a hospital. The doctor scans the microchip implanted in your shoulder, downloads your medical identification number and links up with a secure network that says you're a diabetic and allergic to Tylenol.

Sounds ideal.

In a world where more than 230 physicians in the United States have bought microchips for implantation in patients, and where a club owner in Spain offers to implant VIP chips into posh people so they don't need to carry credit cards or identification, the ethics of human microchip technology needs to be debated in Canada, says a University of Ottawa professor.

"This is all happening relatively quickly," said Ian Kerr, an expert in ethics, law and technology who spoke Friday at the Access and Privacy Conference in Edmonton. "I don't think we're that far off."

Canada hasn't given its approval to microchips that can be implanted into humans for medical purposes. But since 2004, people in the U.S. can have $100 to $200 radio frequency microchips inserted under their skin. The rice-sized implant releases a patient-specific code when it is scanned. With that code, an authorized health-care professional can then link up to a network to find information on the patient's medications or prior treatments, similar to what might be available on Alberta's electronic health record system.

In the U.S., 97 health-care facilities and 230 physicians have jumped aboard. Harvard Medical School's chief information officer had one implanted in his body. Mexico's attorney general did the same thing so that he could access secure areas in his office.

For Alzheimer's patients who get lost, the technology could be particularly useful. Kerr said putting such a chip on equipment in a hospital say, a rare mobile cardiac machine also could help doctors find the machines quickly in an emergency.

But already, people have been able to clone the chips. While that doesn't give them complete medical information, issues of privacy and security must be raised, Kerr said.

VeriChip, the company that makes the technology, has opened offices in Vancouver and Ottawa.

Wal-Mart is looking into similar technology to track inventory and microchips are already used in pets.

A school near Sacramento, Calif., outraged parents when administrators made students wear identification badges outfitted with microchips. When the students walked through doors equipped with chip readers, teachers could monitor the students' whereabouts through their palm pilots.

"It can be in a knapsack, embedded in somebody's shoe or implanted in your shoulder," Kerr said. "It's hard to know what's around the corners with these kinds of things E Let's think a little bit about the implications before they happen because sometimes you can't put the genie back in the bottle."

Kerr said it's hard to know if Canada would approve the chips for human implantation.

Frank Work, Alberta's privacy commissioner, said he thinks it's inevitable.

"Worried or scared, you know that if there is an advantage to it, either economic or medical, someone is going to perfect it," Work said. "Someone is going to bring it to a point where it can be used in the near future.

"We'll do it in a well-intentioned way, wanting to look after people. But like with anything, as soon as you bring in the well-intentioned application, someone will figure out the evil application."

jsinnemathejournal.canwest.com

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

No thanks...

I will never get a chip implanted on me...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

Somebody Get Me A Doctor
    Last Online

08.27.17 @ 09:39 AM
    Liked 185 Times in 105 Posts

666 is, like sooo last week FORD!
    Just go for it!

Casting Shade
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Light Up The Sky
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 05:05 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fast98dodge
    No thanks...

I will never get a chip implanted on me...
    I'd imagine that there will come a time, maybe not in your lifetime, where it will not be optional.
    "Rehab is for Quitters"

"It is not possible to have life after death since death is the end of life." -OV

"What doesn’t kill you, will only make you pissed off!"
    -Alexi Laiho

"If I know I'm going crazy...I must not be insane." -Dave Mustaine

"Simpson, QUICK! Honk at that broad." -Mayor Quimby

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Push Come to Shove/Black n Blu
    Last Online

03.17.09 @ 12:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

"I'd imagine that there will come a time, maybe not in your lifetime, where it will not be optional."

Then I will be an outlaw, living in a cave, or woods, eating grass if I have to. WITHOUT a microchip.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

my dog has a chip with his birthdate, medical info, AND GPS tracking, so if he gets lost or stolen, i can call a number and have him tracked.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Pets, OK, people, no fucking way. Just WRONG on SO many levels...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

What if it's a chip with medical applications?

What if it's part of naotech design that is designed for Diabetics or people ith HIV?

EMTs, police and other medical personel would need to know that stuff is inside of you, especially if you're in an accident where you're unconcious.

I don't think they should put ID chips in regular people, but what about folks on parole? I think pedaphiles should have some kind of biometric sensor in them that would set off alarms in schools, school busses and police cars.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 01:20 PM
    Liked 462 Times in 214 Posts

Ya know, I'm not one of those people/conspiracy theorists who are super paranoid about big brother. And I've given the gov't a lot of latitude to fight crime and the war on terror, but implanted chips would be over the line for me. If you want one, more power to ya.

I personally would like it if it knew me when I approached my car and opened the door and started only for me. And when I approach my house it senses me and unlocks and opens the front door only for me. And other stuff like that.
    Last edited by NoBrownM&M's; 06.14.06 at 11:52 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Megadon

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    What if it's a chip with medical applications?

What if it's part of naotech design that is designed for Diabetics or people ith HIV?

EMTs, police and other medical personel would need to know that stuff is inside of you, especially if you're in an accident where you're unconcious.

I don't think they should put ID chips in regular people, but what about folks on parole? I think pedaphiles should have some kind of biometric sensor in them that would set off alarms in schools, school busses and police cars.

It would also do away with cash; paper money, so drug dealers, prostitutes, organized crime, etc would leave a 'transaction trail' whereby it would be easier to prosecute. Eventually all people using cash illegally would be in prison, and it would be a safer planet. If you don't get the chip, you can't work, buy, sell, etc. Solves everything, and with it you get a handy government health insurance policy. New weapons could be developed to use the chip to 'nuetralize' people who are escaping, or running from the new world order police. With a click of a mouse, the police could bring these criminals to their knees via the implanted chip that would paralize them.

I can see a global application for the chip, the database, the elimination of cash, the allegience to a central global government and the formation of a peaceful society.

... "The massive grey walls of the Temples rise from the heart of every Federation city. I have always been awed by them, to think that every single facet of every life is regulated and directed from within! Our books, our music, our work and play are all looked after by the benevolent wisdom of the priests..."

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

we already HAVE tracking devices that dont need to be implanted, yet they go EVERYWHERE with us. look at your cell phone. most are outfitted with GPS, so if big brother wanted to, he can watch ya.
    Last edited by sisca; 06.14.06 at 01:44 PM.
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by FORD
    Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. And he performed great and miraculous signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to earth in full view of men. Because of the signs he was given power to do on behalf of the first beast, he deceived the inhabitants of the earth. He ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. He was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that it could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead, so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name. This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.
    That is a lot of why I would never get one...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveWalkinIn
    I'd imagine that there will come a time, maybe not in your lifetime, where it will not be optional.
    I'd be put to death or under heavy sedation to ever receive one... I have a huge moral problem with this whole concept...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Sign me up. Give me the knowledge of the world, not at my fingertips but implanted in my head. Killer diller.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Inevitable? Maybe.

Weird and strange? Definitely.

Count me out.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen