Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Houston show

  1. #1
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,340
    Last Online

    07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Houston show

    Let us know how it goes. I had complimentary tix, but once I found out it was at 3 pm decided not to go. No way would we survive 100 degrees with humidity on the lawn for 3-4 hours with no umbrella. We'd a been water poor $$$$.

  2. #2
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.17.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,512
    Favorite VH Album

    FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Likes
    250
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    Let us know how it goes. I had complimentary tix, but once I found out it was at 3 pm decided not to go. No way would we survive 100 degrees with humidity on the lawn for 3-4 hours with no umbrella. We'd a been water poor $$$$.
    show doesnt start till 8 there buddy.

    But I will be there.

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,340
    Last Online

    07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735224

    The site must be wrong then. At any rate enjoy it.

  4. #4
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    12.17.03
    Age
    32
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Posts
    2,512
    Favorite VH Album

    FW, 5150, F.U.C.K.
    Last Online

    12.17.17 @ 06:31 AM
    Likes
    250
    Liked 135 Times in 99 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Limecuda
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/735224

    The site must be wrong then. At any rate enjoy it.
    yeah the whole festivities and stuff that he brings starts at 3. He goes on stage at 8.

    check it here
    http://pavilion.woodlandscenter.org/events.asp

  5. #5
    Good Enough Phatie's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.25.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    took the 5:15 to Kalamazoo
    Posts
    2,398
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

    09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    3pm the wabo-village opens, with street vendors, a cover band, some classic cars, a bikini contest, wabo girls mingling with the people drinking under the tents, portable air conditioners, oh, and if you look for the I love all access booth, ask for a ticket. They were selling them for $200, on stage.

    The gates to the stadium opened at 6:30pm and everyone migrated to their seats, with lots of beer venders along the path.

  6. #6
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.01.03
    Location
    Pasadena, TX
    Posts
    2,737
    Last Online

    12.12.16 @ 10:22 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    I attended the show last night in Houston...........
    1. Sammy & The Wabos put on a good show doing old Sammy solo and Montrose.
    2. Mikey was definitely the spark plug of the concert, his bass solo and lead vocals on "Runnin' w/ the Devil" was defintely the greatest highlight of the evening.
    3. No disrespect but Mikey and Sam shouldn't be doing VH tunes with David (drums) and Vic (guitar). David and Vic just don't cut it. Very average musicians at best. The Halen songs that was played last night left much more to be desired on the drums & guitar side.

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk Lodewijk's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.15.03
    Age
    47
    Location
    Spring, TX.
    Posts
    13,543
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    She's The Woman, Mean Street
    Last Online

    05.21.17 @ 06:59 AM
    Likes
    6
    Liked 44 Times in 20 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_5150
    I attended the show last night in Houston...........
    1. Sammy & The Wabos put on a good show doing old Sammy solo and Montrose.
    2. Mikey was definitely the spark plug of the concert, his bass solo and lead vocals on "Runnin' w/ the Devil" was defintely the greatest highlight of the evening.
    3. No disrespect but Mikey and Sam shouldn't be doing VH tunes with David (drums) and Vic (guitar). David and Vic just don't cut it. Very average musicians at best. The Halen songs that was played last night left much more to be desired on the drums & guitar side.
    So you're saying that half of the other half weren't good ? These fractions are just screwing with me !
    Lode's Facebook
    @Lode13 on Twitter

  8. #8
    Top Of The World van_5150_halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.29.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    163
    Last Online

    05.04.10 @ 09:01 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    I had a great time and thought all the music rocked. Both Waboritas and the Other Half put on a hell of a show. It was no Eddie Van Halen, but Vic is damn good in his own right.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Whitney Houston
    By Executionor in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 03.24.12, 11:38 AM
  2. Pic from Houston show!
    By DLR'sCock in forum "Song For Song" Tour 2002
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06.27.02, 11:38 PM
  3. Houston, TX!
    By Doucet in forum "Song For Song" Tour 2002
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05.05.02, 05:12 PM
  4. Houston Area Fans.......
    By houseofpain in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03.12.01, 12:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •