Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

03.20.07 @ 11:01 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Does anyone have anything signed by bandmembers, and if so where and how did you get it??

I went to a Sammy show, and got the cover of the concert program signed by him (I was in the second row), which was really cool. I also just purchased the 5150 album autographed by the band in '95, from Ebay. I did the research, and contacted the seller to make sure it was legit first. Here's the link if anyone wants to take a look at it: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1400600125

This actually isn't the auction, but the picture is on the bottom.

Anyone else have anything the would like to share?

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just looked on Ebay for other signed things by VH, and I found the 5150 album signed by the band....with DAVE!!! That has to be a joke, that's so ridiculous. NO WAY would DLR sign a 5150 album. The seller must be an idiot, thinking he could bogus something like that!

Unchained
    Last Online

01.28.16 @ 12:53 PM
    Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Hey, who did you pick the 5150 album from, what was his username? I correspond with quite a few of the guys who collect in person and sell on ebay and was just wondering. I've met Sammy and Dave, but not the rest of the band, so I have VH1, Women and Children First, Diver Down, 1984 and 5150 that I need Ed, Al and Mike on. Met Sammy at an airport, and Dave at a hotel. Let me know if you don't care what that guys username is.
    A few that I know are always good are:
    rlward1313
    jordie97
    zakkcar
    bpautographs
    auctioner10
    iconographs
    There are numerous other dealers who I'm sure sell authentic in person autographs, these are just the ones that I check seller lists on regularly. Feel free to send me a private message with any questions. I've been collecting in-person graphs for over 20 years, so I know a thing or two myself and am always glad to help another fan if I have any info to share. Most of the old-school rockers are cool about signing, and don't mind shooting the bull for a while.
    John 3:16, Can You Dig It?

People, the 6 wings of the Mighty Van Halen will fly again! Can You Dig It?

You gotta give more than you take! Can You Dig it?

And underneath the arch, it turned into a march,
    and there He found a spark to set this fucker off!
    Set it off, set it off now children,set if off!

We are down the road! I Can Dig It! Can You?

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

In 1995 I sent a letter to the band asking them for an autograph and they sent me two signed promo pictures. Here are the pics:

http://danspics5150.homestead.com/files/autograph1.jpg

http://danspics5150.homestead.com/files/autograph2.jpg
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

All
    Favorite VH Song

Many
    Last Online

05.12.06 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool pics [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I am awesome

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

BALANCE
    Favorite VH Song

AFTERSHOCK
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Warhead: The 5150 album that I'm getting is from Rlward1313. I emailed him, and he was very courteous, and sent a long explanation of how he got it. I did a little research before he sent the email to me, checking where the band was, etc., and it convinced me he was legit. Plus, he had really good ebay feedback. I'm really excited about getting this, it looks really cool (check the link on my first post.) Thanks for the list of recommended sellers also, I plan on collecting more items (now that I have a job!!).

Dan: NICE pics! Where did you send your letter to? I wonder if the band would still send out. autographed promos like that?

Autographs rule! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bounce.gif[/img]

Baluchitherium
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

09.15.15 @ 07:40 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

those are cool pics dan! ed looks weird with a beard like that though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

02.13.15 @ 07:56 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 1 Post

Donor

To each his own, but I've never had any interest in any autographed item unless I wasn't present for the signing.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

RLWard1313, Ron, is one of the best in the hobby. He has almost every band come through his area, so he gets to meet most all the different bands that people would like. Some people look down on those of us who get a few extra autographs to sell, but it helps pay for our gas and tickets to the show, hotel if we stay overnight and albums, photos, guitars, etc. that we get signed. I decide which one or 2 things I want to keep and sell the rest. It is a cost effective hobby for me. I explain to the band members why I get extra autographs and most are cool about it. In the end it gets real autographs into the hands of a fan like yourself that might not have the extra time to drive around and spend a day or two waiting and searching for buses. We recently made a trip to KC for autographs, and there were 4 different concerts that night. My main person I wanted to meet was John Paul Jones fo Led Zeppelin. U2, Garbage, Linkin Park, and Slayer were the shows that night. There were tour buses all over KC, at what seemed like every hotel. Just trying to show that it's not as easy as just sitting there and waiting everytime. Never saw anyone from U2 at the hotel we thought they were at, but did meet John Paul Jones at the venue he was playing before the show. He was totally cool and a pleasure to meet. He joked around with the 5 of us there waiting even with it so freakin' cold. If the 5150 album you got from Ron is one that he mattes and frames, you are in for a real treat. I'll try to take a picture of my AC/DC signed guitar signed by the whole band, and it also has Angus's little devil self-charicature sketch, too cool! On my all-star guitar signed so far by Robby Krieger, Jerry Cantrell and Slash, Slash did a cool sketch on it too! I dig meeting and talking to the guys more than anything, but getting some autographs and a photo op, are always cool to show your friends while you're telling stories.

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Double post meltdown! Frickafrackafuzzabizafrazza!

That is the best Flintstone I can do!

[ December 30, 2001 at 09:00 PM: Message edited by: WARHEAD ]</p>

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

09.28.16 @ 03:15 AM
    Liked 131 Times in 82 Posts

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strungout:
    Does anyone have anything signed by bandmembers, and if so where and how did you get it??<hr></blockquote>

I have a signed copy of VAN HALEN III (Limited Edition Tin)that the band signed in front of me at an instore in Sydney. I'd love to get something signed by Dave and Sammy at some stage, but only if they sign it in front of me.
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.20.16 @ 01:59 PM
    Liked 112 Times in 74 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have a 8x10 signed promo, the picture is bk&wh and its from the 5150 era. Its the pic of them in their straight jackets. When I was 18 I wrote and told them my sad story about being in front row and then having to leave right before they came on stage!! They sent me some cool stuff though.

strungout...I love that signed album you're getting. That looks so cool!
    GO PENS!!

"Have fun in Canada, Boomhauer. Don't you dare come back a hockey fan.​" - Hank Hill

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Album

Carnal Knowledge
    Last Online

03.30.13 @ 08:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've got a number of Ed's and sammy's picks, cd's signed by Ed, pictures signed by Ed and the band, Gary, sammy, and roth, pics just signed by Roth, and shit you won't probably believe, but I've got one of Ed's gold lighters, a T shirt he wore, one of his old belts almost torn in half, a red marlborough hat of his, a yellow bandana and bracelets from Roth,
    the little pink stuffed rabbit that was tied to Alex's drum kit in the early days, and a bunch of other shit packed away, like alex's broken drumsticks. My favorite is the gold lighter and the rabbit.
    A friend of mine has albums full of Ed's picks.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later, Atomic Pu
    Last Online

05.27.16 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Glenn:
    To each his own, but I've never had any interest in any autographed item unless I wasn't present for the signing.<hr></blockquote>

I'm pretty much the same way. For one thing, you absolutely know it's legit that way for one thing. Anybody that believes in COA's is most likely getting taken for a ride anyway - sad, but true. There's been numerous articles on how they guarantee absolutley nothing.

Besides, it's much more pleasing and memorable if you get it signed in person. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 01:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by strungout:
    Dan: NICE pics! Where did you send your letter to? I wonder if the band would still send out. autographed promos like that?<hr></blockquote>

I sent a letter to Ed's home address and it was probably forwarded to VH's management. I found the address in a book that had celebrity addresses--not for stalking, but to send fan letters.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman