Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

12.31.69 @ 04:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Todays Akron Beacon Journal(a Knight Ridder newspaper wire article) is reporting Michael Anthony will indeed be joining Sammy Hagar in Cleveland. Hagar went on to mention that the brothers are "freaked out" about the whole thing.
    Hopefully, they realize if you cant beat um join em. If I can ever find a link to this I will post it.

My first post!

Things are looking better by the minute! If, only the brothers could realize when you cant beat um join em!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Last Online

09.30.16 @ 03:13 AM
    Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Here it is for thoose lazy people

Posted on Thu, May. 23, 2002

Non-pals pledge a really good show
    From Beacon Journal wire services

Sammy Hagar is full of news. He's about to embark on a tour with the other famous, ex-Van Halen singer, David Lee Roth.

Joining Hagar on stage during the tour, which opens Wednesday at Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls, will be Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony.

``I've heard they're extremely freaked out'' about the whole Hagar/Roth/Anthony,'' thing, Hagar said of Van Halen.

``Mikey says he hasn't even heard from them. But someone who works for them called Mike and said if he's caught dead out there with Sam and Dave, he's had it. They don't want him out there with us. Obviously, they're very upset about it, but Mike'll work it out. He's fine.''

Anthony's addition adds even more drama to the Hagar/Roth tour. The tour, called ``The Heavyweight Champs of Rock 'N' Roll,' will mark the first time a single stage is occupied by the two former lead singers for Van Halen.

So fans will theoretically get to hear Roth sing Hot for Teacher and see Hagar perform Why Can't This Be Love?

For those who wonder how the two got together and decided to embark on a 50-60 city U.S. tour, Roth is happy to reveal he instigated it.

``I was walking around my back yard, trying to think of an unpredictable way to hit the road, to put out my video,'' he said. Co-headlining on a tour with his one-time adversary ``is one of those things that, once you hear about it, it's as obvious as the wheel.... But of course! No corners!''

Roth and Hagar have bad-mouthed each other for years. They continue to stage a sort of pre-boxing-match quarrel in interviews.

Hagar said Roth is an egotist, among other things.

``Aw,'' said Roth, ``most acrimony in rock 'n' roll is nothing but some mean words, a slap fight followed by tears, an elaborate healing and a reunion show with a memento shirt.''

He reports that he and Hagar -- ``two superpowers, I mean, between us we have a hundred million record sales here'' -- will trade off opening and closing positions on the bill.

Plus, ``The difference in what we do in terms of stagecraft is brilliant. Sam has 40 people onstage performing as if he's in a club, with effects and cannons. I'm taking the Brazilian jujitsu approach, which is, I don't use anything. I've got a three-piece band, flat floor, eight moves, rule world.''

``Roth throws a pretty good party himself,'' Hagar said. ``Mine is a down-to-earth, tequila-swiggin' rock and roll party.

``Dave throws a party and entertains himself. Dave's got his ego a little more attached to the party. In other words, it's all about him. But it is a party.''

Hagar said Roth will be challenged on nights that he goes second.

``I don't see anyone being able to follow me. I've been doing this too long. I know what I'm doin', man. He better be damn good.

``But that's the good part about the thing. I think we'll both be at the top of the game. So, therefore, the fans win, and that's what it's all about.''

Roth said they will play mostly Van Halen songs. ``We'll bang that catalogue like a new drum on Christmas,'' he said.

And are he and Hagar -- who met face-to-face for the first time in March -- getting along well?

``Oh, I don't hang with him. My life, my lifestyle and my record collection are wildly different from Sam's.''

Asked if the two singers can tolerate each other long enough to add a fall tour, Hagar said: ``Ah, I don't think so. I think we've got to stay away from each other as much as possible. I really do. I mean, being around the guy for a couple of hours, he's entertaining, but I could see it could grate on you after a while.''

Unchained
    Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

Everybody Wants Some!
    Last Online

06.09.16 @ 10:34 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by JagerMon:
    Todays Akron Beacon Journal(a Knight Ridder newspaper wire article) is reporting Michael Anthony will indeed be joining Sammy Hagar in Cleveland. Hagar went on to mention that the brothers are "freaked out" about the whole thing.
    Hopefully, they realize if you cant beat um join em. If I can ever find a link to this I will post it.

My first post!
    JagerMon, Thanks for the story, and welcome to VHForums.

"But someone who works for them called Mike and said if he's caught dead out there with Sam and Dave, he's had it. They don't want him out there with us."

This quote pretty much matches what I heard at Mike's Cinco de Mayo party (note: I did NOT hear it from Mike).

Things are looking better by the minute! If, only the brothers could realize when you cant beat um join em!
    I hope that is the case by the time the tour gets to the (L.A.) Universal Amphitheatre.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

fair warning
    Favorite VH Song

mean street
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

one. i really dont think eddie and alex will be that mad if mike did a show or two with dave and sammy.
    two. eddie said saturday that mike was easy and would play with anyone ( if those are the exact words) eddie did not seem mad when he was asked that.
    three. if it is true ( i think sam and dave are trying to wild up the brothers) that for sure will be the end of vh.
    van halen shall return. what you think is nothing might be something after all.

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Welcome to the Links JagerMon, & thanks for the post. 'Mmebbe reading into this too much, as the operative phrase appears to be "...during the tour", but I'd shit a brick if Mikey popped up on opening night !

Then again, he has been known to be a good customer in the Flats, 'has some friends here, so....

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

06.28.11 @ 03:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I hope Mikey is there - I am sitting in the 2nd row!

Hopefully before next Wednesday the brothers themselves announce they are going to show up. It wouldn't surprise me anymore after the last few years. I would have bet you a grand that DLR and Sammy would NEVER tour together...............
    That liquor in the night time leaves strange memories.....

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow.. I get to see mike up front.. This is too much.. This is gonna be a killer show, what else is gonna happen.. I have a feeling dlr is gonna reconsider jamming with sammy now... Its gonna be a fuckin' party!!!!!!!!
    "And my loves got no rain check baby!"-DLR

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

09.26.16 @ 04:44 PM
    Liked 248 Times in 89 Posts

Donor

``is one of those things that, once you hear about it, it's as obvious as the wheel.... But of course! No corners!''

``Aw,'' said Roth, ``most acrimony in rock 'n' roll is nothing but some mean words, a slap fight followed by tears, an elaborate healing and a reunion show with a memento shirt.''
    lmao!

I don't use anything. I've got a three-piece band, flat floor, eight moves, rule world.''

[img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

A couple new ones. Funny stuff Dave.

[ May 23, 2002, 11:52 PM: Message edited by: seenbad ]
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

All Dave
    Favorite VH Song

"dirtymovies"
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

If that's true, then God bless Mikey for keeping the VH-dream alive. If he wants to go out on a high-note, he should perform with both Sammy and Dave!
    ".....and Harry Potter and all of his wizard-friends went to Hell for practicing Witchcraft. The End." -Ned Flander's version of reading "Harry Potter" to Rod and Todd.

Banned!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So will Mike play a song with Dave too? Or does he hate Dave too much to do that?

Last Online

01.02.16 @ 11:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i got $20 that says Mikey doesn't show in Cleveland...
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Hot For Teacher
    Favorite VH Album

Unreleased Box Set, Fair Warning
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally posted by twonabomber:
    i got $20 that says Mikey doesn't show in Cleveland...
    Me too. The sheer immediacy of Mikey on opening night would be the biggest collective FU to the bros.

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

04.22.16 @ 10:07 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hopefully, by the time this tour gets to the Gorge, Mikey will be singing harmonies behind Dave where he belongs.

And if Dave, Mikey, and Sammy all sang fucking "Happy Trails" at the end of the show, the Lying Dutchmen would have to put up or shut up.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

Howard Dean for President 2012. YEEEAAARRRGGGHHH!

Sinner's Swing!
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

"Dirty Movies"
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll be surprised if Mikey shows...I love Mikey, but he strikes me as a person that doesn't wanna "Rcok The Boat" too much. Therefore he wouldn't wanna ruin his great gig he's got with the Van Halen brothers, by joining the "enemy" and pissingthem off.....BUT, then again, is there even a BAND left for him to go back to? LOL... He may no longer care, cause frankly there's no Van Halen THERE !

Shit if this doesn't work out, maybe Mikey can put together Snake for a reunion tour??? LOL
    "Sorry about the mess..."<br /><br />~Han Solo Episode IV