Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Rob Zombie to Helm New Halloween Film

Rob Zombie to Helm New Halloween Film
    Source: The Weinstein Company June 5, 2006

Dimension Films has announced that they will make a new "Halloween" movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of John Carpenter's Halloween, executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

Richard Saperstein, president of production, Matthew Stein, senior vice president of production and Alex Franklin, director of development and production will oversee the project on behalf of Dimension. Bret McCartney of Trancas International will oversee production on behalf of Trancas.

Andrew Kramer, executive vice president of business and legal affairs, and Lumumba Mosquera, senior vice president of business and legal affairs, negotiated on behalf of Dimension Films. Attorneys David Fox and Jeffrey Light of Myman Abell Fineman Greenspan & Light negotiated on behalf of Rob Zombie. Attorney Wayne Kazan of Weissmann Wolff Bergman Coleman & Silverman negotiated on behalf of Akkad. Rob Zombie is represented by Paradigm.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

Default Hmmm?

So which is it Rob? LOL

ROB ZOMBIE: 'I Am Not Making 'Halloween 9'' - June 3, 2006

Rob Zombie has shot down rumors that he is in talks with Dimension Films about helming the ninth installment of the "Halloween" franchise.

Fangoria.com reported earlier in the week that Zombie was in line to possibly direct "Halloween 9", which was believed to be a prequel, set before the events of "Halloween 2: Halloween Resurrection", and focusing on the life of serial killer Michael Myers as a young man, before he was placed in a mental institution.

In a June 3, 2006 posting on his MySpace profile, Zombie wrote, "I don't know how this story all got started but I AM NOT MAKING 'HALLOWEEN 9'."

As previously reported, Zombie has added well-known character actor Danny Trejo to the cast of "The Haunted World of El Superbeasto", according to the Hollywood Reporter. Best known for his roles in "Heat", the "Spy Kids" movies and Zombie's own "The Devil's Rejects", Trejo will play Rico, a down-and-out former partner of the title character. The adult-oriented cartoon follows the adventures of El Superbeasto, a "washed-up Mexican wrestler," in the mythical world of Monsterland. Oscar nominee Paul Giamatti will voice the film's villain, while Tom Papa will play El Superbeasto and Zombie's wife, Sheri Moon Zombie, will portray his sister.

"The Haunted World of El Superbeasto" is expected to arrive in 2007. Zombie plans to make an R-rated cut for theatrical screenings and an unrated version for DVD.

El Superbeasto first appeared in Zombie's Spookshow International series of horror comics.

In other news, Zombie will host a new weekly program titled "TCM Underground" on cable channel Turner Classic Movies (TCM). The weekly late-night showcase will debut in October with Zombie selecting and introducing a variety of cult, horror and off-the-wall films.

Zombie's upcoming American Witch Across America tour begins on June 30 in El Paso, Texas. He's also likely to tour with GODSMACK this fall.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Rob probably couldn't say anything 48 hours ago!
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoHalen
    Rob probably couldn't say anything 48 hours ago!
    True, and those gay Myspace sites are bullshit too, it may not even really be him on that site.

Good Enough
    Last Online

06.29.07 @ 03:57 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dig deep down from Planet X, yeah
    Thirteen ghosts in the devil's head
    Step right up and feel the fire
    Hardcore love of the never dead

Great news...hopefully it pans out and he gets to direct it.
    From 3-13 to 10-6 and NFC South Champs.....go Saints!

My Hurricane Katrina pics

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

Donor

ROB ZOMBIE Says His 'Halloween' Film Will Have 'No Connection To The Other Series' - June 5, 2006

MTV.com is reporting that Rob Zombie has commented further on the announcement over the weekend that he has been tapped to revive the successful "Halloween" franchise, some 28 years after accomplished horror director John Carpenter's influential slasher flick first introduced the world to Michael Myers, an escaped mental patient who massacred his family on Halloween night.

In a message posted on Zombie's MySpace page last week, the rocker shot down rumors that he'd been in discussions with Dimension Films to breathe new life into the pale-masked Myers.

"I don't know how this story all got started but I am not making 'Halloween 9'," he wrote in a post dated June 3. The next morning, he clarified the situation in a separate post, writing, "I am not making 'Halloween 9'. That series is done, complete, over. But what I am doing is starting totally from scratch. Call it a remake, an update, a re-imagining or whatever, but one thing that [is] for sure is this is a whole new start — a new beginning with no connection to the other series. That is exactly why the project appeals to me. I can take it and run with it."

Before accepting the job, Zombie told Variety he'd reached out to Carpenter, seeking his blessing.

"The original 'Halloween' is hallowed ground to me, and I talked to him about it and he was very supportive of what I wanted to do," Zombie said. "He said, 'Go for it, Rob. Make it your own.' And that's exactly what I intend to do. Over 25 years and a lot of movies, a very scary character became something of a Halloween cliché, with Michael Myers dolls that play the Halloween music when you press their stomachs. By the end of the sequel cycle, there was little connection to the original. I take that film very seriously, and I want to make it terrifying again."

Zombie's "Halloween" film is slated for an October 2007 release.

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Default The mask (and the theme music) are back

Here's the trailer.....and it looks suprisingly good. And this is coming from the guy who loathes remakes.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hall...7bZcWsrc5fVXcA
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum View Post
    Here's the trailer.....and it looks suprisingly good. And this is coming from the guy who loathes remakes.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/hall...7bZcWsrc5fVXcA
    I'm with you, Scum, I can't stand remakes and often wondered why someone would remake "Halloween." The film is a fuckin' classic and doesn't need to be remade. But I must say the trailer looks good.
    I noticed he included Michael with the sheet over his head and the glasses, just like in the original.
    2-time Fantasy Baseball Champion.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Rob Zombie has his shit together for this stuff...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.” -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

Donor

Yeah, this is definitely his forte, that's for sure!

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

Since Rob Zombie is doin' it, it will be out there like Pluto!!!
    ALEX IS GOD!!!

I've been doin' this for 'bout 20 years now, and I'll tell ya, to this day I still don't know the right drumstick from the left drumstick -Alex Van Halen

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can't fucking wait for 8/31. At first, I was a bit skeptical of Rob Zombie remaking such a classic horror film (my personal favorite horror film of all time), but this trailer looks awesome, and I know that he'll do this version justice.

Check out some of the video interviews with Scout Taylor-Compton (as Laurie Strode) and Danielle Harris (as Annie Brackett). http://halloweenmovies.com/

Last Online

12.08.16 @ 03:21 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i hate the term "re-imagining."

trailer's been removed.
    "is this a good show tonight, or fuckin' what?" - DLR, Montreal, 11/10/07

Toronto 10/7...Cleveland 10/10...Toronto 10/12...Montreal 11/10

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 5150
    Last Online

10.20.14 @ 09:09 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Did anyone else see it yet? I went and saw it this past Friday. I thought it was fucking brilliant. You definitely can not, nor should not compare it to the original. Much more graphic though, but that was to be expected with a Rob Zombie film.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:54 PM
    Liked 412 Times in 247 Posts

I saw it on Saturday...I however am ASHAMED to say that I never saw the original because...well...I get scared SHITLESS by these movies and I don't watch them often...but I am aware of the back story and what not....

I have seen Devil's Rejects so I was a bit concerned about what Zombie would do to this re-make....but all in all...it was a classic horror flick from beginning to end...some of the shocking sequences you know...the scenes that make you jump out of your seat when something pops up....this movie is full of those...and there is one part...which I won't give away....that literally made me nearly crap myself in shock....nice to see Sid Haig in there as well

The way it was filmed...the music (Hey! RUSH's Tom Sawyer was even in the movie)...the moments where you see Michael lurking in behind the action is what makes this movie great for horror buffs...however for me....I can't sleep much these days....

One thing to mention though...I could go without a sex scene in every fucking other scene...sorry to give something away but there is too much in this movie...once is enough...and this is a teenager talking!
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel