Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Default The Westboro Baptist Church...

Is it just me, or are these people freaking insane? These are those funeral protesters who are into the whole "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "Thank God for 9/11" b.s. They say that all of us who are against that are going to hell, which I find somewhat rediculous. If you've heard about these people, they make it seem like, out of the billions of people on the face of this earth, only their three thousand or so followers will go into heaven.

These people believe they are far more superior over every single person in this nation, and it annoys me. A friend of mine, smart guy, sent an email under an alias, stating that he has studied the Bible and is dumbfounded and confused over what they believe in. They gave him the whole "God is your #1 horror" and "You are confused because you do not follow the Lord properly." They closed the letter with "YOU ARE wrong and YOU ARE going to hell. Such bull if you ask me.

I sent an email recently ranting to them about what they do and how they approach it. In case you didn't know, the group is very racial. Against Jews, homosexuals, etc. They can't stop their temptations or help what they are or where they come from. Isn't THEIR God the one who stated that he loves everyone he created? I will post that up here as soon as I have access to my other computer where it is located.

This organization pisses me off to no end, and they are a shame to a nation. So I'm curious, how do you feel about this group? I'm never one too be all that religious, but I do like to stir up a conversation, because it's interesting to hear what everyone feels.

If you'd like to get more pissed off, visit the Top 11 worst sites in the history of the internet:

www.godhatesfags.com , www.godhatescanada.com , www. godhatessweden.com , www.godhatesamerica.com , www.smellthebrimstone.com , www.hatemongers.com , www.americaisdoomed.com , www.yourpastorisawhore.com , www.godistheterrorist.com , www.priestsrapeboys.com , www.thesignsofthetimes.com

And just when you thought Tom Cruise and all the other Scientologists in the world were freaks, ladies and gentlemen, I give you, the Westboro Baptist Church!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yep, nutcases...parallel along the lines with Jim Jones and David Koresh.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 1,626 Times in 872 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm not familiar w/ this Westboro group, but as a Christian I do believe everything is in God's hands & that nothing happens w/o his knowledge. Including 9/11. My dad is a Baptist minister & I am Baptist by denomination. I believe the bible is true all the way from the index at the front to the maps at the back. If they (Westboro) are in fact as nutty as the OP proclaims, then yes, they are on the same order as Koresh & Jones. The Bible clearly states(I can give scripture Ref. later if desired) that God loves us all as the sinners that we are. He loves us to the point he gave his only son up to a horrible death for each of us. Just so we could have the opportunity to spend eternity w/ him in Heaven. That includes every person on the face of the earth. The other side is that he does indeed hate sin (homosexuality being one of them, as is cheating on your taxes) because he is perfect and not capable of sin.

Ted

Note: I cruised their site right before I posted. I stand by everything in my post. Additionally, I'll say they are a disgrace. That is not a Baptist church. That's a wacko twisting God's word to propagate his own agenda(The bible specifically calls that out in Revelations 22:18-19. Check it out.)
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Yes, these people are stupid.

My question is this: Do all of the Christians on this site like this Westboro Baptist Church's God hates fags site? I am just curious; because I haven't seen any of them come into this thread, and denounce these dumbasses yet.

I have heard several of you say that these guys are crazy, but if you are a Christian, do you not rejoice in that particular site of theirs? I'd be interested to hear your comments.

P.S.

Not trying to "push" buttons. I genuinely want to know how you feel.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Yes, these people are stupid.

My question is this: Do all of the Christians on this site like this Westboro Baptist Church's God hates fags site? I am just curious; because I haven't seen any of them come into this thread, and denounce these dumbasses yet.

I have heard several of you say that these guys are crazy, but if you are a Christian, do you not rejoice in that particular site of theirs? I'd be interested to hear your comments.

P.S.

Not trying to "push" buttons. I genuinely want to know how you feel.
    No buttons to push from where I sit. Read my previous post & you'll see where I called them a disgrace. I am a Christian & I do denounce anything they have said that is a perversion of scripture, which includes pretty much everything but the actual quoting of said scripture. Their web address pretty well sums up for me this is NOT a Christian organization. To say "God hates(any person, group, race, etc)" in and of itself is blasphemous because God is love. Not God is loving(which he is) or God loves(he does). God is love. God = love. That is as real as I can convey it thru a keyboard.

Ted
    Last edited by Ted Van Halen; 05.29.06 at 07:21 AM.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen
    No buttons to push from where I sit.
    Sorry, dude. I wasn't implying that you were pushing buttons. I have been accused of pushing buttons, when I was really being serious, so I thought I would actually say I am not trying to push buttons up front, so that there wouldn’t be any confusion…although some will probably choose to believe it’s pushing buttons anyway.

God is love. God = love.
    Ted, if this is what you think, then how do you reconcile the obvious examples of hate and non-love that God shows throughout the Bible? If what you say is true, then your definition of love and my definition of love are two entirely different things.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The guy who runs this "Church" is an ex-lawyer.

He and his fat, ugly wife and their fat, ugly kids protest at funeral of fallen soldiers and police officers in the hopes that someone will punch them out, then they will be sued. They also want state to pass laws restricting their actions so that they can file a civilrights lawsuit and win BIG money.

Anybody who read even one Bible comic book knows that these duchebags are neither Christian, Holy or in any way speak for God. They embody everything that's wrong about America and humanity.

That's why it's going to be okay to kill them, which will happen.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Oh, and anybody who's that upset about homosexuals is probably a butt-pirate themselves.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    The guy who runs this "Church" is an ex-lawyer.

He and his fat, ugly wife and their fat, ugly kids protest at funeral of fallen soldiers and police officers in the hopes that someone will punch them out, then they will be sued. They also want state to pass laws restricting their actions so that they can file a civilrights lawsuit and win BIG money.

Anybody who read even one Bible comic book knows that these duchebags are neither Christian, Holy or in any way speak for God. They embody everything that's wrong about America and humanity.

That's why it's going to be okay to kill them, which will happen.
    That is a brilliant point!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Sorry, dude. I wasn't implying that you were pushing buttons. I have been accused of pushing buttons, when I was really being serious, so I thought I would actually say I am not trying to push buttons up front, so that there wouldn’t be any confusion…although some will probably choose to believe it’s pushing buttons anyway.

Ted, if this is what you think, then how do you reconcile the obvious examples of hate and non-love that God shows throughout the Bible? If what you say is true, then your definition of love and my definition of love are two entirely different things.
    I knew what you meant & I meant that what few buttons I have don't get pushed very easily so it's cool.

In regards to your examples of "hate & non-love", what specifically do you mean? Soddom & Gomorrah? Ninevah? In these two instances as in others, the cities were destroyed because they refused to turn from their evil ways. Now, those are both OT examples. In the OT the average guy had no direct link to God. He had to go thru a priest as a go-between to God. Pretty sad state of affairs. Particularly considering the laws that had to be obeyed.

The birth of Jesus and his eventual death & ressurection gave average guy a direct line to God. No priest required. If you read the NT, you'll see the life of Jesus laid out as the final sacrifice that puts an imperfect mankind in the prescence of a Holy & Righteous God.

I may not have answered your question as thoroughly as you would like but hope I did make some sense as I am by no means qualified to debate such issues.

Ted
    -TVH-

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Van Halen
    I knew what you meant & I meant that what few buttons I have don't get pushed very easily so it's cool.
    No problem,

In regards to your examples of "hate & non-love", what specifically do you mean? Soddom & Gomorrah? Ninevah? In these two instances as in others, the cities were destroyed because they refused to turn from their evil ways.
    I wasn't speaking of those particular examples, but since you brought them up...where is the love? So they wouldn't turn away from "evil", why kill them and break one of the commandants that you expect everyone else to follow?

I was speaking more about these. They are but a few of many examples I can give you. I challenge you to find the love in any of these. The arguments of OT vs. NT are just cherry-picking:

The Kingdom of Sihon Destroyed
    Deuteronomy 2: 33-35 RSV

God's War Strategy
    Deuteronomy 20: 10-17

God's Religious Intolerance
    Exodus 32: 27,28 RSV

Murderer of Innocent Infants and Children
    Exodus 20: 29,30 RSV

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    1st Chronicles 13: 9-11 RSV

Murderer of Innocent
    1st Samuel 15: 2,3 RSV

Child Abuse To The Extreme
    Genesis 22: 1-12 RSV

Now, those are both OT examples. In the OT the average guy had no direct link to God. He had to go thru a priest as a go-between to God.
    Actually, God spoke directly to people in the OT, but is mysteriously absent in the NT. I'm sure people will say he was speaking through Jesus though.

The birth of Jesus and his eventual death & ressurection gave average guy a direct line to God. No priest required. If you read the NT, you'll see the life of Jesus laid out as the final sacrifice that puts an imperfect mankind in the prescence of a Holy & Righteous God.
    Reference the aformentioned. On the contray, people didn't get to speak to God directly in the NT.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

Premium Member

Donor

[QUOTE=BradS]No problem,

I wasn't speaking of those particular examples, but since you brought them up...where is the love? So they wouldn't turn away from "evil", why kill them and break one of the commandants that you expect everyone else to follow?

I was speaking more about these. They are but a few of many examples I can give you. I challenge you to find the love in any of these. The arguments of OT vs. NT are just cherry-picking:

The Kingdom of Sihon Destroyed
    Deuteronomy 2: 33-35 RSV

God's War Strategy
    Deuteronomy 20: 10-17

God's Religious Intolerance
    Exodus 32: 27,28 RSV

Murderer of Innocent Infants and Children
    Exodus 20: 29,30 RSV

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
    1st Chronicles 13: 9-11 RSV

Murderer of Innocent
    1st Samuel 15: 2,3 RSV

Child Abuse To The Extreme
    Genesis 22: 1-12 RSV

Actually, God spoke directly to people in the OT, but is mysteriously absent in the NT. I'm sure people will say he was speaking through Jesus though.

Reference the aformentioned. On the contray, people didn't get to speak to God directly in the NT.[/QUOTE/]

I submit that God is the ultimate authority in my life. I do not question that authority. Ultimately everything that happens, good or bad, happens for a reason. I'm a pretty good guy & yet I've been thru a trying time or two in my life. Thru those times where my faith has been tested, I've grown closer to God & have gotten a little more insight for his will in my life. I can do the research & present an argument for the cases you mentioned above. It all comes down to God having the right to do what he pleases w/ his creation, both in love and in wrath. After all, he created us for his purposes. I accept that. Perhaps you don't. I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree.

One thing I would ask though is that you not paint all Christians w/ the same nutty colored brush as this Westboro fruitbag. He does not serve the same all-powerful omni-present God that I serve. As such, the day is coming that he(as we all will) stand before God almighty & answer for his actions. Woe be unto him.

BTW, saw in another thread you're gonna be a dad. One thing I urge you to do is make sure & be the first face that sweet baby sees when he/she takes that first breath. You'll never feel anything like that again.

Ted
    -TVH-

Favorite VH Album

II
    Last Online

05.18.16 @ 10:01 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I first heard about these people on Ron&Fez. They had one of the women on from that group, as well as a guy from a group of veterans on motorcycles that show up to block these protestors from the family's view at funerals.

I'm very pro-free speech, but these people disgust me.

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT, II, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AS IS
    Last Online

05.26.15 @ 05:03 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

These guys make me sick. On their Godhatesamerica.com page they said that Pope John Paul is in hell, and Pope Benedict will soon follow. Then they disgust me further by saying that the caol miners that died a few months back are in hell as well.

What sick fucks.
    -----HuBBs5150-----

"Meet us in the future not the pasture!" - DLR, Aug 13th 2007

What is GamingVision?

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

The Phelps cult has been at this for years. Initially their only cause was homophobic hatred and they only picketed the funerals of those who died from AIDS related illnesses. They probably first recieved national attention when they showed up at the funeral of Matthew Shepard, a young gay man who was savagely beaten, burned, and tied to a fence by two sheepfucking ignorant assholes in Wyoming. They also had the nerve to put a "Matt is in Hell Memorial page" on their website, and were later actually trying to build a "monument" of Sheppard burning in Hell on the site of his murder.

Sickening bastards, to be sure. But what's sad is that so many people ignored these revolting Phelps bastards until they started attacking military funerals. And releasing statements that Ronald Reagan, Pope JP, etc were burning in Hell because they were "fag lovers", which probably would have been news to Reagan and JP.

I believe in freedom of speech. Even ugly, ignorant speech. But to harrass a grieving family at a funeral....ANY funeral... is way beyond that. If I ever see them at a funeral, I will put their signs completely up their asses and I dare their lawyers to come after me. I don't believe there's a jury on earth that would convict me.

And now that there's this group of bikers - many of them Vietnam vets - following these fools around, it's only a matter of time until there is an ass kicking. I hope the cameras are rolling when it happens.
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14