02.06.17 @ 05:47 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Here we go again - Dave talks reunion

From Billboard.com---

Roth Predicts Van Halen Comeback
    David Lee Roth

May 25, 2006, 3:00 PM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit
    Now out of one job, on the radio, David Lee Roth is seeking gainful employment in another capacity -- as lead singer of Van Halen. Again.

"I see it absolutely as an inevitability," says Roth, who was deposed by CBS Radio in late April as one of Howard Stern's replacements. "There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management; Irv Azoff is part of their loop now.

"To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!' So I definitely see it happening."

Despite that claim, Roth -- who was Van Halen's singer from 1974-1985 -- acknowledges that he hasn't seen Edward Van Halen "in a couple of years." The last time Roth recorded with Van Halen was for the group's "Best Of Van Halen Volume 1" album in 1996, though there have been periodic rumors ever since.

Roth isn't sitting around while he waits for the call, however. He joins the John Jorgensen bluegrass band for two songs -- "Jump" and "Jamie's Cryin' " -- on "Strummin' With the Devil: The Southern Side of Van Halen," a bluegrass-styled tribute to Van Halen. Roth calls it "a detour" as well as "an interesting return...Before there was rock 'n' roll, there was me and a single guitar, flat pickin' Doc Watson (songs)." Roth plans to make a number of TV appearances on behalf of the album, which comes out June 6.

Roth is also planning to tour later this summer to play Van Halen hits -- "I'm so proud of that music," he says -- favorites from his solo album and covers. He says he'll leave the banjos and fiddles at home, though.

"I like to bring out the brass section now and the keyboard players and the singers and so forth," Roth explains. "It's probably a little closer to the Rolling Stones' revue than to the early three-piece power trio. But the demand is amazing; I guess I'm lucky enough to be one of those guys now who can point at the map and say 'Let's go here' -- or, rather, my favorite expression, which is 'Let's follow the sun.'"

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Gotta love the Diamond One. He always finds the sun, that's for sure. T/G he's keeping the VH tuneage going, with or w/o the boys.

Ever the optimist tho. Not sure about that part. Maybe that's best left for the suits to figure out. Wish they could put all that crap aside and jam already. Whatta waste.

But, I hope he expands on his tour and comes out west soon - well other than the Vegas stop. Even Sacto w/b great.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:25 PM
    Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts

Can't keep a gud man down!!!! Lets hope it happens. In the meantime lets av an in ya face rock cd & a UK tour Dave!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

1984/5150/F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

DD Legs,Humans Being
    Last Online

07.23.09 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

[QUOTE=DreamIsOver] "There's contact between the two camps, and they have legitimate management; Irv Azoff is part of their loop now.

QUOTE]

I could call my ex girlfriend, have her hang up, and consider that "contact"- but in the end it means nothing.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

03.29.15 @ 06:33 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB
    "

I could call my ex girlfriend, have her hang up, and consider that "contact"- but in the end it means nothing.

OK...That was funny.
    "I Got Myself a Brand New Oakland Scarf right here I say"

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:29 PM
    Liked 629 Times in 293 Posts

Dave shows up at 5150 with a case of smoking loon all will be forgotten!
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Good Enough
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 09:22 AM
    Liked 280 Times in 134 Posts

Fine. Just do SOMETHING.
    Sings like a bird. Rocks like a pig.

Last Online

07.12.16 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I gotta laugh at Dave. Just because Irving Azoff is managing the band he thinks a reunion is inevitable. Who brought Irving Azoff in to manage Van Halen-Sammy Hagar!! Azoff is currently managing Sammy, why in the world would he let that happen. Dave's got to get over the fact that Sammy is the lead singer of this unfortunate defunct band and has got to realize that he's been over with for years now. His made a fool of himself on the radio show. If VH ever gets back together its with Sammy Hagar both Mike and Sammy have recently said that. Hagar is no idiot, he's got Azoff managing his solo career and Van Halen! There would be no way Roth would be invited back.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan
    I gotta laugh at Dave. Just because Irving Azoff is managing the band he thinks a reunion is inevitable. Who brought Irving Azoff in to manage Van Halen-Sammy Hagar!! Azoff is currently managing Sammy, why in the world would he let that happen. Dave's got to get over the fact that Sammy is the lead singer of this unfortunate defunct band and has got to realize that he's been over with for years now. His made a fool of himself on the radio show. If VH ever gets back together its with Sammy Hagar both Mike and Sammy have recently said that. Hagar is no idiot, he's got Azoff managing his solo career and Van Halen! There would be no way Roth would be invited back.

You don't think Azoff would want to cash in on a Roth/Halen Reunion? After 2004 I don't even think that Hagar would mind.

On Fire
    Favorite VH Album

VH-II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Girl gone bad/Dreams live
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 08:59 AM
    Liked 140 Times in 64 Posts

Ok, so if Roth re-joins it would probobly be without Michael Anthony. What do they call themselves now? 3/4ths? Boy this stuff gets tiring.
    "What do you expect from a guy who makes his living beating things with a stick!"-EVH

Last Online

07.12.16 @ 07:01 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    You don't think Azoff would want to cash in on a Roth/Halen Reunion? After 2004 I don't even think that Hagar would mind.
    Not at all. Not while he managing Sammy. I truly believe that Sammy is still the lead singer of VH and its up to him when they get together and when all parties get themselves together. With Sammy's ego and pride, there would be no way he would let Azoff do that. People seem to forget that part of the Van Halen deal in 2004 that Sammy was going to continue to record and tour with the Wabos and while being in Van Halen and he's doing that now.

I think the brothers know that it wouldn't work out with Roth. Look Sammy tried to get Dave to jam with him on the Sam and Dave tour and it didn't work.

Van Halen is a big part of Sammy's legacy. I don't see how it could happen.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

I will say it before someone else does.

ARMBI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.27.12 @ 11:38 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

And the destruction of the Universe is "inevitable", too, although I'm not expecting to see it in my lifetime. If we hear a news report of an asteroid the size of Texas plummeting toward Earth, you can bet that the CVH reunion was finalized and scheduled to begin the week after impact.
    Bring on the Chickenfoot!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning & 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Girl Gone Bad
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:48 AM
    Liked 109 Times in 44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenFan
    Not at all. Not while he managing Sammy. I truly believe that Sammy is still the lead singer of VH and its up to him when they get together and when all parties get themselves together. With Sammy's ego and pride, there would be no way he would let Azoff do that. People seem to forget that part of the Van Halen deal in 2004 that Sammy was going to continue to record and tour with the Wabos and while being in Van Halen and he's doing that now.

I think the brothers know that it wouldn't work out with Roth. Look Sammy tried to get Dave to jam with him on the Sam and Dave tour and it didn't work.

Van Halen is a big part of Sammy's legacy. I don't see how it could happen.
    2004 was a bust for the tour promoters as well as the actual art created. They'll never command that caliber of gate quarentee again (or that scale venue) with Sam. They have at least one shot with Roth for the big money tour.

Sam has nothing to lose to let Roth do a final bow of some sort with VH. If anything it also helps sell product from all the years and he will benefit as well. BTW Azoff must stay neutral and keep VH and Hagar biz seperate and do WHAT'S BEST FOR THE BAND. Not what's best Hagar.

It no longer a cock fight, now it's purely business and Roth/Halen reunion will throw off the most dollars at this juncture.

ps... MA will defintely be a part of any such Roh reunion. Dave would demand it. I beleive Roth is a VH pureist when it comes to getting the original band together.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Maybe we could sauce old Irv' up with some Smokin' Loon and he can convince them all to do a Super Van Halen show! Sammy can open for Dave, Dave can open for Sammy, it would be great! You know, that kind of thing worked out so well in 2002.

How much money is it in? Might help.

Alright, I'm going to go take another hit now and see what I come up with next.

It is awful funny though how Roth somewhat compliments management put into affect by Hagar. He must feel desparate or something. I've never heard Roth say anything that you could even twist into a positive about any of the above mentioned unless it involved him.

I do agree with some of you though, doing SOMETHING would sure be nice. Although, if there will be as much fallout after the 2004 tour, I don't know if I'd be for it.

Whatever happens (pardon my negativity), in the end, it will end poorly.

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!