Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 02:36 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Default My first recording with new guitar

Here is my first recording with the OLP i just got. I recorded it in Garage Band and used both pickups. It was recorded through my DOD Tec4x set to the "Creamy Metal" effect then inside Garage Band, I turned on compression set to 0, which actually made it louder...and turned on "American Crunch" as the amp simulator. It's really rough due to my skill level and the fact that i recorded it only once...what you hear is the only attempt. Tell me what you guys think.

also, be careful with the speakers...i played it on my laptop and it freaked the lil speakers out
    http://www.tekphase.com/legacyracin...umans_Being.mp3

Eruption
    Last Online

07.13.12 @ 05:20 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snostorm
    Here is my first recording with the OLP i just got. I recorded it in Garage Band and used both pickups. It was recorded through my DOD Tec4x set to the "Creamy Metal" effect then inside Garage Band, I turned on compression set to 0, which actually made it louder...and turned on "American Crunch" as the amp simulator. It's really rough due to my skill level and the fact that i recorded it only once...what you hear is the only attempt. Tell me what you guys think.

also, be careful with the speakers...i played it on my laptop and it freaked the lil speakers out
    http://www.tekphase.com/legacyracin...umans_Being.mp3
    Linky no worky

Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Last edited by snostorm; 05.20.06 at 01:30 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

That was Awesome!!!

I think though that the tone you got on that is good for the verses and the rest of the song, but not for the intro. The intor of the song is quiet and pretty clean with a little chorus and reverb and delay. But other than that, it was pretty damn dead on!!!!!

Did you play the video version of the song? cause I noticed that the first solo with the big tapping section is left out and goes right into the slide up part with the bends?
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Last Online

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Ya, the only thing with the way that pedal is there is no way to go from clean to crunch easily....it would sound like crap with the delay in the signal and what not. The tone was a lil darker than I was going for but thats the way that amp simulation on the MAC is.

Yes I did do the video version. Main reason being is I don' know the solo
    The other reason is I dont transition well from the picking part down near the 12th fret back to the tapping part since it's such a stretch.

Thanks for the encouraging "That was awesome" that really means alot coming from a VH fan considering my current skill level.