Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

New Clips of New Sammy Songs

Here are some snippets of a couple of the songs on the new album, courtesy of CJ on SHML. Enjoy!:

http://facedownincabo.com/media/rocklineclips.mp3

Post by Chet0u812 @ VHSO

Romeo Delight
    Last Online

09.21.17 @ 07:13 AM
    Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts

Very disappointing. His solo releases are going the way of DLR. Bummer.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

02.17.17 @ 11:44 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I like the songs. I would love to hear some heavy new tunes but I know that Hagar is probably not at that stage in his life anymore. When I think of this sound combined with the rest of his catalog it all fits together nicely for a great live show. I guess as I get older there are the days when Rock Candy and Heavy Metal are called for but I can see there are days when Livin It Up will get some play.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AVH Blues
    I like the songs. I would love to hear some heavy new tunes but I know that Hagar is probably not at that stage in his life anymore. When I think of this sound combined with the rest of his catalog it all fits together nicely for a great live show. I guess as I get older there are the days when Rock Candy and Heavy Metal are called for but I can see there are days when Livin It Up will get some play.
    Very well said.

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Well, they were only snippets of a few songs. They didn't sound THAT bad. I just don't like him on this Toby Keith kick. Sounds like my wife will like the new album more than me!

Favorite VH Album

BOBW
    Favorite VH Song

Crossing over
    Last Online

04.03.12 @ 11:26 AM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

there are only so many ways to break up a 4/4 count song...
    Sam, Dave,Gary... who cares. its all about what makes you feel good.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Balance/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained/5150/Don\'t Tell Me
    Last Online

04.29.16 @ 07:05 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

hard to beleive this is the same guy that had a part in writing Don't Tell Me, 5150, Mine all Mine, Top of the World.
    Actually I think most of us are Dave, Sam, and Mike fans. There's just a small group of people who have strange allegiances and like to get into petty pissing contests that I can't believe everyone on this site isn't bored of. - Brett

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy
    hard to beleive this is the same guy that had a part in writing Don't Tell Me, 5150, Mine all Mine, Top of the World.
    You said it...

Man, I love the whole 'Cabo Party Lifestyle Thing' as much as the next RedHead, but I have to say, when it comes to that theme in Sammy's music, it's getting REALLY tired...

OK, Sam, I think we got the message with 'Mas Tequila', bro. It seems damn near all his tunes are more or less a commercial vehicle for the Cabo Empire now.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all over the Cabo stuff, but it's getting pretty damn lame where the music's concerned...and, MAN, I love Sam and HATE to say this but...

Just my $.02...
    Last edited by sixstring; 05.19.06 at 10:58 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

12.16.17 @ 03:30 PM
    Liked 1,619 Times in 996 Posts

Donor

Wow, there really is some serious country twang in a couple of those samples.

Hmm.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.07.06 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love Sammy, but he already wrote the ultimate Cabo themed song. It's on a record he did with a good band called Van Halen and the song was "Cabo Wabo". Sam is getting lazy in his old age. Write about something other than your fucking bar.

No wonder Ed and Al get sick of hearing about Cabo. It is all that dude plays about. Every "new" tune that dude has put out in the last 4-5 years is about his bar. Getting real fucking old.
    Last edited by clarker; 05.19.06 at 11:30 AM.

Last Online

10.19.10 @ 04:18 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

That song Mexico sounds pretty cool. I have also heard a snippet of One Sip and it didn't sound bad either. Kinda a slower song too. The radio station I work for has the promo for the Scranton show. If I knew how to post music up here I would so you all can hear it.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 08:21 AM
    Liked 4,808 Times in 2,454 Posts

Premium Member

I am going to get slammed here but wow...

That stuff makes Up for Breakfast sound like 5150. Its the equivilant of Roth doing Radio. Does not go together. I don't like it. I do agree he is at a different stage of his life so more power to him if that what he wants to do.

BTW horrible guitar tone on these songs. Sounds like Vic is recording direct to a board with a cheap guitar processor.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by clarker
    No wonder Ed and Al get sick of hearing about Cabo. It is all that dude plays about. Every "new" tune that dude has put out in the last 4-5 years is about his bar. Getting real fucking old.
    Of the songs he has "put out" which I will assume you mean "singles" during that time, which is about his bar?

Sam I Am (No)
    Let me take you there? (Kinda)
    Hallelujah? (No)
    Things've Changed (No)
    Serious JuJu (No)
    Let Sally Drive (No)

He has releases 6 singles to radio since 2000 and really none of them are about his bar. Yes I agree there is a theme to this album, and that does worry me, but I haven't heard it yet so I have no opinion until I hear it.

Since he left Van Halen there were no bar songs on Marching To Mars, two songs on Red Voodoo (Title track and Mas Tequila), possibly 2 songs on Ten 13 (Ten 13 being about his birthday party and the word Waborita appears in Tropic of Capricorn), nothing on Not 4 Sale and the single for Let Me Take You There.

So out of 4 full length albums since 1997 (not including the Live and hits albums) you have 4 songs that reference either his bar or his tequilla. I haven't heard the new album, so I don't know how much it jumps up with that. However I think you're off base with your "all that dude plays about." Maybe it's all that you listen for, I'm not sure.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.07.06 @ 12:10 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RKVH5150
    Of the songs he has "put out" which I will assume you mean "singles" during that time, which is about his bar?

Sam I Am (No)
    Let me take you there? (Kinda)
    Hallelujah? (No)
    Things've Changed (No)
    Serious JuJu (No)
    Let Sally Drive (No)

He has releases 6 singles to radio since 2000 and really none of them are about his bar. Yes I agree there is a theme to this album, and that does worry me, but I haven't heard it yet so I have no opinion until I hear it.

Since he left Van Halen there were no bar songs on Marching To Mars, two songs on Red Voodoo (Title track and Mas Tequila), possibly 2 songs on Ten 13 (Ten 13 being about his birthday party and the word Waborita appears in Tropic of Capricorn), nothing on Not 4 Sale and the single for Let Me Take You There.

So out of 4 full length albums since 1997 (not including the Live and hits albums) you have 4 songs that reference either his bar or his tequilla. I haven't heard the new album, so I don't know how much it jumps up with that. However I think you're off base with your "all that dude plays about." Maybe it's all that you listen for, I'm not sure.
    Listen to those first two clips. One is a redo of Toby Keith's song "I love this Bar". Which bar do you think he is talking about? Second clip he is talking about drinking shots of Cabo.

Every tune he has released since the Van Halen reunion has nothing but promoting the Cabo lifestyle. Getting people to come down to Cabo and going to his bar. He is more about pimping his bar and not making new music.

Don't get me wrong. I love Sam. I loved Marching To Mars, Ten 13.
    Last edited by clarker; 05.19.06 at 12:42 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 01:53 PM
    Liked 285 Times in 146 Posts

I agreed with you on the new album from what I have heard, but the new album isn't the last 5 or 6 years, which is what I was calling you out on.

I was really looking forward to the new album, still am but not as much now due to the remake of Halfway to Memphis and a couple of others I have heard.