Favorite VH Album

All of them not titled III
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, Unchained, 5150
    Last Online

10.30.06 @ 04:42 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Balance Tour Video

Seriously jonesing for VH last few days, so I just finished watching my copy of the Balance show in Toronto...HOLY SHIT! They weren't fuckin' around that night. This video gave me the goosebumps, "made the fur rise"...Here are a few of my highlights from watching this show (again):

* Right Now and Dreams. They played these songs tight as I ever heard 'em before, especially Ed's solo in Dreams. I know the CVH-heads are thinkin' "sissy poppy keyboard Hagar-era shit", right? Gang, take your Diamond Dave goggles off for a minute and just watch it...
    * EVH singing part of the second verse of WCTBL...frickin' awesome, looking like he's actually having a good time on stage w/Sam
    * Look at the face on the kid in the front row during EVH's solo...in awe of his Guitar God. That's anyone of us Ed-heads in this forum, for sure...
    * Poundcake - Don't Tell Me - Panama encore...I don't know what the capacity of this venue was, but it looked and sounded like a million people were there that night...lucky bastards caught a helluva show...

I know most of you have to have this DVD, VHS whatever...pop it in next chance you get folks
    Last edited by I'm_your_IceCreamMan; 05.19.06 at 01:22 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.16.07 @ 05:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the information, but is it the balance tour in sydney 1998?

Last Online

05.11.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk5150
    No man.

He's talking about the Toronto PPV show which later aired for free on MTV/Much Music. It was in support of Balance (1995) which was Sammy's last full album with VH. He was gone in 1996....

1998 was VHIII time with Gary...
    We Belong, in a world that MUST be strong!
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_your_IceCreamMan
    Seriously jonesing for VH last few days, so I just finished watching my copy of the Balance show in Toronto...HOLY SHIT! They weren't fuckin' around that night. This video gave me the goosebumps, "made the fur rise"...Here are a few of my highlights from watching this show (again):

* Right Now and Dreams. They played these songs tight as I ever heard 'em before, especially Ed's solo in Dreams. I know the CVH-heads are thinkin' "sissy poppy keyboard Hagar-era shit", right? Gang, take your Diamond Dave goggles off for a minute and just watch it...
    * EVH singing part of the second verse of WCTBL...frickin' awesome, looking like he's actually having a good time on stage w/Sam
    * Look at the face on the kid in the front row during EVH's solo...in awe of his Guitar God. That's anyone of us Ed-heads in this forum, for sure...
    * Poundcake - Don't Tell Me - Panama encore...I don't know what the capacity of this venue was, but it looked and sounded like a million people were there that night...lucky bastards caught a helluva show...

I know most of you have to have this DVD, VHS whatever...pop it in next chance you get folks
    I have it on VHS and downloaded it to make a DVD, but the one I downloaded is only about 11 or 12 songs. Anybody have a full version of the concert they'd be willing to trade?
    Last edited by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love; 05.19.06 at 06:42 AM.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

The one's Ed plays on
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:32 PM
    Liked 854 Times in 399 Posts

Premium Member

Default ..

I only have it on vhs. I'd also like to trade for a full dvd copy if anybody has it. Either way, I'll throw it in the vcr soon because of 'I'm Your Ice Cream Man's' post.
    ...AND ON THE SEVENTH DAY, GOD CREATED VAN HALEN

VAN HALEN IS A LIFESTYLE

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought that show was watered down. I've seen much more rawer shows from that tour than that PPV special. Amsterdamn rocked, and Mine All Mine just killed, but I wasn't too impressed with the majority of the show. Ed's solo was on, but that's pretty much the only reason I still watch the show.

If you want to see some real kick ass shows from that tour, you gotta see: Philly, Albany, and Milan. Albany being my fave, followed by Philly and Milan. Much more "looser" shows, and the crowds are amazing.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Romeo Delight
    Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:28 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have the CD of the Toronto Show but have never seen the VHS/DVD -- Eddie is absolutely on fire during Amsterdam...

I'd love to get a copy of this on DVD if anyone can help...It would be appreciated...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I thought that show was watered down. I've seen much more rawer shows from that tour than that PPV special. Amsterdamn rocked, and Mine All Mine just killed, but I wasn't too impressed with the majority of the show. Ed's solo was on, but that's pretty much the only reason I still watch the show.

If you want to see some real kick ass shows from that tour, you gotta see: Philly, Albany, and Milan. Albany being my fave, followed by Philly and Milan. Much more "looser" shows, and the crowds are amazing.

I just started the thread taking into consideration the availability of the Toronto show and figuring most of us here would have it, as opposed to the shows you're talking about. I would kill to have more shows from that tour, though...

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lodewijk5150
    you're welcome, I guess...

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.25.08 @ 07:09 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was at that show!!! It was the best VH show I've ever seen.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

I just started the thread taking into consideration the availability of the Toronto show and figuring most of us here would have it, as opposed to the shows you're talking about. I would kill to have more shows from that tour, though...
    If I had the extra vcr to copy tapes for ya, I would. The shows I listed are KILLER.

The best part of that Toronto PPV for me was before Poundcake. Sam was talkin about the chick with the big chest, and she was actually at the show! Sam just busted up laughin. That was great.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    If I had the extra vcr to copy tapes for ya, I would. The shows I listed are KILLER.

The best part of that Toronto PPV for me was before Poundcake. Sam was talkin about the chick with the big chest, and she was actually at the show! Sam just busted up laughin. That was great.
    Oh man! Did she have a pair or what?!?! Sorry ladies, no offense, but if you've seen this DVD, you'd laugh along w/us...that chick didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed, either...LMAO thinkin' about it!

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Oh man! Did she have a pair or what?!?! Sorry ladies, no offense, but if you've seen this DVD, you'd laugh along w/us...that chick didn't look like the sharpest tool in the shed, either...LMAO thinkin' about it!
    Yes, she was very "blessed."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Didn't Sam comment that all four of their names could fit on her chest (she was sporting the VH on her cans).
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, WCTBL, Humans Being
    Last Online

08.28.09 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I think his exact words were "The size of them tits, she coulda put all 4 of our names on there too, shit!!"

Great show, Mine All Mine is one of my favs of show along with the Guitar Solo.

"It's 5150 Time"