Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.29.08 @ 09:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Fender Wolfgang?

It's been awhile now anyone heard anything at all on this or his amp yet?

Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:24 PM
    Liked 732 Times in 296 Posts

Just my opinion... But I think it's all bullshit, or maybe was in the plans at one point, and went down the drain. Why would Fender want to invest in an entire line of VH guitars/amps when VH is not out there playing them. How are they going to market that? "This is the sound Eddie gets when he's just jamming in his basement at home..." the Charvel, MXR stuff is based off his "Classic" look/sound. You can't throw a Fender headstock on a Wolfgang and market it like that. I think this is kind of what happened with Peavey. When VH was still making music/touring it seemed like everybody was playing 5150's... Then it all just died out when nothing happened after the tour and VH went into seclusion. Everybody knew Ed was done with Peavey. I picked up a Wolfie Special (American) in '04 for $550 out the door with a case, because I love the guitars, regardless of if Ed plays them or not. There were about 4 other standards on the wall that the store was trying to get rid of also for under a grand. I think the Charvel thing was a one time deal. I would have liked to have seen similar models without the stripes for under $1000. Nowaday's, with the internet, most people with a little experience can just buy the parts and build any strat type of guitar for $500-$600. It's about profit margin. The MXR pedals can be made overseas for a fraction of what they sell for. Nobody is going to buy a VH signature guitar made in China or Korea like all those Washburn Dimebag bullshit guitars... I heard that even the Dean's are pretty bad...

Peavey really needed a guy like EVH to be respected by professionals for amps/guitars and I'm sure threw a shitload of $$$ at Eddie. Fender doesn't need anybody to sell their shit. Their history includes Hendrix, Beck, SRV, Clapton, Malmsteen, Eric Johnson, Blackmore, etc, etc, etc...
    Last edited by EJC; 05.18.06 at 11:32 AM.

Hot For Teacher
    Last Online

06.29.08 @ 09:59 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree here, I remember Ed saying on the radio that he was in the process of a guitar, I guess we all assumed it was a Fender. I am wondering also if something fell through since no "coming soon" ads have yet to hit. And your right on while he's not touring it hurts sales. However, Fender and Ed have history together it would be nice for both to finally hook up officialy. But then Ed has been known to blow us all away with his choice of manufacture, I know I for one was who the hell is Music Man? And Peavey was totally second rate, hell my band made fun of people who actually owned peavey gear in the 80's. So when Ed went with peavey well I had to eat a shit load of crow! But you know Kramer was the same way, it seems when Ed goes with a 2nd rate manufacturer things tilt for the good for that company, so who knows. Ed does have a very loyal following ya know, I mean look what people paid for those "hand customs charvels" for 12,000 dollars!

Favorite VH Album

f.u.c.k. and Balance
    Last Online

04.02.10 @ 06:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

i would agree but unlike those other companys ebmm was not second rate before ed just not known. there quality and woods used as far as flame and quilt especially on the necks is second to none. plus they dont tell a guy you have to have a tone switch when he dosent want one. just had to throw that in there. lol

Last Online

06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

I can say for a fact that he was at the fender plant.. but that was a long time ago to not have heard a word.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph