Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

Default Northwestern Women's Soccer Team Suspended Over Alleged Hazing

STATEMENT ON ALLEGED HAZING BY NORTHWESTERN WOMEN'S SOCCER TEAM - Statement by Northwestern University Director of Athletics Mark Murphy
    Northwestern University today learned of allegations that hazing took place last year involving the women's soccer team. Hazing is forbidden under the University's anti-hazing policy.
    Northwestern's Division of Student Affairs will conduct a thorough investigation of the alleged incident. I have asked all Athletic Department staff, team coaches and members of the team to cooperate fully in the investigation by Student Affairs.
    If the investigation shows that there has been a violation of Northwestern's policies, appropriate sanctions will be imposed and the Athletic Department may take additional action as well. Until this investigation is completed, I have suspended the women's soccer team from all organized athletic activities. Northwestern's hazing policy:
    The University forbids hazing (based on the state law, Illinois Hazing Act, 720 ILCS §120/0.01 et seq) and all other activities that interfere with the personal liberty of an individual. The University defines hazing as any action taken or situation created intentionally, whether on or off University premises, to produce mental or physical discomfort, embarrassment, harassment, or ridicule. Such activities and situations may include but are not limited to paddling in any form; creation of excessive fatigue; physical and psychological shocks; quests, treasure hunts, scavenger hunts, road trips, or any other such activities carried on outside the confines of the University; wearing apparel that is conspicuous and not normally in good taste; engaging in stunts and buffoonery; requiring sleepovers or morally degrading or humiliating games and activities; late work sessions or activities that interfere with scholastic activities and/or normal sleeping hours; forced consumption of alcohol; falsely leading an individual or individuals to believe that they will be inducted/initiated by participating in particular activities; and forcing individuals to participate in activities that are not consistent with the University’s mission, rules, regulations, and policies or federal, state, or local law. Alcohol is not permitted at any recruitment or new member/pledge activity. Acceptance of an activity on the part of a new member or individual does not justify participation in or sponsorship of the activity.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I can't believe they would cancel a whole season over this. I don't know. To me it doesn't look like there too much going on in these pictures. Maybe the powers that be could arrange a meeting between the Northwestern soccer team and the Duke lacrosse team. What could go wrong?

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye
    I can't believe they would cancel a whole season over this. I don't know. To me it doesn't look like there too much going on in these pictures. Maybe the powers that be could arrange a meeting between the Northwestern soccer team and the Duke lacrosse team. What could go wrong?
    I know what you mean man..

..I hear ya..