Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

08.10.15 @ 12:03 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default To anyone that went to Cabo Wabo

A friend of mine is going to Cabo for a mini vacation.
    I want him to pick me up some items.

1 quesition in general..

Is the tequila sold at Cabo Wabo the same stuff they import to the US ?
    Where should I buy the tequila from, the Duty Free shop or Cabo, I ask this because I am a cheap bastard.

Many thanks....

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

It's been 5 years since I was down there but I DO know the Cabo they sell at the Cantina IS the same stuff they sell over here, and it IS quite a bit cheaper...or it was 5 years ago anyway...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

08.21.14 @ 01:17 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Yep...same stuff is sold at the Waboutique at the Cantina...i've found it to be the cheapest there as well...i was just there in February and paid less than i've ever seen it at a liquor store...
    ...and in the end, on dreams we will depend...

VH Shows: 18
    Dave Solo Shows: 9
    Sam Solo Shows: 14
    Chickenfoot Shows: 2

The CABO count...my trips to Baja:
    Jan. 2001
    Apr. 2004
    Jan. 2006
    April 2009
    Sept 2013
    May 2014

Last Online

05.11.13 @ 08:52 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was down for the b-day bash last October.

Did some checking around at different liquor stores and supermarkets around town and figured out that you're safe sticking with buying it directly from the Cabo Wabo store. Prices vary here and there by a few pesos but the price at CW was about the cheapest I could find.

For sure it's the real stuff.

I can't quite recall but I think the Reposado is selling for about USD 35. If you want the Anejo it's maybe USD 5 or 10 more expensive.

it's not a good idea to wait until you get to the airport upon departure.....everything there is a ripoff

cheers
    We Belong, in a world that MUST be strong!
    --------------
    54 40 x 3, Aaron Kwok, AC/DC, Aerosmith x 2, Andy Lau, Black Crowes, Bon Jovi x 4, Bryan Adams x 3, David Lee Roth, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Don Henley, Duran Duran, Eagles, Franz Ferdinand, Genesis, Guns n' Roses, INXS x 2, Jacky Cheung, Jeff Healey, Jet, Kim Mitchell, Linkin Park, Metallica, Michael Learns to Rock, No Doubt, Oasis, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam x 2, Pink Floyd, Queensryche, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Robbie Williams, Rod Stewart, Rolling Stones x 3, Rush, Sammi Cheng x 4, Sammy Hagar x 4, Scorpions, Steve Vai, Tom Cochrane, Tragically Hip x 2, U2 x 2, Van Halen x 8, The Who, Zhang Hui Mei (A*Mei) x 3

Favorite VH Album

For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

09.07.06 @ 10:26 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Question: How difficult is it to get into the Birthday Bash? I am planning a trip down there, when I get back from Iraq. I little present to myself, I think I've earned it. Anyway, I am trying for the Birthday Bash, and just wanted to know what my chances were of getting in.
    Come on baby(Van Halen), Finish What Ya Started. I'm incomplete!!!!!

One out of every four people is mentally disturbed. Look at your three best friends, if they all seem O.K. then it's you.

Growing old is a requirement. Growing up is an option!

Why am I a pessimist? 'Cause I'm either always proven right, or at least pleasantly surprised.

A friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, "Dude, that was freakin' AWESOME!"

lance.freeman1@us.army.mil
    sirlancelot2112@hotmail.com

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, and one more question: Which hotel would y'all recommend? I've been looking at several, and I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

One out of every four people is mentally disturbed. Look at your three best friends, if they all seem O.K. then it's you.

Why am I a pessimist? 'Cause I'm either always proven right, or at least pleasantly surprised.

A friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, "Dude, that was freakin' AWESOME!"

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Lance
    Question: How difficult is it to get into the Birthday Bash? I am planning a trip down there, when I get back from Iraq. I little present to myself, I think I've earned it. Anyway, I am trying for the Birthday Bash, and just wanted to know what my chances were of getting in.
    lance...your chances are pretty good if you're up to spending the night on the street with all the other die-hard "Redheads" in line for tickets to go on sale the following morning. They are sold and handed out for the day of the show only. Most people party at the cantina and then get in line when it closes in the wee hours of the morning. However, Sammy played every other night for about two weeks this year, so I don't know if the lines were as bad as years passed.

My recommendations for hotels are (esp. if you want a great deal and want to be in town) Bungalows Breakfast Inn, Mar de Cortez, or Los Milagros. They're not on the beach but are reasonable and nice (Mar de Cortez is more "Mexico" and bare bones but it's clean and has a very nice pool...rates are around $55/night---however you have to book months in advance b/c it books early for the Birthday Bash...it's Redhead central and stumbling distance to the Cabo Wabo). If you want something on the beach, I would suggest the Melia San Lucas, Pueblo Bonito Rose or PB Los Cabos, which are on the main beach in town. They're much more expensive, but if being on thee beach is important to you, than those are good bets.

Just so you know (in case you don't want to carry it around all week), there's a tequila store at the airport that has CW and a lot of Sammy and CW items (it's before the security check so it's not duty-free). I believe it's the same price as at the cantina (which is about $35USD). I don't ever buy it in Cabo and we go every year. It's only $15 more here in Texas, so I don't bother with it. They do not sell Cabo Wabo at the duty-free store (at least they haven't in the past 5 years we've been down there).

Have a great time!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was there in October of '97 and October of '05. Same tequila as up here, just costs a little less down there.

B-Day Bash - The olden days ('97) it was CAKE. We waited in a line that was about 100 feet long and that was about it. Took maybe an hour or 2 to get tickets. Went to every show he played while I was down there. When I was down there this past October ('05), it was a train wreck. Too many people now. We slept on the streets one night (first night of our honeymoon - I still get in trouble for that). Then in the morning, I'd say about 9-ish, there were all these people coming up to the locals who waited in line. The locals would sell the spot in front of them, over and over again. We buddied up with some people we met in line. We were 2 peole away from them all night. By the time we got our tickets, there were at least 20 people between us. People that pay $100 for that spot in line in front of you, then they look at you, you are all sweaty, bad breath and tired, while they spent the night partying somehwere else, got some sleep, shower and breakfast, I wanted to kill them. What a bunch of dirt bags. Even back in '97, the Hagar fans were tight and wouldn't have done that. Not any more. Really pissed me off. So goes society.

Well, by the end of the week, they stopped letting people stay all night.

I was there while Sam played 4 shows and I got in to 2. Played one with just Mikey, Lauser and Vic (The Other Half) that was kind of unannounced. One of the top 4 shows I've ever seen.

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everybody, thanks for the tips. I am really getting stoked about this trip. I am planning on being down there all week, so I really hope that we can get in. I am fully prepared to sleep on the street, if needs be. Now I just need to get the hell out of Iraq.

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

02.27.16 @ 05:52 AM
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I was down there in Sept 2003. My wife and I stayed at the El Presidente in San Jose Del Cabo. It is a real nice place and the food was excellent. The people that worked there were also extremely nice. But, it is about 20 minutes from Cabo San Lucas. If you want the real party scene, Cabo San Lucas is the better choice. If you want a relaxing vacation at a real nice resort still within driving distance to the Cantina, the El Presidente is the answer.

Favorite VH Album

1984/VH/Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/PCTS/Panama
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 01:27 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey Chet..., ' nice to read you again my friend.

I can't believe that I still didn't taste the Cabo Wabo tequila yet.

Eruption
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 03:51 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry, I didn't post where I've stayed down there.

In '97 I stayed at La Finistera. Nice. It wasn't an all-inlcusive back then, but I heard that it is now (not for sure on that though). It is on the south side of the bay.

In Oct. '05, we stayed at the Costa Real. It is the HUGE hotel in the marina of the bay. It is an all-inclusive. I'd give it a 3 out of 5 because how often are you really going to be there except for the pool and booze? It is less than 3 blocks from the Cabo Wabo. I'd recommend it on somewhat of a budget. Not dirt cheap, but for the money, it's worth it. One MAJOR positive note in my opinion about staying there is location (probably the highest positive). We NEVER had to get in a cab, which meant no cab fare and no tips. The food was mediocre (but that is typical for al-inclusives). The booze was solid as far as the variety you had to choose from. For example, for 7 days and flying in from St. Louis, we paid $1,100 a head. Probably not the best deal ever, but it was also about $350-$400 a head cheaper than anywhere else. That way we could use that extra money towards eating out at other places while we were there. Gotta sample the local cuisine. Funny thing is, the small side shops are probably better than the upper-class restaurants there as far as taste. Although I will say the Cabo Wabo restaurant was the best place I ate down there (not just because of who owns it).

Good luck and get the hell out of Iraq quickly and safely. I'll say a prayer for you.

Have a great time. YOU HAVE TO RENT ATVs AND RUN THEM ON THE BEACH DOWN THERE!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN OR DONE!

"F" THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

05.15.16 @ 09:07 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Tequila

QUOTE=punk5150;596891]A friend of mine is going to Cabo for a mini vacation.
    I want him to pick me up some items.

I just can't see them allowing the tequila back with all the plane restictions. I was lucky enough to buy some in the mid 90s. My first bottle was from 96 and I bought one every time I went back through 98. There is very little about the tequlia online (at least the ones I got). I was actually going to help with photos of the ones I got (all unopen and perfect). I need to do that still. My first Cabo Wabo was a brown bottle, a cool ceramic that Sammy signed for me, a cool clear bottle, some minis and some later known bottles. These were all handblown versions not the retail versions. They were made for the club at that time before they got sold worldwide. They were cool momentos from a great time of music for me.

Brent

Good Enough
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

06.19.15 @ 04:34 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Tequila & Walmart!!!

I was down there a little over a year ago for my honeymoon. They let us bring back 4 bottles of booze per person through customs. If you're serious about good tequila, make sure you have your friend bring back at least one bottle of Sauza 100 Years. They do not sell it in the states, or at least not here on the east coast. It cost about $11 USD per bottle and is the shit! Super smooth, comparable to Cabo and I'm not saying that because of the price difference.

Tell your friend to forget the liquor stores. Just as you get into town there's a Walmart with an entire food and liquor section. We were there for two weeks last year and hit Walmart several times to stock up. Cheapest prices around! We had a car. But you can walk there from town or take a cab for less that $10.

Funny, my wife and I were just talking this morning about going back in the Spring...
    http://www.myspace.com/pennydreadfulnj

“…and that’s when I learned that waterskiing and Quaaludes do not mix.”

- Dewey Cox

Favorite VH Album

Fair Wairning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

12.20.12 @ 04:19 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was there in 96 and 2007.....You want to stay right in Cabo (RIU palace or sante fe are great and 5min from town).....Buy the dinner pkg for $60 at the Cabo Wabo (Gets you in early and dinner at the club)...Better than sleeping in the streets...... Bottoms up !
    [/SIGPIC]See Ya Derek !....5150canuck