F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 05:57 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Default Immigration walkout rally today

This should start some interesting conversation.

What is everyone's thoughts on this? I say ship all the illegals back. If you want to come to this country, fine, but do it legally.

Millions expected to join walkout
    Organizers predict unprecedented rallies to support immigrants

Monday, May 1, 2006; Posted: 8:29 a.m. EDT (12:29 GMT)
    WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Organizers predict unprecedented participation in Monday's rallies against a proposed crackdown on illegal immigration, with millions expected to boycott jobs, schools and businesses as a way to show the economic power of immigrants.

"It will be tens of millions from coast to coast, from Los Angeles to New York," said Javier Rodriguez, a spokesman for the March 25 Coalition.

"You can expect L.A. to be at a standstill almost totally. You will not have truckers. You will not have taxi drivers, garment workers, hotel workers, restaurant workers -- half of the teacher force will not be going to school." (Watch activists predict huge turnouts -- 1:27)

The demonstrations, dubbed "A Day Without Immigrants," follow previous rallies that drew crowds estimated in the hundreds of thousands in Los Angeles, California, and Dallas, Texas. Other cities, including Atlanta, Georgia; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; and Phoenix, Arizona, saw tens of thousands of people turn out for such protests.

But Monday's events will be unprecedented in their scope, said Nativo Lopez, president of the Mexican-American Political Association.

"We're going to see something that's never occurred in the history of this United States -- a day in which immigrants withhold their labor, withhold their consuming power -- they don't go to school, they don't go shopping, they don't go selling," Lopez said.

About 7.2 million illegal immigrants hold jobs in the United States, making up 4.9 percent of the overall labor force, according to a recent study by the Pew Hispanic Center. Undocumented workers make up 24 percent of farmworkers and hold 14 percent of construction jobs, the study found.

Other estimates put the number of illegal immigrants in the United States at more than 11 million.

The protests began in March in opposition to a congressional bill that would make felons of illegal immigrants and wall off more than a third of the 2,000-mile U.S.-Mexican border. The bill passed the House of Representatives in December but has stalled in the Senate.

Sen. Trent Lott warned Sunday that the planned demonstrations could undercut senators trying to find a middle ground.

"I do think that these big demonstrations are counterproductive, and they hurt with a guy like me, who is trying to look at this in a way that is responsible," the Mississippi Republican told CNN's "Late Edition With Wolf Blitzer."

Even some of those who supported the earlier protests have called for caution in Monday's rallies. Cardinal Roger Mahony of Los Angeles and Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa last week urged parents not to let their children leave school for the demonstrations. Some immigrant groups have warned workers not to take part if it would cost them their jobs. (Watch the debate on the merits of a boycott -- 2:08)

But Christine Neumann Ortiz, who helped organize an earlier Milwaukee protest, said she has seen increased support for immigrants since the earlier demonstrations.

"Particularly, the business community and the African-American and Asian community have really, actually stepped forward this time in a way that they didn't just a couple of months ago," she said.

Ortiz said the House bill would pave the way for "a permanent criminalized underclass" and that any guest-worker plan that did not provide an opportunity for U.S. citizenship "would be a step backward."

Divisive issue among GOP
    The immigration debate has split Republicans as midterm elections approach. President Bush, taking great pains to woo Latino voters to the GOP, has called for a guest-worker program and a way to legalize the status of people in the United States illegally.

"It's a very emotional issue," Josh Bolten, the new White House chief of staff, told "Fox News Sunday."

"There are ways to solve the enormous illegal immigration problem that we have in this country. But I think only if we tone down the very emotional rhetoric on both sides of it and come to some consensus position in the middle."

A bipartisan measure backed by Sens. John McCain, R-Arizona, and Edward Kennedy, D-Massachusetts, would include the proposals Bush has advanced.

"What we're talking about is getting folks out of the shadows and on a path to legality," said Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-California. "And then getting them in line behind others that came before -- but not punishing them and putting them in jail, as the House bill would do."

Critics have denounced any legalization plan as "amnesty" and vowed to oppose it.

A compromise Senate bill backed by Republican Sens. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska and Mel Martinez of Florida would make the legalization process tougher for illegal immigrants who have been in the country less than five years.

But the bill stalled when Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid objected to Majority Leader Bill Frist's decision to let Republican senators offer amendments to the measure.
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

This is nothing more than racism directed towards white America. That's what I get when I see these ignorant motherfuckers.

Once again though, it is not all the fault of the illegal workers. There wouldn't be any illegal labor if there weren't any companies willing to hire them.

Cobalt Boats, where my sister works is a good example. There is a guy that has worked with my sister that is here from Mexico. He worked there for a while, got deported, came back under a different name, was charged with attempted murder, got deported again, and is now coming back under yet another name. Without the willingness of the company to hire him, this wouldn't be an issue. These companies need to be subject to huge fines and the fines need to be enforced. That's the way I see it.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Good Enough namedmydaughterHALEN's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

vh II OR balance
    Favorite VH Song

damn near all of them!
    Last Online

04.19.17 @ 04:47 AM
    Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

send the border patrol to every rally and round them up....shooting fish in a barrel.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

My paternal Grandfather was an illegal. He was also a millionaire, and no one had any problem with him coming here. Of course he kept $300k in his safe in a downtown L.A. bar he owned in case someone needed to see his 'papers'.

White Americans have stopped producing large families. Mexicans still have lots of children. Do the math people. Soon the 'majority' may ask you to leave. Viva la rasa!

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

...so that's why my car is not getting washed today...so it should come as no surprise when my lawn is not cut either...

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Liked 4,800 Times in 2,450 Posts

Premium Member

Yes the caucasion race will be gone in a couple hundred years. Read Death of the West by Pat Buchannan. He is a nitwit most of the time but this book pretty much spells the demise of Europe and the United States.

Personally I would get a bunch of semi's and load all these protesters in there. I hope that the majority of them find that they have no jobs tomorrow.

Bastards.

How much revenue from the cities have these protesters stolen by marching? You would think that in cities such as Houston, Dallas, NY, Chicago, etc, the money would be better off in the school systems. Nope. Lets give it to the police for riot control.

Johnny is using 20 year text books but we can't buy more because we have to have 200 policemen on overtime.

Jackasses.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Outta love again, Humans Being
    Last Online

12.14.12 @ 08:13 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well.....I have only 5 students out today from a school that is 95 percent Latino, so thats pretty damn good for my class. Just talked to my partner and she is missing 8 students, and 3 of them I am certainly glad they won't be here today.

Sounds like a great day to me! And yeah, I'm Mexican and I came to work today! I understand both sides of course. Something needs to be done beause a large part of California's ecconony is dependent upon illegal immigrants, yet hiring them is ok, but sneaking across the border to work is not

All I know is....as soon as the U.S. is attacked by some terrorist bastard who came across the Mexican border, then we'll see a giant wall or fence be erected. Wait and see...
    If you shake my hand better count your fingers - Mustaine

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I can't stand this issue. If they think it is so bad here than go back to that wonderful country where you came from. I will go out and shop today just out of spite. I guess many resturants will have a problem if the wetback dishwashers don't show up. Oh yeah I say wetback because one of the slogans I heard on the morning news is "Boycott Gringos and Gringo Products". If you want to live in the greatest nation in the world than pay taxes and obey the law like all good americans. Oh yeah and you need to purchase Van Halen 1.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 1,481 Times in 903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman
    I can't stand this issue. If they think it is so bad here than go back to that wonderful country where you came from. I will go out and shop today just out of spite. I guess many resturants will have a problem if the wetback dishwashers don't show up. Oh yeah I say wetback because one of the slogans I heard on the morning news is "Boycott Gringos and Gringo Products". If you want to live in the greatest nation in the world than pay taxes and obey the law like all good americans. Oh yeah and you need to purchase Van Halen 1.
    That is the important thing. Purchasing Van Halen!!!

If you want to live, there are rules. Follow them.
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

you know....somewhere down the line in my families history someone had to have come across the border. My wife's family was born in Mexico, and honestly I'm not sure how they got here???? But they do not speak English....I don't ask many questions about that.

Having said that....I know this is a heated debate and opinions run high....it would be nice if we at the VH boards would refrain from using words like "wetback" even if the demonstrators are saying rude and ignorant statements. How about we not bring ourselves to that level. Just a thought, I don't really take offense, but I do have loved ones who might.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by valdez44
    it would be nice if we at the VH boards would refrain from using words like "wetback"
    Yes, it would.

Favorite VH Album

Complete Zero
    Favorite VH Song

Lets Get Rockin
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 03:10 AM
    Liked 1,861 Times in 730 Posts

Donor

I'm sorry if I offended you but I still think that any immigrant should follow the rules of this nation. Live here legally and appreciate every day that you were allowed to live here. And you better know the words to Van Halen 1. That should be your anthem.
    I used to jog but the ice cubes kept falling out of my glass.

Last Online

07.24.15 @ 10:25 PM
    Liked 10 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

Funny thing is that alot of them do pay taxes. It is not always their real name though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning, and 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sickman
    I'm sorry if I offended you but I still think that any immigrant should follow the rules of this nation. Live here legally and appreciate every day that you were allowed to live here. And you better know the words to Van Halen 1. That should be your anthem.
    Don't sweat it.....not offended at all, I understand people's opinions on the debate...just like this place without the references to any slang terms regarding race.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo
    That is the important thing. Purchasing Van Halen!!!

If you want to live, there are rules. Follow them.

Amen to that. They must also familiarize themselves with the melodic sounds of Eruption.

btw - I agree with Zeo, obey the laws the way the rest of us gotta do or get out.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One