Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts

Default Mexico poised to allow small amounts of drugs

Wow this is HUGE!!! Tourism in Mexico will skyrocket!

MEXICO CITY - Mexico’s Congress approved a bill Friday decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine and heroin for personal use — a measure sure to raise questions in Washington about Mexico’s commitment to the war on drugs.

The only step remaining was the signature of the president, whose office indicated he would sign it.

Mexican officials hope the law will help police focus on large-scale trafficking operations, rather than minor drug busts. The bill also stiffens penalties for trafficking and possession of drugs — even small quantities — by government employees or near schools, and maintains criminal penalties for drug sales.
    The Bush administration had no immediate reaction.

The bill, passed by Mexico’s Senate on a 53-26 vote with one abstention, had already been approved in the lower house of Congress and was sent to the desk of President Vicente Fox for his signature.

“This law gives police and prosecutors better legal tools to combat drug crimes that do so much damage to our youth and children,” presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said.

The bill says criminal charges will no longer be brought for possession of up to 25 milligrams of heroin, five grams of marijuana (about one-fifth of an ounce, or about four joints), and half a gram of cocaine — about half the standard street-size quantity, which is enough for several lines of the drug.

Array of other drugs allowed
    “No charges will be brought against ... addicts or consumers who are found in possession of any narcotic for personal use,” according to the Senate bill, which also lays out allowable quantities for a large array of other drugs, including LSD, MDA, ecstasy — about two pills’ worth, — and amphetamines.

Some of the amounts are eye-popping: Mexicans would be allowed to possess 2.2 pounds of peyote, the button-sized hallucinogenic cactus used in some native Indian religious ceremonies.

Mexican law now leaves open the possibility of dropping charges against people caught with drugs if they are considered addicts and if “the amount is the quantity necessary for personal use.” But the exemption isn’t automatic.

The new bill drops the “addict” requirement — automatically allowing any “consumers” to have drugs — and sets out specific allowable quantities.

Sale of all drugs would remain illegal under the proposed law, unlike the Netherlands, where the sale of marijuana for medical use is legal and it can be bought with a prescription in pharmacies.

While Dutch authorities look the other way regarding the open sale of cannabis in designated coffee shops — something Mexican police seem unlikely to do — the Dutch have zero tolerance for heroin and cocaine. In both countries, commercial growing of marijuana is outlawed.

The effects could be significant, given that Mexico is rapidly becoming a drug-consuming nation as well as a shipment point for traffickers, and given the number of U.S. students who flock to border cities or resorts like Cancun and Acapulco on vacation.

“This is going to increase addictions in Mexico,” said Ulisis Bon, a drug treatment expert in Tijuana, where heroin use is rampant. “A lot of Americans already come here to buy medications they can’t get up there ... Just imagine, with heroin.”
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Last Online

08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts

Donor

All i can say is I wish we would fight our war on drugs more effectively than we are. All they need to do is infiltrate every restaurant and bar in America and that would be half the battle right there...
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool, does anybody have an English version of of their national anthem?

I wonder how their cops are going to make money since they won't be able to shake people down by planting pot on the touristas?
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Favorite VH Album

CVH minus DD, FUCK, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

11.18.14 @ 07:57 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Cool; unfortunately, it's in Mexico.
    "Suck a fat one, faggot."
    -MikeL, showing off that sharp wit of his.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

-Derrick Jensen, "What We Leave Behind"

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

-the late, great, Bill Hicks

Favorite VH Album

Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

I'm the one
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 10:48 AM
    Liked 257 Times in 92 Posts

Donor

I don't see where they aren't helping the war on drugs at all. You take the criminal aspect out of trafficing and usage and the bottom falls out with no easy money to be made. Shit, they might as well get real jobs at that point.
    sheepa latta peepah dabba looka foh a moopy

Gunter glieben glauchen globen

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Panama
    Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Off topic a bit, but all I know is what I see with my own eyes and I trust them. I don't give a shit about statistics or anything like that. Drugs are EVERYWHERE. For all the bantering the politicians and the law enforcement do, they don't touch the surface of what is really out there.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Wow! I can just see the influx of Americans heading down there and becoming Mexican citizens, just so they can have their pot and smoke it too. It's just another ploy by the Mexican government to overthrow the U.S.

At this point, I just don't fucking care. If people are dumb enough to do the shit, just let them do it.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Wow! I can just see the influx of Americans heading down there and becoming Mexican citizens
    Return the favor!
    Last edited by janthraxx; 04.29.06 at 09:43 AM.

"You may recognize some of these chemicals. Let's start with cyanide...The one the Aum Shinrikyo cult attempted to use to commit mass murder in a Tokyo subway in May 1995...The same cyanide produced routinely--1.4 million tons per year--for use in the production of plastics, adhesives, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. It seems that those who put small amounts of cyanide in subways are terrorists. But those who produce it in mass quantities and contaminate broad reaches of soil, water, and air, killing countless living beings, are not terrorists, but rather capitalists, and are counted among the finest and most powerful people on the planet."

"You know what's weird to me is Christians who are against the death penalty. After all, if it weren't for the death penalty, we wouldn't celebrate Easter!"

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.18.17 @ 08:39 AM
    Liked 85 Times in 36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Wow! I can just see the influx of Americans heading down there and becoming Mexican citizens, just so they can have their pot and smoke it too. It's just another ploy by the Mexican government to overthrow the U.S.

At this point, I just don't fucking care. If people are dumb enough to do the shit, just let them do it.

Personally I think Pot should be legal. Sell it in liquor stores, tax the shit out of it. Same rules that apply to liquor would apply to weed.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being, 5150
    Last Online

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    Personally I think Pot should be legal. Sell it in liquor stores, tax the shit out of it. Same rules that apply to liquor would apply to weed.
    Yeah, but then people would still buy it illegally :/

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Voodoo Queen
    Last Online

09.01.07 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Default Mexican President Vicente Fox refuses to sign !

Mexican President Vicente Fox refused to sign a drug decriminalization bill Wednesday

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...ico-drugs.html

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The US should be so smart. I'd much rather have someone who is high driving a car than someone drinking. Alcohol is so much worse than pot. If we decriminalize it, we could spend the money saved from our prison system to get people some help. Not to say everyone can be rehabilitated but in my mind, it's money that is better spent than a pothead sitting in jail for possession.

As for people still growing it illegally, so what. People have home breweries and stills but if you want the good stuff, you buy it from the government. This would probably be the same. It's been said medical pot is above and beyond anything you can buy on the street.

Sinner's Swing! chewbaccamonkeylunch's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning and Balance (Tie)
    Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights (LWAN)
    Last Online

02.16.16 @ 06:50 AM
    Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Donor

small amounts of drugs are good. large amounts are ok too, as long as they are not consumed all at once.
    The trashman was my hero.......
    -Seenbad

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Favorite VH Album

All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

"¡Todos debe conseguir empedrada!" - Roberto Dylan
    Eat Us And Smile

Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

"What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14