Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Good Enough
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 12:26 PM
    Liked 37 Times in 19 Posts

Default A little Gov't Mule for your listening and viewing pleasure

Do yourself a favor and check out this video of the great Gov't Mule.....You will quickly understand why myself and a few others on this website really, really dig these guys......Warren is amazing. See for yourselves...

Good Enough
    Last Online

And here's a little Thorazine Shuffle as well as Lola Leave your light on for you......By the way, these were filmed on last Spring's tour of Europe...Pretty good quality except for a few skips here and there. I'm seeing the 'Mule this Sunday night in Good ole Utica, NY......Scroll down a bit on this link and you'll see a few more tender morsels!

Last edited by chain; 04.27.06 at 04:53 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance-F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

01.06.08 @ 04:22 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I watched the first clip, and that kicked ass!! Warren is definately a great player and musician. I love having the organ in there, mixed with the funky drummer too. Overall this band is super talented and has a ton of soul.

Good Enough
    Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by Van Murphenstein
    I watched the first clip, and that kicked ass!! Warren is definately a great player and musician. I love having the organ in there, mixed with the funky drummer too. Overall this band is super talented and has a ton of soul.

The thing about Warren, and the whole band for that matter, is they are actually very diverse. Warren sounds much much different in the Allman Brothers, and Phil Lesh and Friends. He can play any style from rock, country, blues, jazz, even beautiful accoustic stuff. He's become my favorite guitarist and musician. He's a prolific writer, arranger, producer, guitarist, and singer. He's the total package. Also, Matt Abts is an incredible drummer, in my opinion, the best single drummer I've ever seen. The 'Mule in these videos is also a bit different from when Allen Woody was still alive and in the band. At the time of his passing they were just beginning to move away from the original three piece idea and incorporate the organ, keyboards, etc....The "New" Mule is different, but blazing some new ground. Their newest CD is coming out this August and is titled "High and Mighty." If you ever get the chance to see these guys, don't pass it up! Also, they're very fan friendly, and easily accessible at their shows......
    Last edited by chain; 04.28.06 at 03:07 AM.