Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Sprint won't let G.I. in Iraq cancel service

Federal law allows for soldiers called to active duty to get out of a lease on a house, apartment or car within 30 days. Against the all-mighty telecoms, even Uncle Sam is helpless, though. Our fighting men and women still have to pay their cell phone bills.

Pfc. Dane Gabrielson, a 25-year-old member of the Wisconsin National Guard, shipped out to Iraq a year ago, leaving behind a Sprint cell phone and a $68-a-month bill. Ever since then Dane's mother, Tamara Harris, has been begging Sprint to cancel or suspend his service, but to no avail.

"Dane is over there risking his neck, and he shouldn't have to deal with a cell phone company," Harris said.

Gabrielson may finally getting some help from his local legislature. Republicans Representative Mark Gundrum and Senator Ron Brown are working to pass a law that would make relief possible.

"These guys are going over to Iraq . . . and we've got them worried about how much they're paying for their cell phones," Gundrum said.
    As is always the case when Sprint gets caught doing something so indefensibly wrong, Sprint's spokesman John Taylor insists that Gabrielson is the "exception and not the rule." He the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that the company would be contacting the soldier's family.

Telecom lobbyist Chris LaRowe offered a similar line.
    "We're not saying we're perfect," LaRowe said. "We're confident it's a case of the right people not talking to each other."

However, LaRowe says that while his his people support the proposed bill in principle, they have a small problem with it as it's written currently. They're unhappy with the provision that requires phone companies to cover the legal fees of anyone who has to hire a lawyer to get a phone cancelled.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

scary part is...I sold sprint phones for nine years....for the most part, it's true. We live in a town with an Air Force base. We had people coming in all the time for deployment, saying "What do I do" and we'd call sprint (knowing the answer was going to be the same every time) and they'd say "tell the customer to put an authorized user on the account so THEY can pay the bill. No joke. And I've seen the lawywers get involved too, worthless. It's a legally binding contract, and it's...well...binding. Now in all my time selling phones, I've sold Sprint, Alltel, Verizon, T-Mobile, Nextel, Southern Linc and Cingular. The ONLY one that is THAT way...is Sprint....NEXTEL lets you suspend the account for two dollars a month while you're gone, provided the proper paperwork is documented, and THEYRE OWNED BY THE SAME COMPANY AS SPRINT. Go figure.

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

Humans Being
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:17 AM
    Liked 40 Times in 29 Posts

Donor

Wow.... This makes me so proud to be a Sprint customer. :
    "What we are dealing with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law" - Jackie Gleason, Smokey and the Bandit

www.geocaching.com - The site where you are the search engine.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 12:17 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Sprint should ashamed of themselves.

Note to self - dont do buisness with SPRINT!!
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Hear About It Later
    Last Online

06.12.17 @ 10:40 AM
    Liked 73 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

I love the part where the guy says "this is a case of the right people not talking to each other." He must have forgotten the fact that Sprint customer service is trained to give people the runaround. I agree they should be ashamed of themselves. The true meaning of customer service is lost on that company.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh what's worse....is it's not just sprint. It's the entire company. Fact you might not know, several MAJOR companies outsource their customer service. DirecTV, At&T, and Sprint (among others) are all outsourced to a company called Convergys (of which I worked for the DirecTV side of it for two years). You're right. We were TRAINED to be that way. (I dont work there anymore)

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

You might want to call Sprint on this. I just spoke to them Tuesday morning. They offered me a $120 credit if I would switch to a new plan. I said I was military and did not want to commit to 2 year since I could be sent overseas next year. They said I could do a military contract. They would keep my number for me and I wouldn't have to pay. I even mentioned it to a co-worker. Said they did it for his brother in the military.

I plan on looking into it at the Sprint Store here in town this weekend. I have always had good luck with them.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top