Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Default What Does The Future Hold?

On Friday morning, April 21, 2006, we witnessed the last broadcast of David Lee Roth's radio show. He seemed comfortable to me, and I really thought it was great what he was doing...as long as he was happy, and towards the end, its almost as if network execs, as well as Dave himself, were trying to get him fired. The least they could do was give him decent air time to announce his leave, and not embarrass him by hiring two people who were fired to years ago by the same company and air his old commercials. To me, that puts a huge mark of shame on the CBS company.

So now Dave is free. It's obvious music would probably not be the first thing on his mind, as he is David Lee Roth, and does whatever he feels like, and at this point I don't see music being at the top of his list. But, I can be wrong, and let us just say it is...

Dave has numerous possibilities on what he can do. He can do the solo act, have as much fun as he did before the radio gig, possibly going back into the studio to do a new record (enough of "Strummin' With The Devil") that really kicks some ass! He can get the old band together (meaning his 2005 tour band) and do a tour, stopping off at the same locations as usual.

Ah yes, a great idea, right? Well, that's not the idea that's on everyone's mind. Let me explain, as this has been on my mind as well:

Dave can call Eddie. I believe that he was bullshitin' when he said he called Eddie two months ago. But his option is to call Eddie, attempt to kiss and make up with the brothers, record an album, embark on a world tour, and CVH will rock the nation yet again. But there are roadblocks that make this idea seem impossible. For one thing, Eddie needs to clean up his act. He messed up with Sammy, who is no longer willing to try without assurance things are alright. Dave is actually willing to make up, and if Eddie can get past the ego and drinking again, that's one step to recovery. Another is for the brothers to apologize Mike Anthony for treating him like a dog. Dave would not do a VH project without Mikey, and that's now clear after all the great things he said about Mike on his show. No Mike, no deal. And its extra difficult for anything to happen anytime soon in that respect with Mike on tour with Hagar right now. Third thing is to just forget the past. Sure no fan will, and its really difficult to turn away from, but if these guys can keep their shit together and realize they need to get along for success (for an example, see "Me Wise Magic"). If these three steps can be made, the band can reunite, release an album full of brand new music, and embark on a kickass, probably farewell, tour. BUT, thats IF the steps can be made, and I doubt that would happen anytime soon.

So, now comes the question. What do you believe the future for David Lee Roth holds? Will he stay solo? Will he call up Eddie with good results? Or will he just sit back and relax for six months or so, exploring other ideas, doing whatever he wants to do, unrelated to music? At this point, anything goes for him. So what do you think? Discuss.
    Last edited by ZachenFoot; 04.22.06 at 08:31 PM.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 10:31 PM
    Liked 1,612 Times in 992 Posts

Donor

ARMBI.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

If its Eddie, its Van Halen
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 06:20 PM
    Liked 527 Times in 242 Posts

Default What the future holds?

1. Sam and Mike will go out on tour this summer, Sam will play his new album and other classic Sam stuff.
    Mike will join Sam for "The Other Half" set and they will play the same Van Hagar songs they always have and throw in a couple of Dave tunes with Mike singing lead and at some point Sam will make some sort of comment bashing Dave and Eddie.
    That comment will spill over into a 22 page thread here in main VH discussion where the Sam haters will call him fat and stuff and the Sam lovers will call Eddie a drunk thats wasting his talents away.

2. More speculation over the future of Van Halen will come to an end when its officially announced around September that Dave is back and that they are working on finishing a new album and plan to release it in the spring an dthen embark on on a major tour of the world.

3. Around the same time the "Dave's back" announcement happens, Van Halen will be announced as one of the bands to be inducted in the 2007 class of the HOF.

4. Dave has a jealous fit during HOF performance rehearsal over Sammy singing "Top of the World". Dave doesn't like the idea of the band playing "JUMP" and as the fadeout is played they rip into "TOP OF THE WORLD" and out walks Sammy. But Dave finally goes along with it.

5. During the actual HOF performance, Dave is dancing around during "Top of the World" and does his spinning leg kick and connects with Sammy's nose and blood gushes all over his face, the band then rips into "UNCHAINED" and Sam leaves to get some medical help and Dave steals the show.
    After the show during the press conference, Mike cries like a bitch because of Sammy's injury.

6. Band has a record breaking world tour and decide finally release a full length live album and dvd with Dave, the dvd turns out to be a double dvd with second disc containing the entire 1981 Oakland show.

Thats what I think the future holds.
    Last edited by Eddymon; 04.22.06 at 08:56 PM.
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

BTW,
    I think you should change your username to VHrocks 2007
    'Old Van Halen, when I was in it-classic Van Halen-makes you wanna drink, dance and screw, right? And the new Van Halen encourages you to drink milk, drive a Nissan and have a relationship.' - David Lee Roth.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

07.09.11 @ 09:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If Dave returned, Mike most likely will not participate unless it's a farewell one-off type of deal. Other obstacles I'm sure that would prevent this from happening would be legal technicality disagreements with lawyers from both camps, like in 2000.
    Bobby Cohn: Who's going to be at Waynestock?
    Wayne Campbell: Um, uh...Aerosmith & Pearl Jam!
    Garth Algar: Ha ha ha ha ho!
    Bobby: Who else?
    Garth: Uh, me...and...and Wayne...
    Wayne: ...and uh...VAN HALEN!!!
    Garth: Wow. Van Halen. Who else?
    Bobby: Yeah, who else?
    Wayne: Uh, an old man fashioning a kayak out of a log?

- Wayne's World 2

"God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams

"Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential." - Winston Churchill

Last Online

03.03.15 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

Eh, who cares?

Favorite VH Album

all of them
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    Eh, who cares?
    I think just about everybody that posts here or just lurks. Thats who.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

The best work of all the individuals involved is long past. What are they going to do in the future? Whatever they want. It doesn't have to make sense. There's not going to be much logic to it. They're all multi-millionaires approaching the ends of their active lives.

Dave's radio show being flushed doesn't mean anything will happen. If I were EVH, I'd view the whole thing as DLR wanting to hog the spotlight one more time and being unable to work with others. That's if he thinks of it at all. Somehow I'd bet that Dave's firing isn't really something Eddie notices, thinks about, or cares about.

Enjoy what we've got, and expect very little from the future. That's been the lesson of the last seven years.

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MikeL
    The best work of all the individuals involved is long past. What are they going to do in the future? Whatever they want. It doesn't have to make sense. There's not going to be much logic to it. They're all multi-millionaires approaching the ends of their active lives.

Dave's radio show being flushed doesn't mean anything will happen. If I were EVH, I'd view the whole thing as DLR wanting to hog the spotlight one more time and being unable to work with others. That's if he thinks of it at all. Somehow I'd bet that Dave's firing isn't really something Eddie notices, thinks about, or cares about.

Enjoy what we've got, and expect very little from the future. That's been the lesson of the last seven years.
    I agree with this. You may think I stated that Van Halen was coming back again because of Dave not being on the air anymore because of all the hoopla over this already as my opinion, but notice how I didn't even voice my opinion on this topic yet.

The idea for me is, nothing will come from VH, and we'll be stuck with the same VH tribute act Dave puts on every show. Not that he doesn't do a good job with that, I just wish I saw more solo stuff in his shows. I'd still see him, I really would. If I don't get any VH, seeing Dave solo shows is still good enough for me!
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post

Donor

I just think in terms of the future that things will slow down more than they already have. And you're right, more solo stuff would make Dave's shows much more appealing.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen/Fair Warning
    Last Online

12.08.17 @ 06:26 PM
    Liked 195 Times in 117 Posts

I'd be quite happy for Dave to release another DLR Band type album, for Ed & Al to release some kind of project & for Mike & Sam to look at putting together some kind of supergroup.

I think Van Halen as we've known it really is over & that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd like to remember the band for the legendary music they have released over the years & not the soap opera they have become. Put the band to bed & move on.

Alternatively, if they really do want to continue then they need to make a serious effort to repair the damaged relationships, quit the dependancies holding various members back & learn to tolerate & respect the professional & personal interests of the other band members both inside & outside the band. Another lame-ass effort just won't cut it...
    “And what we have at our fingertips is arguably one of the greatest high tenor voices ever – that was in Michael Anthony. In our tiny little corner of the universe, that voice is as identifiable as the high voice in Earth, Wind & Fire, as identifiable as the high voice in the Beach Boys. Van Halen is an indelicate house blend of both – that’s intentionally. So I would always look forward to that reunion.” - David Lee Roth

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts

Donor

according to another thread, we're due to be obliterated by a comet. aside from that, who knows?
    """"\//-/""""

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!

www.myspace.com/mikesisca

"If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

" SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!

“ Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) ” FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Eddymon
    2. More speculation over the future of Van Halen will come to an end when its officially announced around September that Dave is back and that they are working on finishing a new album and plan to release it in the spring an dthen embark on on a major tour of the world.

3. Around the same time the "Dave's back" announcement happens, Van Halen will be announced as one of the bands to be inducted in the 2007 class of the HOF.

6. Band has a record breaking world tour and decide finally release a full length live album and dvd with Dave, the dvd turns out to be a double dvd with second disc containing the entire 1981 Oakland show.

Thats what I think the future holds.
    I agree with your vision but made a few "adjustments."

And hopefully this will all happen before May.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:28 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by vhrocks2005

The idea for me is, nothing will come from VH, and we'll be stuck with the same VH tribute act Dave puts on every show. Not that he doesn't do a good job with that, I just wish I saw more solo stuff in his shows. I'd still see him, I really would. If I don't get any VH, seeing Dave solo shows is still good enough for me!
    I totally agree. I've seen Dave solo 5 times including the Sam and Dave tour, and I was never disappointed. he mixed in a little solo stuff, Goin Crazy, Yankee Rose, and a couple more, but yeah It'd be great to hear Its Showtime, Little Ain't Enough and more solo. I can't say enough about Dave's band. Ray Luzier and Brian Young are just phenomenal performers IMO. Not Ed and Al of course, but they put on a great show and don't do any injustice whatsoever to the CVH songs. I guess all I was really trying to say is that I'd go see Dave in a second if he toured again with or without VH.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

VH is dead.