Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Default 5 Kan. Students Arrested in Alleged Plot

First we have the girl that fakes her kidnapping about 10 miles away, and now this. Riverton is about 45-50 miles from Cherryvale.

5 Kansas Students Arrested in Alleged Plot
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

To add to that, here about 2 months ago a kid in the 6th grade walked into the school that my Niece goes to with a pistol and a list of kids that he wanted to take care of. The teacher took the gun and list away from him, and then decided not to tell anyone. Of course, there were kids in the school that knew about it, so they told their parents which started some serious shit. The teacher should have been terminated and the kid needs some serious help, but nothing has been done to this date about the teacher or the psyco kid.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Favorite VH Album

Diver Down
    Favorite VH Song

Runnin' With The Devil
    Last Online

07.12.08 @ 04:41 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Attention whores.
    Respects.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can understand why parents home school. I was never a fan of it but the way things are going, it is getting more and more dangerous to send your kids to what was once a safe place.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

This stuff just blows me away. I graduated in 1987, this kind of stuff never happened back then. The HS I attended was right in the middle of suburbia, a nice school with good kids. We didn't have metal detectors or cops patrolling the hallways. I have a cousin that attends my old high school, he told me they now have metal detectors at every entrance and three sheriffs that patrol the halls on a full time basis. I guess its something we need now but it still just blows me away. Every once in a while a kid would get busted with a bag of weed and that was a HUGE deal. Now kids bring guns and knives to school.
    Its stories like this that make me glad I don't have kids or at least kids in school. I would worry about them all day long, its like sending your kid off to juvenile hall for 7 hours a day. The problem here is the parents of these kids bringing guns to school, I would think that if your kid was so fucked in the head that he was going to kill his classmates in a Columbine type massacre you would know that something is up.
    You would think you would know if your kid was a bit off kilter!! My guess is a lot of these parents feel there job is done once the child attends school.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Take Your Whiskey Home
    Last Online

04.05.17 @ 05:40 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts

Donor

Back in the fall we had an incident in my daughter's school which is located about a mile from the our house. It is an Elementary school in a rural area . A sixth grader had a loaded semi auto with two loaded clips at the school. The kicker was his mother was a special ed teacher at the same school. She was arrested. When they showed her at the preliminasry hearing she was smiling and talking to people like she was on a school outing. In the local newpapers she stated the gun was his and he used it for target shooting and it was his responsibility to take care of it. BTW, it was learned that he brought it to school to scare someone who was picking on him. The good news is she's gone, and the kids expelled. And I thought going to a Catholic High School in the 70's was rough. I'm also glad nothing bad happened out in Riverton.
    Last edited by ddzavis; 04.21.06 at 02:21 PM.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

OLO, I went to small high schools in rural Nebraska and Colorado and graduated in '83. It wasn't uncommon to see guns in the gun racks of the trucks of some of the students. To my knowledge, there were never any threats of violence made with a gun. If we had a score to settle with a schoolmate, we took it across the street from the school and duked it out! The times, they are a changin'.

Last Online

12.03.17 @ 11:54 AM
    Liked 35 Times in 15 Posts

My high school was always crap, but it has gotten much worse since I graduated in 2003. There have been violence and gun incidents, and I heard about a student setting fire in a hallway a few years ago. There was even a shooting last year: http://www.peoriacountystatesattorne...20shooting.htm

What an idiot.
    Last edited by kowski; 04.21.06 at 06:44 PM.

Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    First we have the girl that fakes her kidnapping about 10 miles away, and now this. Riverton is about 45-50 miles from Cherryvale.

5 Kansas Students Arrested in Alleged Plot

Time to NUKE Kansas...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 10:54 AM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

OLO, I went to small high schools in rural Nebraska and Colorado and graduated in '83. It wasn't uncommon to see guns in the gun racks of the trucks of some of the students. To my knowledge, there were never any threats of violence made with a gun. If we had a score to settle with a schoolmate, we took it across the street from the school and duked it out! The times, they are a changin'.
    Oh Dude we used to bring our shotguns to school all the time during bird hunting season. As soon as the bell rang we were headed to get a few hours of hunting in. We kept our guns under the seat in a gun case so they wouldnt get ripped off.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 06:57 PM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Same here. I'm on the east cost & graduated in '87. Shotguns, deer rifles. Depended on what was in season. I too, lived in a small town & this stuff now is just stupid. The "bad boy" at my high school was rumored to have brought a pistol to school one day. Word got back to his dad who left work, came to school at lunch break, snagged his idiot son by the ear & beat his ass all the way to the car. W/ all his friends watching. Next day home-boy was a different man. Funny thing is, nobody even knows if he was actually packing.

My simple opinion, life has been cheapened by abortion on demand, violent TV/video games, etc & parents don't spend enough quality time w/ their kids. Just throw some money at 'em when it's your weekend to have 'em, drop 'em off at the mall & they'll figure life out right? WRONG. My job as a dad is to know what's going on w/ my kids.

I'm done.

Ted
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford