Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

FEELINGS
    Last Online

08.11.06 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default 9on10scale saying Hello

Hey all, I am back under a new loggin. I changed computers and lost all the info I had. I have been reading all the post and see nothing has changed mainly the haters. All is good though and at least us who enjoy fun party music have a tour to look forward to.

yell back if you have any questions I have been gone far to long.
    What is understood need not be discused.

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained & Romeo Delight
    Last Online

04.07.16 @ 01:19 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey JUJU (formerly known as 9ona10scale)-
    How about the obvious: any news on the Van Halen situation? You usually have interresting stuff to say, so any news would be great! -Red43j
    Last edited by Red43j; 04.19.06 at 04:32 PM.
    Eddie must think I'm a BOZO to want to drop THAT much on one of his new Charvel Guitars!

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

ALL
    Favorite VH Song

FEELINGS
    Last Online

08.11.06 @ 04:24 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

To be honest I think Mikey's article told the story to a "T". I was with Sam last month and at this point in his life he just wants to have fun and be happyBeing around Ed and Al he tends to be misrable. It sucks but it any of us were in his shoes at our day to day jobs i think we would all do the same.
    What is understood need not be discused.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Hey JuJu...good to have you back! Give Sam a Texas hello for me. We've miss you around here.
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Hey there stranger it's great to see a post from ya. Your previous name came up a few times around here in this mass of confusion.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 07:52 PM
    Liked 623 Times in 291 Posts

Hey 9 on a JuJu! ha! Any insight on what the "Other Half" set list is going to look like this summer?
    VH RULES!
    21 Shows Attended 1993-2015

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

the classic 6 pack
    Favorite VH Song

hmmm...everybody wants some
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 01:35 PM
    Liked 967 Times in 387 Posts

tell sam to sing some classic songs himself

what is mike gonna sing, rwtd?

i just wish sam would sing something like dance the night away to throw people for a loop, or women in love or some shit

just change it up a bit

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 01:28 AM
    Liked 1,601 Times in 983 Posts

Donor

Good to see ya man. Heck, he doesn't have to sing CVH tunes, Mike can cover that. Some long lost ballsy stuff from his VH era would be dandy...Summer Nights, Don't Tell Me, Judgment Day, Mine all Mine.

Is the Palm Springs Cabo Wabo gonna happen?

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JUJU
    Hey all, I am back under a new loggin. I changed computers and lost all the info I had. I have been reading all the post and see nothing has changed mainly the haters. All is good though and at least us who enjoy fun party music have a tour to look forward to.

yell back if you have any questions I have been gone far to long.
    Don't get me wrong I've always supported Sammy (especially in VH) but does he and everyone around him honestly think that he is blameless for some of the problems that are on-going (not EVH's drinking) with Ed and/or Al.

I hope Sammy realizes that it takes two. And it also takes more than Ed doing whatever Sam wants him to do in order for a (Sammy fronted) VH reunion to ever happen again. Yes obviously EVH needs some serious help. However, how does it help an alcoholic to have other band members promoting tequila?

I honestly feel, and maybe Sam does to in hindsight, that they should have sat down and tried to work through there past transgressions before ever getting on stage together in '04.

Tell Sammy it's o.k. if he and Ed and Al never work together again, I have enough outstanding memories to last two life times. These guys were the soundtrack of my youth. Also tell Sammy that he and Mikey should hire that guy who helped Metallica get throuigh their shit, maybe he could work his magic with Ed and Al and Mike and Sam and Dave.

Peace (and welcome back )
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150
    Don't get me wrong I've always supported Sammy (especially in VH) but does he and everyone around him honestly think that he is blameless for some of the problems that are on-going (not EVH's drinking) with Ed and/or Al.

I hope Sammy realizes that it takes two. And it also takes more than Ed doing whatever Sam wants him to do in order for a (Sammy fronted) VH reunion to ever happen again. Yes obviously EVH needs some serious help. However, how does it help an alcoholic to have other band members promoting tequila?

By that logic, Edward should never walk into a restaurant again. They serve alcohol. Nor could they play at any arenas, since they all serve beer. Heck, every city they tour in has liquor stores.

It's the alcoholic's job to separate work from addiction. Alex did it. Ed has done it in the past. Van Halen's always been a party band but it's possible - and we've seen proof - of some members continuing the image and some abstaining. Balance tour, anyone?

Don't worry, 9, there's always dumbfucks around here who want to assign blame other than where it should be. But you know that already.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.19.06 at 06:28 PM.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

9/JUJU, glad to see you back. You have been missed!

Shari
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

06.08.17 @ 10:06 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

Ahh, 'haters' is a strong word. I think you'll find 'frustrated' is more of a common theme around here lately. Anyway, glad to see back in these parts...

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    By that logic, Edward should never walk into a restaurant again. They serve alcohol. Nor could they play at any arenas, since they all serve beer. Heck, every city they tour in has liquor stores.

It's the alcoholic's job to separate work from addiction. Alex did it. Ed has done it in the past. Van Halen's always been a party band but it's possible - and we've seen proof - of some members continuing the image and some abstaining. Balance tour, anyone?

Don't worry, 9, there's always dumbfucks around here who want to assign blame other than where it should be. But you know that already.
    Don't be be taking pot shots at me Squalen !!! I know better than most first hand what it's like to live with an alcoholic in the family. And unless you have lived with an alcoholic family member slowly destroying themsleves than I suggest you refrain from refering to me or anyone else that may share a similar point of view as "dumb fucks". I watched for years as my mother slowly drank herself into oblivion, waiting for the day she would hit bottom. I kept her from her grandchildren and that didn't even do it for her. What finally did do it was having four alcohol induced seizures and during the fourth seizure a heart attack along with it .

Yes it is EVH's job to maintain his sobriety. He is the alcoholic. But your friends/family (as a band sometimes is) are supposed to be your support system, you're friends. They can live their lives without having to throw it in your face, it's called being sensitive to the needs of others.

Ed obviously needs greater help than he is capable of on his own right now. Neither the cancer nor his wife leaving him were his "bottom" . And I'm sure Al has takled to him till he's blue in the face, but EVH has failed to heed any advise given to him thus far. Sammy doesn't and shouldn't feel sorry for Ed and neither should we, be we should have sympathy for the man because he is fighting something that has been a long standing demon in his life and thus far has been unsuccessful.

God bless Sammy for making a success out of Cabo Wabo tequila (mighty good shit BTW). He should enjoy that success, but when he is around Ed it wouldn't kill him to back off with the whole tequila thing/cantina thing. Van Halen should be Van Halen and Sammy should do whatever he wants during his solo endeavors. It shouldn't be so hard for him to do if he ever considered Ed his friend.

Again it is Ed's problem but having Sam rub it in his face by promoting Cabo Wabo Tequila (and by publicly slamming the guy and telling him "get help or you'll never see me again".) every chance he gets by whoring his products will never help the situation with EVH.
    Last edited by atomicpunk5150; 04.19.06 at 07:33 PM.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

AFU - Dance the Night Away
    Last Online

07.04.09 @ 09:28 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JMJ
    i just wish sam would sing something like dance the night away to throw people for a loop
    That would kick -----------> ASS.

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by atomicpunk5150

Again it is Ed's problem but having Sam rub it in his face by promoting Cabo Wabo Tequila (and by publicly slamming the guy and telling him "get help or you'll never see me again".) every chance he gets by whoring his products will never help the situation with EVH.

Yeah, your sob story doesn't faze me in the slightest. I know all too well about the perils of alcoholism, but I don't need to share with the whole board about the people I've loved whom I lost to addictions. While I'm not belittling your own experiences, you're generalizing Ed's issues and focusing on extraneous factors that aren't the root of the problem. You're pawning off individual responsibility. A common enabling mistake. If you've walked the walk you say you have, you should know better. Basically you're insinuating that had Sam eased back on the Waboritas in concert, Ed might've not circled the drain as fast. Total assumption, and inaccurate to boot; alcoholics make their own decisions, and as a presumed Alanon member, again, you should know better. Perhaps it would behoove you to say, instead of Sam and Mike lamely continuing the party image on tour with Ed, it might be better to assert that Edward should've have gone on tour being healthy and strong and having his shit together. Sam and Mike could've stayed completely dry, but arenas still sell beer at the concession stands, and hotel rooms still have mini-bars.

Van Halen is an arena party rock band. Just because Sam and Mike imbibed onstage, doesn't necessarily mean they were 'throwing it in his face.' The Balance tour went along fine doing the same thing and Ed was sober. Three-quarters of Ed's discography centers around sex and partying. It is what it is, and Ed knows it. There are plenty of party bands who maintain an image, but whose individual members quit the lifestyle for their own sakes. This isn't about Sam not having sympathy for Ed. In fact, this thread's simply about a welcome back, and the only potshot I took at you was scorning your knee-jerk impulse to include a Sammy reprimand in his nephew's 'Hello All' thread.

If you don't like the fact that I think it was a dumbfuck move to include that in your greeting...too bad.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.19.06 at 08:10 PM.