Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 05:15 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

Default When Van Halen comes on at a perfect time!

I just finished writing my second exam at university, still have 3 left. I was really nervous but I did it in 1/2 hour, totally confident about it. I walk out of the gym where I wrote it and what do I get? a double shot of Van Halen on the radio, Finish What Ya Started followed by Black And Blue. Anybody else wanna share any wicked experiences like this?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'll have to think of a couple, but all I know is that when ever I get into the car, I end up getting a dose of VH. Its amazing. My wife always laughs that she never hears any VH when she's by herself, but as soon as she gets in the car with me, we get flooded with that sweet brown sound. Its also funny the feeling you get when you hear a rare song on the radio. I'm mean I could easily bring the cds or pop on the mp3 player in teh car, but there is something about hearing it on the radio....

Last friday, around noon time, it was one of the first warm sunny, and I got a little "Summer Nights"...now that will put you in the mood for the weekend.
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Anytime I'm home and I play "Jump", my 2 and 3 year olds know they can jump on the bed. Last week I had VH1 Classic on, it was a doubleshot program, and they played two VH videos, Hot For Teacher and Jump.(My wife snickered, "guess they can't play VH during Classic/Current"). My 2 year old was mesmerized by the Jump video. The very next day I took him to the mall to get his Easter picture and Jump came over the sound system. My 2 year old son looks at the photographer and says "That's the jump on the bed song. We saw it on TV yesterday.It's by Van Halen."

I was so proud.

One other thing, I bought a new car a few months ago and as I pulled out of the lot, the very first song I hear, Mean Street came on the radio. It was really strange because it was the first(and last) time I'd ever heard that station play it.

Favorite VH Album

('78-'84) VH 1; ('86-'95) 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Dave- I'm The One ; Sam- 5150
    Last Online

11.17.17 @ 12:11 PM
    Liked 1,033 Times in 543 Posts

I'll never forget this. Three years ago I bought a brand new Honda Accord right off the showroom. I walked in on a Saturday morning and two hours later they were driving the car I wanted out of the showroom for me. Most of us will attest that there are few things in life better than buying a brand new car. Not a new used car, but a brand new car. It's an awesome feeling.

So I finish all of the paperwork and they hand me the keys and tell me it's out front. I get in the car to drive off the lot with it and what is the song that comes on the second I turn the ignition? Jump. Swear to god. There was no fade from one song to the next, there was no commercial, nothing. The second I turned the key, "Jump" was still in the opening keyboard part. I cranked the mother-fucker up and drove out of the lot. The timing was impeccable.
    VH with Dave ('78-'84) - The best years....the "real" VH.
    VH with Sam ('86-'96) - Incredible era....."We have renamed this town 'New Halen!'.
    VH with Gary ('98) - Fucking disaster. WTF was that??
    VH with Wolf/Dave ('12-'15) - Amazing comeback. Smokin' album and tours.

Last Online

01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JumpTheHotTeacher
    I'll never forget this. Three years ago I bought a brand new Honda Accord right off the showroom. I walked in on a Saturday morning and two hours later they were driving the car I wanted out of the showroom for me. Most of us will attest that there are few things in life better than buying a brand new car. Not a new used car, but a brand new car. It's an awesome feeling.

So I finish all of the paperwork and they hand me the keys and tell me it's out front. I get in the car to drive off the lot with it and what is the song that comes on the second I turn the ignition? Jump. Swear to god. There was no fade from one song to the next, there was no commercial, nothing. The second I turned the key, "Jump" was still in the opening keyboard part. I cranked the mother-fucker up and drove out of the lot. The timing was impeccable.
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Favorite VH Album

5150, OU812, Balance, F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Dont have one
    Last Online

08.28.16 @ 11:47 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts

Oooooh, I got a good one for this

Wayyyy back in July, I was dropping off Liz at her house but she wasnt my girlfriend at the time. We hugged, almost kissed and wanted to hold hands but she had to go in. So as I get in my truck and pull out of her driveway, I turn up the volume on my radio and wouldnt ya know it, When its Love came on at the exact same time! I almost stopped my truck and went "WHAT THE HELL!" but I kept drivin and reciting the lyrics in my head and thinking of liz at the same time. It was fucking awesome. And 9 months later, Im still with her and I couldnt be happier!
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=504401115
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jedimasterkyle

BOISE STATE BRONCOS! - They're awesome. Deal with it!

11/16/04 - VAN HALEN in Boise, Idaho. Changed my life forever

8/8/06 - Sammy Hagar and the Wabos w/Michael Anthony in Boise, Idaho. Sam and Mike still kick ass

Favorite VH Song

Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 03:32 AM
    Liked 1,484 Times in 905 Posts

One that I really remember is leaving work and going to visit my girlfriend up at college. I turn the radio on and 'Dance the Night Away' just started. It really fired me up!!!
    Remember the Heroes - 9/11/01

In 2012, the phoenix has risen!!

"High speed, low drag."

"Look at all the people here tonight!!!" - 10/5/07, 5/20/08 Mohegan Sun

Congratulations to Van Halen as part of the Class of 2007 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

Cinco de Cabo @ Foxwoods: "A giant party with live music" - S. Hagar

got tequila?

http://keepitaliveforever.com

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

It's nice when you wake up to the radio like I did this morning and it's VH playing I'll Wait. You feel like it's the start of a good day, an omen of sorts.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal/Me Wise Magic
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 11:57 AM
    Liked 415 Times in 250 Posts

I don't know if this qualifies but in 10th grade I was in science class and it was the day It's About Time was being premiered. I borrowed my friends MP3 radio and I turned on the Classic Rock radio station here in Toronto and the girl said, "In 10 minutes we are going to play VH's new song". I'm flippin'!!! forget about learning about how fast a ball can roll down a hill when there is a tornado chasing after it, I'm am phsyched. So after about 4 minutes the girl says, "Here is VH's new song, It's About Time". And after that... is history. I will never forget that moment for the rest of my life and everytime I hear that song, certain parts bring me back to that exact moment.
    My man, when you are fantasizing, don't go for attainable, you can get attainable at the local Applebee's. - Dave's Dreidel

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Anytime is perfect of course, but I had the perfect time in my life just yesterday. I posted a while back on here that I was in a bad accident last spring and came out of a coma while Jump was playing, but I don't remember that one. Anyway, yesterday I finally after almost a year got cleared by my doctor and the Secretary of State to be able to drive without any restrictions that might have resulted from my accident!!! On the way home from the doctor as I was driving my wife home for the first time in 10-11 months, Panama came on Sirius' Buzzsaw!! Iwas so fricken' pumped it was unbelievable!
    Last edited by Interceptor; 04.20.06 at 05:00 PM.

Last Online

07.02.06 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back in 1988 I was in my my then girlfriends apartment on our third or fourth date. We were sitting down watching some music channel or other when all of a sudden she kisses me on the cheek then drops to her knees, unbuttons my trousers and proceeds to give me a BJ out of the blue..and just as she begins the 'Dreams' video with the Blue Angels comes on the the tv. I couldn't believe it..( the BJ I mean ). I had the biggest smile on my face ever that night night although she started to get a little pissed off with me when during the BJ I started to tap my fingers and feet in time with 'Dreams', I just couldn't help myself. I haven't had that many BJs in my life but that one was easily the best. Still you live in hope....
    A woman drove me to drink...and I never had the decency to thank her!

Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans have learnt that what they can touch, smell, see and hear is less than one billionth of reality.

"The things you own, own you"

Top Of The World bigdrewhalenite's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

WACF
    Favorite VH Song

Ice Cream Man
    Last Online

07.14.15 @ 11:29 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, I don't think any of us can top Rudy's story--by the way, CHEERS, MATE! But, during the 2005-2006 school year, I was commuting about 30 miles each way to teach. It seemed like, almost every Friday, as I was driving home, a Van Halen song would come on the radio. I would smile, roll down the window (if it was warm enough), and think, "Oh, yeah. NOW, the weekend can officially begin!"
    Violence is the first refuge of the incompetent.- Isaac Asimov

Last Online

07.02.06 @ 02:47 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Yeah, maybe I should have kept that one to myself.
    I'll get my coat.
    A woman drove me to drink...and I never had the decency to thank her!

Since the initial publication of the charted electromagnetic spectrum, humans have learnt that what they can touch, smell, see and hear is less than one billionth of reality.

"The things you own, own you"

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrewhalenite
    OK, I don't think any of us can top Rudy's story--by the way, CHEERS, MATE! !"

Same here.....I read that and thought "Well that beats the fuckola out of what *I* was gonna post".

Just no topping that.
    Last edited by LLFHS; 05.04.06 at 07:47 PM.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy
    Yeah, maybe I should have kept that one to myself.
    I'll get my coat.
    You think back to that with a lot of handness,,uuugh,cough..fondness now don't ya...

LOL...j/k bud...