Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
    Atomic Punk
    Last Online

12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

Default Stray bullet kills toddler in car seat

Mother begs police to find shooter

NEW YORK (AP) -- Sobbing and clutching her son's toy, the mother of a 2-year-old killed when a stray bullet pierced their minivan on Easter urged police to find her son's killer.

"I want him to wake up every day and see my face and hear my voice and see my son's picture every day," Joanne Sanabria told reporters.

David Pacheco Jr., dressed in his Easter best, was strapped in a car seat Sunday afternoon as the family drove through the Bronx a few miles from home.

"I was driving and I heard the gunshot and I heard my son screaming," Sanabria, 28, said Monday. "God only knows how much I wish that bullet would have hit me."

Her daughters, ages 8 and 11, and her sister's family were also in the vehicle but unharmed.

According to police, the shots were fired as two groups of men argued.

An off-duty emergency medical technician, Angelo Cruz, heard the gunfire and ran to help the toddler, but the shooter disappeared.

The little boy had been struck in the chest and was pronounced dead about 45 minutes later.

His father, David Pacheco, said Monday he owes his thanks to Cruz. He said the resuscitation effort gave him time to see his son alive one last time.

Grieving family and friends described the boy as energetic and always smiling. "He was a happy kid," his uncle Victor Castillo said.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K. 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Feels So Good (deal with it...
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 11:56 AM
    Liked 426 Times in 228 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I'm going to be sick. All I can think about is my little man who is 3. If he was taken from me in any way, let alone by something as senseless as this, I have no idea how I would keep going. I know people find the strength but how I just don't know. They need to find all involved and make an example of them.
    Signature not currently available. You aren't missing much.

Favorite VH Album

Pirates of the Carribean
    Favorite VH Song

How Many Say Aye?
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 09:57 AM
    Liked 1,627 Times in 873 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150
    I'm going to be sick. All I can think about is my little man who is 3. If he was taken from me in any way, let alone by something as senseless as this, I have no idea how I would keep going. I know people find the strength but how I just don't know. They need to find all involved and make an example of them.

A nice, slow, painful, public example.
    -TVH-

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -Thomas Paine

What is government itself but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? - James Madison

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian. - Henry Ford

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I'm against torture durring interogation. However, I have no problem with it a punishment.

I know, I know, the shooter has rights.

I guess the question is: does the shooter's rights trump to toddler's right NOT to be shot?

In my fantasy world it does.

I wish nothing but sorrow and pain for the piece of shit who lacked trigger control. Him, his family and friends.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai

My Blog:

http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

This is fucking ridiculous. I wonder if that shooter is even feeling remorse. They don't even stop shooting on Easter Sunday.
    Yes, I said "They." You figure it out...

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jetguy5150
    I feel the same. And the strength comes from lots and lots of drugs, at least that would be how I would deal. I would be a walking zombie for a long long time.

Favorite VH Album

5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 03:26 PM
    Liked 34 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by loveevhsince79
    I feel the same. And the strength comes from lots and lots of drugs, at least that would be how I would deal. I would be a walking zombie for a long long time.
    Lots and lots of drugs is probably how this came about in the first place. Here I am again up on my soapbox, but illegal drug trafficking is this country's #1 problem, period. I would bet that the majority of violent crimes i.e., assault, rape, murder, etc., result from drugs of some sort, especially cocaine, crack etc.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    Lots and lots of drugs is probably how this came about in the first place. Here I am again up on my soapbox, but illegal drug trafficking is this country's #1 problem, period. I would bet that the majority of violent crimes i.e., assault, rape, murder, etc., result from drugs of some sort, especially cocaine, crack etc.
    PBS had an enlightening but depressing special about the crystal meth epidemic. That is some scary stuff. They said the euphoria that is created by such a large release of endorphines is why it's instantly addictive, that 50% of kids in foster care are there because of it, that the fastest growing section of society using the drug are 30-40 yr old middle class people, and how they have tried to stop the usage. They also pointed out that it's relatively inexpensive and one hit lasts all day. They also showed people who have continued usage over a period of time and man o man does it do a number.

By the way, I'd see a doc for help in dealing with the loss of a child. I hope it didn't come across the wrong way.