Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K., VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Light up the sky, Humans Being
    Last Online

05.27.15 @ 08:46 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 3 Posts

Summer Tour 06!

I got my tickets for tampa today... im stoked about it... one question though......

on this site i read where sammy will be playing with the wabo's, and then with his van halen tribute band... it also said this tribute band will play roth era tunes... is this true?
    Personal Link
    www.facebook.com/TWDJR

Band Links:
    www.facebook.com/azmythband
    www.myspace.com/azmythband
    www.soundclick.com/azmythus
    www.azmythmusic.com

"Does anyone elses grandmother drink bacon grease?"

"I could barely see the ham, from the steam comin off of it, i reached down, between its legs, and cut a piece off" ... "Hamina"

Last Online

05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Pranker5150
    I got my tickets for tampa today... im stoked about it... one question though......

on this site i read where sammy will be playing with the wabo's, and then with his van halen tribute band... it also said this tribute band will play roth era tunes... is this true?

That is a misquote....the fact is he will only be playing "Gary" era tunes!!

Last Online

12.14.17 @ 12:07 AM
    Liked 1,607 Times in 989 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Pranker5150
    and then with his van halen tribute band... it also said this tribute band will play roth era tunes... is this true?

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

05.04.08 @ 02:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Actually, I believe that IS indeed true, but I'm not sure it's "'only'' Roth tunes, but it will include roth tunes, and Mike will be doing vocals on those tunes, probably RWTD and SBGMAD, and a few others, I'd imagine.

Favorite VH Album

1984/VH/Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One/PCTS/Panama
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 1 Post

The DLR era songs that Sammy will play will be mostly songs from the '86 to '91 DLR period, I think.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Usually when I'm quoting a Van Halen news piece, it's coming from this site, or from Strungout...so it's a little strange quoting another source...but...having dug for it, I found what I wanted, and what made me think it was Anthony singing on those....and while it might not be the most reliable source, it IS where I got my information

Blabbermouth.net

And this "The Other Half" band will be playing a full set of Van Halen tunes (including some classic VH with Michael Anthony on lead vocals!!!), alongside Sammy's Waborita band, which is playing a full set of Hagar solo tunes, at every date on Sammy's summer tour.
    Take that for what it's worth...hell it was a comment from one of the members of blabbermouth, and nobody really knows what exactly (if any) they'll do, but if this were true, it'd be really cool.

Last Online

Donor

Geez, you Strungout dudes are a little outta the loop, methinks.

Come join us in the VH mainstream.

Yep, they're gonna close the set with an hour of Halen, with The Other Half consisting of Mike, Sam, Vic, and David. Mike's gonna sing a few old Roth tunes, Sam's gonna sing the Van Hagar tunes.

Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.15.06 at 06:32 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh, I've always read around here...I just recently got back into posting....finding a lot of interesting conversations here with people that don't go to VHSO....but I can't say either site is really one-upping the other in the news department....because trutfully, there's not enough WORTHWHILE Van halen news out there lately worth "scooping" LOL. But, when it does break....most of the time both sites have it up at about the same time....so I can't consider one over the other the "mainstream". That having been said....I assume the comment was something to do with blabbermouth, and yeah, I agree, not the greatest source...and may not even be reliable or accurate, but it was quoted to show why I thought that way, not to claim it as a viable, reliable, official news source. I've always believed until I hear it out of the mouth of the artist themselves, it's pretty much heresay anyway...though there's a few people I know with tried and true connections I tend to believe. Anyway, back to topic... I guess our official ''finding out'' will be shortly after the first date of the tour

*Edit* - Van Squalen, you edited while I was replying..so apparently we're of the same opinion regarding the CVH tunes...
    Last edited by steveowabo; 04.15.06 at 06:33 PM.

Last Online

Donor

Actually, Steve-O, having lurked all the VH websites since the millenium, I can safely say this site is currently the premiere source of all things Van Halen, and has been for some time. More people 'connected' to the VH camp lurk and/or post here than any other, I believe, and the rock sites whose contacts occasionally precede our own, most often come here first to corroborate or hint at what may or may not be coming.

And it's not an 'opinion', regarding the CVH tunes, it's fact, precisely what Mike and Sam have stated, in regards to The Other Half's set. The only question is which songs are gonna be thrown in the mix.

Apparently you have missed a few interviews.

We won't really know what The Other Half's gonna play until the 7th tour date, as Mike isn't playing at the first six Tahoe gigs.

Coincidentally, I'm attending that first Other Half night in L.A. And I'm not bummed about it.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.15.06 at 06:43 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Van Squalen
    Actually, Steve-O, having lurked all the VH websites since the millenium, I can safely say this site is currently the premiere source of all things Van Halen, and has been for some time.
    Well, for the sake of civility, that's just a debate I'm not gonna start, participate in, or attempt to finish....Everyone has their favorite sites...everyone has their favorite sources, reliable or otherwise..let's just leave it at "to each their own" and / or "agree to disagree" and go with that, eh?

Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by steveowabo
    Well, for the sake of civility, that's just a debate I'm not gonna start, participate in, or attempt to finish....Everyone has their favorite sites...everyone has their favorite sources, reliable or otherwise..let's just leave it at "to each their own" and / or "agree to disagree" and go with that, eh?
    LOL, I'm not trying to pick a fight, SteveO. I'm just stating what's obviously a fact. Member registration and past scoops alone here at the Links back up my claim. It's not about favorites, it's about numbers and proven postings.

My point seemed to be validated by you not knowing about the nature and intent of The Other Half as of yet, where that's been old news here for some time now.

Just a friendly observation. Stop by more often.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

And it's not an 'opinion', regarding the CVH tunes, it's fact, precisely what Mike and Sam have stated, in regards to The Other Half's set. The only question is which songs are gonna be thrown in the mix.
    Well, as I said, I'd bet on RWTD and SGMAD....I'd also place some faith in the fact that they're probably going to be heavy on the early stuff that Mike participated in writing...cause (and correct me if I'm wrong) aren't there technically some legal issues if mikey ISN'T in the VH band anymore ...and goes about singing songs he had no writing credit on....or is it more of a case of "hey, we're callin it a tribute band, we can do what we want?"

Apparently you have missed a few interviews.
    Won't deny that...

We won't really know what The Other Half's gonna play until the 7th tour date, as Mike isn't playing at the first six Tahoe gigs..
    Yeah..that I knew...when I said 'first date of the tour" I was counting on that being after June 3...

Coincidentally, I'm attending that first Other Half night in L.A. And I'm not bummed about it.
    You suck.....I have to wait until June 17/18 - I'm planning on making the run to either Tampa or Atlanta, depending on which I can get tickets to at the last hour...I'm not entirely sure I can have the time off....and having seen VH four times, a Sammy show would be fun, but not really a requirement...

Last Online

Donor

No, apparently all members of the band have writing copyright credits to their respective albums, including Mike, with the exceptions of III and the new BOBW songs, of course, whose credits Ed exempted Mikey from.

So Mike can sing whatever he wants, as far as the Dave era goes, just as Dave, Ed, and Al can.

As has been debated several times here already, I'm hoping he drops the standard anthems (RWTD, SMGMAD, Panama, and Jump) and puts out some real CVH gems...shot in the dark, 'cause much of the CVH catalogue is so Dave-esque it's hard to imagine Mike or anyone else taking lead, but I think he could pull off very decent versions of So This is Love, Girl Gone Bad, DOA, or the Full Bug.

Here's hoping for some lost gems, both the scattered CVH from Mike, and some classic Van Hagar from Sam - during the Other Half's initial outing in Cabo during Sam's birthday bash in October last year, they actually threw in '5150.' Which, I'm hoping, is a sign of things to come...Summer Nights, Don't Tell Me, Judgment Day, Mine all Mine...would be okey dokey by me.
    Last edited by Van Squalen; 04.15.06 at 06:59 PM.

Favorite VH Album

Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Seventh Seal
    Last Online

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

But I hope for the best with such long shots.
    You and me both....but with Sammy and Vic doing harmony vocals...it adds to the list of things they can do (If sammy will participate).

I for one...would love to hear "Bottoms Up"..."Everybody Wants Some"...and hell, even Pretty Woman....Cradle Will Rock...all kinds of possibilities....

Banned!
    Last Online

12.04.11 @ 05:07 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Wow I didnt think we were....
    Geez, you Strungout dudes are a little outta the loop, methinks.

Come join us in the VH mainstream.

Yep, they're gonna close the set with an hour of Halen, with The Other Half consisting of Mike, Sam, Vic, and David. Mike's gonna sing a few old Roth tunes, Sam's gonna sing the Van Hagar tunes.