Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
  1. #1
    Banned!
    Join Date
    03.30.06
    Posts
    15
    Last Online

    04.16.06 @ 10:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default This guy smokes Ed.

    http://greghoward.com/

    Anyone ever heard this guy play?? He puts rock guitarist to shame.

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    http://greghoward.com/

    Anyone ever heard this guy play?? He puts rock guitarist to shame.

    No he doesn't. Good player, yes. Intesting sound.....but no he doesn't.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  3. #3
    Banned! againstthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.16.05
    Location
    Fishing is therapy, I'm in therapy!!
    Posts
    962
    Last Online

    05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    There are a lot of great guitarists out there, some can shred, some can write great melodies, some just can connect with an audience, some are so technically proficient that it makes you sick...or some are just plain lucky, and some are as talented as Fred Durst. Now, there is nothing wrong with coming to this site, and saying wow, I discovered this wonderful musician, check him out.... but to come here and suggest that the guy blows Ed away.....means you are just looking to start shit!! Need an argument do ya??

  4. #4
    Hot For Teacher forrestjump's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.05.03
    Location
    LAS VEGAS !!!
    Posts
    283
    Favorite VH Album

    84
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    07.18.13 @ 08:18 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    http://greghoward.com/

    Anyone ever heard this guy play?? He puts rock guitarist to shame.
    Ah yes, the "Chapman Stick". The band in the Blueman Group live performances use these.

  5. #5
    Good Enough
    Join Date
    03.12.04
    Posts
    1,584
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 12:39 PM
    Likes
    10
    Liked 214 Times in 92 Posts

    Default

    He's got some interesting stuff, I like his unique approach. Does he blow Eddie away? Hardly. I don't really look at music like that any more. Nobody really "smokes" anybody ( well, except for Fred Durst, even I smoke him). Music is all different and there are tons of really talented players out there. Eddie happens to be my favourite-always has been, always will be. Thanks for the heads up though, I kind of like this guy's stuff, I think I'll check him out some more.

  6. #6
    Banned!
    Join Date
    03.30.06
    Posts
    15
    Last Online

    04.16.06 @ 10:36 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by againstthewind
    There are a lot of great guitarists out there, some can shred, some can write great melodies, some just can connect with an audience, some are so technically proficient that it makes you sick...or some are just plain lucky, and some are as talented as Fred Durst. Now, there is nothing wrong with coming to this site, and saying wow, I discovered this wonderful musician, check him out.... but to come here and suggest that the guy blows Ed away.....means you are just looking to start shit!! Need an argument do ya??
    I'm not looking for any type of argument. I just thought I'd post about him and I think he is better than most of the so called rock guitarist. This includes Ed, Vai, Malmsteen and Satch. Don't hear much hype surrounding this instrument and I can't understand why that is.

  7. #7
    Banned! againstthewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.16.05
    Location
    Fishing is therapy, I'm in therapy!!
    Posts
    962
    Last Online

    05.18.07 @ 08:31 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    I'm not looking for any type of argument. I just thought I'd post about him and I think he is better than most of the so called rock guitarist. This includes Ed, Vai, Malmsteen and Satch. Don't hear much hype surrounding this instrument and I can't understand why that is.

    That's fine, but I guess what do you mean by he is "better"?? If you personally like him more...more power to ya'. But when you say he blows this guy or that guy away...it all comes down to opinion my man, or likes or dislikes. However to come on a obviously pro VH website and say he blows the king out of the water, well, then it can come off as negative...but hey, you like the guy, that's cool...like I said earlier....there are a ton of talented musicians out there. Sorry if I jumped down your throat a bit. See ya around!!

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    I'm not looking for any type of argument. I just thought I'd post about him and I think he is better than most of the so called rock guitarist. This includes Ed, Vai, Malmsteen and Satch. Don't hear much hype surrounding this instrument and I can't understand why that is.

    I gotta ask why are you using the phrase "so-called rock guitarist"? It's almost as if you're suggesting that this dude is a rock guitarist, and after listening to his stuff - He is anything but. He's not a bad player by any stretch, but rock he is not.

    And I'm not saying that you are but if you're slagging rock guitarists, um....are you aware you are at a Van Halen fan site?

    Thinking he is a superior musician to Ed and Satch and the like is one thing. But since you are in fact presenting a very bold counter-opinion to pretty much everything we post about here, don't be surprised if someone wants to counter you as well.....in fact, bet the farm on it.

    Now if you want to talk about the type of instrument he plays, there is a Musician's Corner thread that is perfect for talking instruments and gear.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  9. #9
    Romeo Delight
    Join Date
    07.17.05
    Posts
    56
    Last Online

    07.05.11 @ 05:27 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    He is talented but his music to too "weather channel" sounding for me. Ed on the other hand totally rocks!!!

  10. #10
    Sinner's Swing!
    Join Date
    06.28.02
    Age
    42
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,945
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 08:00 PM
    Likes
    288
    Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    http://greghoward.com/

    Anyone ever heard this guy play?? He puts rock guitarist to shame.
    Who is "rock guitarist"? Is that someone's name?

    The guy's playing sounds like an ambient mess to me, but hey.....I'm entitled to my opinion, right?

    If you're looking for people with 10 times more technique than Eddie, then check the videos of some of our own forumites. Or better yet, go to youtube.com.

    There are a 100 guys on there with their guitars hiked up to their nipples while playing 128th notes. No word yet on whether or not any of them has written even ONE jingle that's as good as Eddie's 30th best tune.

  11. #11
    Eruption wingnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.29.06
    Posts
    927
    Last Online

    01.01.08 @ 10:00 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    I'm not looking for any type of argument. I just thought I'd post about him and I think he is better than most of the so called rock guitarist. This includes Ed, Vai, Malmsteen and Satch. Don't hear much hype surrounding this instrument and I can't understand why that is.
    While he might be better than Ed in your opinion, he's far from better. Ed is the whole package. And what makes Ed so unique was the fact that he blew the lid off the music world.

    Nobody's even heard of this guy or his work.

  12. #12
    Baluchitherium Mikey Metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    53
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    4,033
    Last Online

    06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    a. your comparing apples to....well, elevator music.

    b. your not even comparing guitar players, that is more alike to playing the piano. hes talented, but does it belong in a sentance with Ed, Satch or Vai or any other guitar player...NO

    does it belong in main NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Last edited by Mikey Metalhead; 04.15.06 at 04:31 PM.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

  13. #13
    carpe damn diem billy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.19.00
    Age
    54
    Location
    On the wild card line...
    Posts
    28,682
    Favorite VH Song

    "Dance The Night Away"
    Last Online

    12.16.17 @ 05:59 AM
    Likes
    1,046
    Liked 1,350 Times in 926 Posts

    Default

    Dude plays a Chapman Stick? I thought that was more of a bass instrument? That's what Tony Levin plays sometimes, right?

  14. #14
    Baluchitherium Mikey Metalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.25.00
    Age
    53
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    4,033
    Last Online

    06.12.15 @ 12:43 PM
    Likes
    3
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billy007
    Dude plays a Chapman Stick? I thought that was more of a bass instrument? That's what Tony Levin plays sometimes, right?
    Levin plays a bass version, there are several models, the most famous being the ones with ability to play both ranges. it is compared to a keyboard very often.
    I SURVIVED TEXAS LINKERS WEEKEND I, II, III, IV and VI and VII.barely made it to VIII time to slow down
    I musta had a broken middle finger for V
    http://www.youtube.com/user/daneph

  15. #15
    Good Enough 51501984's Avatar
    Join Date
    09.14.02
    Age
    50
    Location
    The Bay Area
    Posts
    2,272
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen 1
    Favorite VH Song

    Romeo Delight
    Last Online

    12.14.17 @ 03:59 PM
    Likes
    629
    Liked 928 Times in 555 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocknblues
    I'm not looking for any type of argument. I just thought I'd post about him and I think he is better than most of the so called rock guitarist. This includes Ed, Vai, Malmsteen and Satch. Don't hear much hype surrounding this instrument and I can't understand why that is.
    Your first thread(not to mention only 3 posts)and it`s about some guy that that can blow away Edward

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. This Guy Smokes
    By mike zack in forum Guitar Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04.07.06, 11:31 AM
  2. This Guy Smokes
    By mike zack in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04.07.06, 06:41 AM
  3. OK.. admit it.. who here smokes.
    By stilleddiesangel in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 10.13.05, 01:23 PM
  4. smokes...
    By muffdiver in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09.08.02, 12:29 PM
  5. DLR smokes cigarettes???
    By fleshandblood1990 in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09.04.02, 02:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •