Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 10:08 PM
    Liked 84 Times in 35 Posts

Default I just had to put Abby (my dog) to sleep.

I am a complete mess. A crying babbling idiot.

My beautiful dog Abby had some health problems this past few weeks. Yesterday she was having problems breathing. I could tell she was very uncomfortable. She usually handles the steps to the front door without a problem. Yesterday she was extremely winded and got very light headed, she almost fell over. She didn't anything yesterday except for breakfast. We were up all night long. I called the Vet as soon as they opened and took her in, they did some X-rays and found she had a Tumor in her Lung that was causing her breathing problem. Her Liver was swollen and they felt it was infected with Cancer as well. I was more than willing to pay anything, the Vet informed there was really nothing they could do. They told me she would not make it a month and that she would be uncomfortable the whole time. I am in total shock.

I adopted Abby 6 years ago, Abby was a beautiful white and brown Shih Tzu. She was a rescue from Thailand. The first five years of her life we not good, she was a breeder in a puppy mill. A organization rescued her and flew her and a group of other dogs to the USA. After they got her health under control they placed her up for adoption online. My girlfriend at the time kept telling me I needed a dog, she sent me a link to Petfinders.com. As soon as I saw Abby picture I new she was mine, I really wasn't even looking for a dog. I read her story and fell in love. She had Glaucoma in her eyes and would need eye drops for the rest of her life, this didn't faze me. I had to wait a week to even meet her while they did a background check on me. I had dreams about Abby that week. When I went to meet her she came out and barked and growled at me, protecting her turf. I went into her little yard area and she boogied into her igloo doggy house, I pulled her out and she melted into my arms. They rescue foundation usually requires a home visit before they allow a adoption, the lady saw how Abby reacted to me and let me take her that day. We figure she was about 5 or 6 when I adopted her, so she lived to see 11 or 12. I spoiled the shit out of her, little caesars dog meals, beef jerky, taco meat. My house feels so fucking empty right now. I cant beleive she is gone.
    I am so fucked up.
    ((Just My Two Cents))
    And thats about what its worth.

Last Online

06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Sorry, man. Pets are a gem...it's sad when they die.

Favorite VH Album

VH I
    Last Online

12.13.17 @ 07:45 PM
    Liked 594 Times in 364 Posts

Donor

Bro, that was hard to read. Having to put down a pet you consider part of the family is never an easy experience.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Last Online

12.13.17 @ 08:30 PM
    Liked 1,604 Times in 986 Posts

Donor

Dude, you have no idea how much I can relate.

My sincerest condolences.

Last Online

10.23.15 @ 04:49 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear about your Abby. Glad to hear the last years of her life were so good with such a loving owner.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Summer Nights, Cabo Wabo
    Last Online

10.19.17 @ 06:44 PM
    Liked 55 Times in 21 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Man I am sorry to hear about Abby. As a fellow dog owner. I know it has to hurt deeply.
    Artists I Have Seen: 1D, 38 Special, Aerosmith, Alabama, Bad Company, Bad English, Billy Squire, Bob Seger, Bon Jovi, Boston, BTO, Cheap Trick, Chicago, Chickenfoot, Cinderella, Daughtry, Dave Matthews Band, Default, Def Leppard, Dio, Dokken, Drowning Pool, Eagles, Earth Wind & Fire, Eddie Money, Eric Clapton, Farenheit, Fleetwood Mac, Foreigner, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Glass Tiger, Heart, Huey Lewis and the News, Jackson Browne, Jimmy Buffett, Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, Joe Bonamassa, John Mellencamp, Journey, Keel, Kingdom Come, Kings X, KISS, Kool and the Gang, Krokus, Lionel Richie, Little River Band, Lou Gramm, Loverboy, Los Lonely Boys, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Metallica, Michael Bolton, Nickelback, Night Ranger, Paul Stanley, Peter Frampton, Pink Floyd, Poison, Red Rider, REO Speedwagon, Santana, Sammy Hagar, Shinedown, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Styx, Ted Nugent, Tesla, The 1975, The Black Crowes, The Roots, The Wallflowers, U2, Van Halen, Whitesnake, Zac Brown Band, ZZ Top

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

So sorry to hear about your loss OLO.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

04.01.11 @ 07:59 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OMG i am so sorry to hear this! i know how much that dog meant to you. how awful.
    Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed.
    False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.
    Compassion is the basis of all morality.
    The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
    www.myspace.com/getracefan8

Eruption
    Favorite VH Album

Currently: 1984
    Favorite VH Song

Currently: Panama
    Last Online

05.30.17 @ 09:20 PM
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Damn OLO...I'm so sorry to hear about Abby. My wife and I just put our 15 year old cat down 2 weeks ago. My wife had our cat for the whole 15 years and I only had the joy of living with Birmee (our cat) for the past 6 years. She was diagnosed with cancer in November and was given 1 month to live. She showed them and lasted 4 months!! She wouldn't eat a thing the last 3 days so we had to force feed her...but with her bad stomach she just threw it up. We put her down 2 weeks ago and yes...there is still a void...but it is a little better than before. One thing I can tell you that I am looking forward to is getting her ashes back tomorrow. She was an indoor only cat and needs to be back home.

We know we made the right decision because she was hurting. And you know that you made the right decision. You have to know that. We are looking at getting another cat KNOWING FOR A FACT that we are not trying to replace her in any way, shape or form. You just have to know when it's the right time. And the right time is knowing that the new animal is not a replacement...but another extension of your family. You've got a good home to give to a pet that needs you somewhere out there. Keep your head up, man....we're here for you.

evans5150
    Thunder Mountain Brewing Company
    Owner and Brewmaster

Bottled: 2010 Imperial Bastard Stout (9.5% ABV)
    Bottled: 2011 Thunder Mountain Pale Ale (5.5% ABV)
    Fermenting: 2011 Thunder Mountain Irrish Ale (4.9% ABV)

"I'm just a normal jerk who happens to make music. As long as my brain and fingers work, I'm cool." -Eddie Van Halen, 1996

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

1978-1996
    Favorite VH Song

1978-1996
    Last Online

12.23.16 @ 10:32 AM
    Liked 2,068 Times in 1,102 Posts

Donor

I'm so sorry OLO, 2 years ago we had to put our Shih Tzu (mix) to sleep.
    That was the first time I ever experienced anything like that, (I never had pets growing up) it was a lot more intense than I ever imagined.

Hang tough brother.

Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

03.01.10 @ 10:22 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Wow. I have read your posts about Abby over the years and I know how much she meant to you. While the first half of her life was tough, she obviously was showered with love and affection during the second half. As a dog owner myself I know that no matter how much you give, your dog gives back much much more. You made the right decision by letting her go now, rather than suffer.

I'm so sorry to hear this news OLO. Hang in there bro.

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

Olo
    Ive had to do this several times with my dogs, and it never gets easier.
    My last dog, a lab, i had from birth til he was ten. His demise was rapid as well. One day he's at the vet for a seizure, the next day i ask them what this football is on his side and then the bad news. I took him home, spent the week rolling around with him, then took him in.
    His ashes are in a box on my mantel. I cried like a baby for a long time. I still cant replace him, actually never will. A new dog? its been 4 yrs and im still not ready.

I truly feel for you, especially knowing how you feel about your dog.My condolences.
    But if it helps, right now, she is running in a huge field, as fast as the wind, chasing rabbits and anytime she wants, she can stop and talk and snap her paws and a huge bowl of whatever food she wants appears.
    And as always, she is waiting patiently and loyally for the day she sees you again.
    Last edited by perticelli; 04.13.06 at 12:51 PM.
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.09.17 @ 02:08 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Sorry to hear about that bro...

I know it is never easy loosing a family pet. Hang in there though.

Favorite VH Album

Chickenfoot III
    Favorite VH Song

Different Devil
    Last Online

11.30.17 @ 11:15 AM
    Liked 340 Times in 184 Posts

Donor

Damn. Sorry, OLO. I've been there too.
    Sammy did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    Michael did the impossible. He made Van Halen better. Deal with it.
    --------------------------
    IAMA I am a stage hand for big mainstream artists. (self.IAmA)

Q: who was the biggest douche that you have worked with?

A: Eddie Van Halen hands down he threatened all the stage hands that if we wernt all pushed to the side when he got off stage that he would "bash our faces in"

Now the new David-Lee-Roth-Van Halen album, “Tokyo Dome In Concert,” is available for purchase, and it’s super, super, super, super, super, super, crazy bad. - Doug Elfman

Favorite VH Album

All (Yes, even "VH 3").
    Favorite VH Song

All (except "How Many Say I")
    Last Online

08.31.17 @ 07:33 PM
    Liked 31 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OLO
    I am a complete mess. A crying babbling idiot.

My beautiful dog Abby had some health problems this past few weeks. Yesterday she was having problems breathing. I could tell she was very uncomfortable. She usually handles the steps to the front door without a problem. Yesterday she was extremely winded and got very light headed, she almost fell over. She didn't anything yesterday except for breakfast. We were up all night long. I called the Vet as soon as they opened and took her in, they did some X-rays and found she had a Tumor in her Lung that was causing her breathing problem. Her Liver was swollen and they felt it was infected with Cancer as well. I was more than willing to pay anything, the Vet informed there was really nothing they could do. They told me she would not make it a month and that she would be uncomfortable the whole time. I am in total shock.

I adopted Abby 6 years ago, Abby was a beautiful white and brown Shih Tzu. She was a rescue from Thailand. The first five years of her life we not good, she was a breeder in a puppy mill. A organization rescued her and flew her and a group of other dogs to the USA. After they got her health under control they placed her up for adoption online. My girlfriend at the time kept telling me I needed a dog, she sent me a link to Petfinders.com. As soon as I saw Abby picture I new she was mine, I really wasn't even looking for a dog. I read her story and fell in love. She had Glaucoma in her eyes and would need eye drops for the rest of her life, this didn't faze me. I had to wait a week to even meet her while they did a background check on me. I had dreams about Abby that week. When I went to meet her she came out and barked and growled at me, protecting her turf. I went into her little yard area and she boogied into her igloo doggy house, I pulled her out and she melted into my arms. They rescue foundation usually requires a home visit before they allow a adoption, the lady saw how Abby reacted to me and let me take her that day. We figure she was about 5 or 6 when I adopted her, so she lived to see 11 or 12. I spoiled the shit out of her, little caesars dog meals, beef jerky, taco meat. My house feels so fucking empty right now. I cant beleive she is gone.
    I am so fucked up.
    OLO I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are the greatest if for no other reason they love us unconditionally, warts and all. They have no hidden agenda whatsover (except to be loved). My heart breaks for you. I know that I would feel the same as you do right now if I had to put my dog Duke (or either of my two cats) to sleep. My deepest sympathies.
    "Question is,not does love exist,but when,she leaves,where she goes. I got a feeling she don't know either. Wait like the wind,watch where she blows..."