Register
    Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Default I may go to Cabo, and I need help...

I might be going the 1st week of July with a couple of friends. Is this a bad/good time? What airport do I fly into? Is it worth it to just go for 4-5 days? what's there to do there? is it expensive?

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150
    I might be going the 1st week of July with a couple of friends. Is this a bad/good time? What airport do I fly into? Is it worth it to just go for 4-5 days? what's there to do there? is it expensive?
    Answers in order:
    Never a bad time to go to Cabo.

There's only one - Cabo International Airport.

Yes - I'd go for any amount of time.

Drink, swim in the ocean, sightsee, eat great food, dance, party, enjoy great music.

Air might be a little cheaper in July, actually. Otherwise, you can do a Cabo trip pretty cheaply. The public beach is free. Buy a cheap cooler and Coronas (or whatever) in a grocery store. As for food, hit the market if your hotel room has a little kitchen. Cooking your own meals saves a ton of cash. If you wanna eat out, try Taco Loco right behind Cabo Wabo. Four tacos and a beer for $6 American. (Oh, everywhere takes American loot, too. No real need to exchange for pesos.)

Last Online

06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

Just go, man. You only live once. Fuck it!

After you land at the airport, it's about a 40 minute cab ride into Cabo San Lucas. The cabbie will probably stop mid-way if you want a beer.
    I went with a couple of friends and a couple more met us out there and they stayed only 3 days, but had an absolute blast. And we all flew from CT. A long way to go for such a short stay. But DEFINITELY worth it!!
    Live it up, my friend!!!

Don't Touch the Dog There axebrian's Avatar
    Last Online

01.28.17 @ 02:56 PM
    Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

I have one name with the answers you need... the vhlinks very own "ktgiles" The vhlinks "Queen of Cabo"
    ####......###,
    #............#.....#
    ###........#......#
    #............#.....#
    ####......###'

February 10, 1978...The day that changed the Rock N Roll guitar world!!!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Humans Being,5150,WhenIt'sLove
    Last Online

08.08.17 @ 07:44 PM
    Liked 18 Times in 2 Posts

Donor

I think July is a good time to go, however, I'm from Houston and it's very hot here during the summer. It's not near as humid (even though you'd think it would be) because it's desert. July is during their low-season, so airfare and hotels will be lower in price. We go toward the end of July every year.

Cabo can be expensive, but it can also be cheap. The first year we went, we stayed at small hotels in town and for 9 days, spent only $2K (that included airfare, hotels, food, entertainment, tips, drinks, ...literally EVERYTHING). We pay more now b/c we stay on the beach part of the time and go for a longer period of time. There are hotels in town that cost as little as $50/night. You can also easily spend $250-$800/night at the much nicer resorts.

Reasonable restaurants are everywhere. I don't understand why people say the food is so expensive (I must be eating the wrong things). We've never paid over $60 for a meal for two in Cabo. Your typical meal prices are around $10-$25 and this includes seafood. However, there are places like El Taco Loco (as te5150 mentioned) where you can get 3 tacos and a beer for around $6.

Just do your research on the internet before you go. Here are some good websites:

www.loscabosguide.com
    www.allaboutcabo.com
    www.cabovillas.com

It won't be quite as crowded in July if you go then. That's what we like about it. You'll still have a good crowd at the bars and clubs, but you don't have to wait in lines and make dinner reservations everywhere like you do during peak season.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I'll do my best to share what I know!
    Meet me in Cabo!

Favorite VH Album

All of them
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.17.17 @ 01:07 PM
    Liked 33 Times in 13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ktgiles
    I think July is a good time to go, however, I'm from Houston and it's very hot here during the summer. It's not near as humid (even though you'd think it would be) because it's desert. July is during their low-season, so airfare and hotels will be lower in price. We go toward the end of July every year.

Cabo can be expensive, but it can also be cheap. The first year we went, we stayed at small hotels in town and for 9 days, spent only $2K (that included airfare, hotels, food, entertainment, tips, drinks, ...literally EVERYTHING). We pay more now b/c we stay on the beach part of the time and go for a longer period of time. There are hotels in town that cost as little as $50/night. You can also easily spend $250-$800/night at the much nicer resorts.

Reasonable restaurants are everywhere. I don't understand why people say the food is so expensive (I must be eating the wrong things). We've never paid over $60 for a meal for two in Cabo. Your typical meal prices are around $10-$25 and this includes seafood. However, there are places like El Taco Loco (as te5150 mentioned) where you can get 3 tacos and a beer for around $6.

Just do your research on the internet before you go. Here are some good websites:

www.loscabosguide.com
    www.allaboutcabo.com
    www.cabovillas.com

It won't be quite as crowded in July if you go then. That's what we like about it. You'll still have a good crowd at the bars and clubs, but you don't have to wait in lines and make dinner reservations everywhere like you do during peak season.

Feel free to PM me with specific questions. I'll do my best to share what I know!

Thank so much for your help! Flight seem to be close to or just over $600 from NJ. That may turn me off. But we'll see.

Favorite VH Album

Last Online

09.24.13 @ 12:08 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZORBA5150
    Thank so much for your help! Flight seem to be close to or just over $600 from NJ. That may turn me off. But we'll see.
    Hey Zorba:

This is a philosophy I'm trying to explain to my 7 year-old son right now. He has a friend whose parents are MUCH better off than we are. So the friend has 10 times the number of toys, gadgets and doo-dads than my kid.

When my boy complained because his friend has a cell phone and a TV in his room hooked up to a Playstation and all this other crap, I let him know that his mom and I will gladly spend money on him, but we prefer to spend money on things that he can treasure, not things made of plastic.

In other words, memories.

I took both of my kids to a family fun park last weekend and dropped 50 bucks on tickets for them to drive little go-carts, ride the mini roller coaster and putter around in bumper boats. They laughed all night. This is something (I hope) they'll remember 30 years hence.

So, my advice: spend the money on the trip. Who knows, maybe decades down the line when you're lying on your death bed, the last thought that carries you to the other side will be of the Sea of Cortez's gentle waves and warm sand beneath your feet. Is that worth 600 bucks?