Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.07.17 @ 12:54 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Colorado high school says no to patriotic clothing

    Colorado high school says no to patriotic clothing

    Video Link
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack.Ē -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Eruption Executionor's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.28.01
    Age
    49
    Location
    Erie, Kansas
    Posts
    1,468
    Favorite VH Album

    1984
    Favorite VH Song

    Panama
    Last Online

    03.03.15 @ 08:24 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I am not surprised by anything anymore. This country is going to shit. Rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer, illegal immigrants are pooring in like rats. Fat ass oil execs are drowning in money and poor people can hardly eat. AMERICANS that cannot afford health care cannot get it, but if an immigrant makes it here illegally, everything is paid for.

    I was always skeptical of the saying "If you don't like what your politician is doing, vote them out" anyhow, but whoever comes in will conform to the machine that is already in place. One of the real shitters is that once these "representatives" gets into office, they have a pension for life. 4 years and they have a pension.

    Wow, I better look down to see what soap box I am on. Who sees what I am saying at all?

    Yes we live in the greatest nation on earth...for now, but that does not mean that it does not have major problems.
    "Knowing is not enough, we must apply,willing is not enough, we must do" -Goethe

    Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open.--Sir James Dewar, Scientist (1877-1925)

    Always drink upstream from the herd...
    --Will Rogers

    It is amazing how much some people can do with so little, however, what is even more amazing to me is how little some people can do with so much.
    --Somewhat me, mostly someone else, not sure who

  3. #3
    Eruption
    Join Date
    02.06.00
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,340
    Last Online

    07.10.17 @ 09:12 PM
    Likes
    2
    Liked 29 Times in 10 Posts

    Default

    I couldn't get link to work. Is this the same school where some students were harrassing hispanic kids with the American flag earlier this week due to the immigration debate? I do not know all of the details but I hope the kids are not using ol' glory to intimidate other kids. It is a symbol of freedom and pride and not to be used as an intimidation symbol.

  4. #4
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,043
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Likes
    37
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Executionor
    I am not surprised by anything anymore. This country is going to shit. Rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer, illegal immigrants are pooring in like rats. Fat ass oil execs are drowning in money and poor people can hardly eat. AMERICANS that cannot afford health care cannot get it, but if an immigrant makes it here illegally, everything is paid for.

    I was always skeptical of the saying "If you don't like what your politician is doing, vote them out" anyhow, but whoever comes in will conform to the machine that is already in place. One of the real shitters is that once these "representatives" gets into office, they have a pension for life. 4 years and they have a pension.

    Wow, I better look down to see what soap box I am on. Who sees what I am saying at all?

    Yes we live in the greatest nation on earth...for now, but that does not mean that it does not have major problems.

    I agree with everything you said. It is very sad, and it goes way beyond party lines. They're all in it together, Democrat, Republican or whatever party they're affiliated with.

    I believe that some of them get into politics with good intentions, but once they get in tight with the "Good Ol' Boys" club, it's all downhill from there. Once they start accepting all of the perks they're offered for selling out, it's hard to stop. The ones that don't sell out, probably don't last long. That's just my humble opinion.
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  5. #5
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Likes
    3,042
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Executionor
    I am not surprised by anything anymore. This country is going to shit. Rich are getting richer, poor are getting poorer, illegal immigrants are pooring in like rats. Fat ass oil execs are drowning in money and poor people can hardly eat. AMERICANS that cannot afford health care cannot get it, but if an immigrant makes it here illegally, everything is paid for.

    I was always skeptical of the saying "If you don't like what your politician is doing, vote them out" anyhow, but whoever comes in will conform to the machine that is already in place. One of the real shitters is that once these "representatives" gets into office, they have a pension for life. 4 years and they have a pension.

    Wow, I better look down to see what soap box I am on. Who sees what I am saying at all?

    Yes we live in the greatest nation on earth...for now, but that does not mean that it does not have major problems.
    YEP!!!! Agreed!

    Sick of everyone who are offened, the one's that yell, "That's not politically correct..." the "Save the spotted owl" the, "My God is better than you God..." fuckers that walk in the United States of America!!! Yeah, this is a free country, but the standards on which this country was founded, are being shit out and flushed down the toliet. You don't have to like/love the American Flag, God, the colors of Red, White and Blue....etc...but our goverment needs to stay focused on what OUR country is about. I believe the majority should rule. But, when a small group of people can change things, that have a dramatic affect, on the majority, then we as a people should really step back and take a long hard look at that, and STAND THE HELL UP AND FIGHT against these folks. I mean, the holiday of Christmas, each year, is loosing it's true meaning. Why, because some people find the word "Christ" offensive, (among other things dealing with CHRISTMAS).


    If you don't believe in something, don't. That's your right, however to throw your ideas in someone face, who does believe. If you don't like what you see, don' t look at it. If you don't like what you hear, don't listen to it. To many men and women have died in wars, standing up and fighting for our freedom, and our way of life. I think it's a disgrace and a slap in the face to everyone who paid the ultimate price for our country, and damn sure outta be a slap in the face, to the one's who still believe in what the United States, stands for.

    You are more than free, to leave this country, and take your buisness elsewhere, to a place that believe in your beliefs, but these fuckers don't have to bring our country down to their way of thinking, but sadly, this is being allowed to happen. Alec Baldwin, Sean Penn, and the other HOLLYWOOD flunkies, who swore that they would move to England if President Bush was relected to office, are the very one's who spearhead a lot of this "Anti American" bullshit. And sadly, there are many here among us, who choose to listen to these shit stains, that call themselves Americans.

    Sheeze, I could go on and on, but I haven't had my coffee yet.

    We're in a sad state here, in the good ole USA. People are hurting and no one gives 2 shits about it. THE FUTURE IS GONNA BE SCARY!!!

    HH <----Gonna go wash some clothes and hope to GOD that someone doesn't come and jump down my throat, for using 10 gallons of water, that some fish in a lake here, is gonna miss.--------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  6. #6
    The Joker BradS's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.21.04
    Posts
    2,332
    Last Online

    06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    Alec Baldwin, Sean Penn, and the other HOLLYWOOD flunkies are the very one's who spearhead a lot of this "Anti American" bullshit. And sadly, there are many here among us, who choose to listen to these shit stains, that call themselves Americans.
    Why don't you enlighten me about what any of these people do that is "Anti-American" ?
    Last edited by BradS; 04.08.06 at 10:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Hang 'Em High Hurricane Halen's Avatar
    Join Date
    07.17.03
    Age
    49
    Location
    Shreveport Louisiana
    Posts
    6,600
    Favorite VH Album

    All of them
    Favorite VH Song

    All of them
    Last Online

    12.09.17 @ 07:27 AM
    Likes
    3,042
    Liked 2,299 Times in 1,256 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    Why don't you enlighten me about what any of these people do that is "Anti-American" ?
    Enlighten yourself and do some research! It's out there on the net. But, to give you an example, you might not agree with policies setforth by Pres. Bush, but to sit there and slam a President durning time of war, NOT COOL. Sean Penn going to Baghdad, before the invasion, just to "make a point..." Brad, you know exactly what I am talking about.

    Here ya go bro.....need some history, learn about these "Hollywood Tools"

    1. Alec Baldwin (Thinks Cheney is a Terrorist)
    2. Sean Penn
    3. Micheal Moore
    4. Jane Fonda
    5. Tim Robbins
    6. Susan Sarandon

    Just to name a few.........

    HH <----RENT THIS SPACE------------------------
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    VH LINKS Resident Paramedic/Firefighter
    #officialhashtaghater
    Copyright holder of all things, "<-----------------"

    UC<------Goal in life to be included in an HH sig-----

  8. #8
    Atomic Punk Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    02.21.03
    Age
    52
    Location
    Mound Valley, Kansas
    Posts
    9,043
    Favorite VH Album

    5150, Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    Dance The Night Away, Dreams
    Last Online

    11.02.17 @ 09:45 PM
    Likes
    37
    Liked 28 Times in 9 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    Enlighten yourself and do some research! It's out there on the net. But, to give you an example, you might not agree with policies setforth by Pres. Bush, but to sit there and slam a President durning time of war, NOT COOL. Sean Penn going to Baghdad, before the invasion, just to "make a point..." Brad, you know exactly what I am talking about.

    Here ya go bro.....need some history, learn about these "Hollywood Tools"

    1. Alec Baldwin (Thinks Cheney is a Terrorist)
    2. Sean Penn
    3. Micheal Moore
    4. Jane Fonda
    5. Tim Robbins
    6. Susan Sarandon

    Just to name a few.........

    HH <----RENT THIS SPACE------------------------

    I'll add another:

    7. George Clooney
    "Viking - last to sleep, first to rise, last to leave, that's how the Nords of old rocked the house." ~ timmac in the 'Texas Linkers' thread talking about yours truly. :-)

  9. #9
    The Joker BradS's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.21.04
    Posts
    2,332
    Last Online

    06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen
    Enlighten yourself and do some research! It's out there on the net.
    That is a troubling statement.

    But, to give you an example, you might not agree with policies setforth by Pres. Bush, but to sit there and slam a President durning time of war, NOT COOL. Sean Penn going to Baghdad, before the invasion, just to "make a point..." Brad, you know exactly what I am talking about.

    Here ya go bro.....need some history, learn about these "Hollywood Tools"

    1. Alec Baldwin (Thinks Cheney is a Terrorist)
    2. Sean Penn
    3. Micheal Moore
    4. Jane Fonda
    5. Tim Robbins
    6. Susan Sarandon

    Just to name a few.........

    HH <----RENT THIS SPACE------------------------

    You still have failed to answer my question. What have any of these people done that is "Anti-American"?

    The example you gave isn't "Anti-American". If anything, it is "Pro-American". Our country was born out of dissent...it's our heritage. There is nothing "Anti-American" about it.
    Last edited by BradS; 04.08.06 at 01:14 PM.

  10. #10
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    On the ACTUAL THREAD TOPIC:

    I can see the school trying to defuse campus trouble by banning certain kinds of clothing, at least temorarily. As along as all flags from all countries are equally banned it's fair. Most of you guys are too yong to remember that on many HIGHSCHOOL CAMPUSES there were riots durring the late 1960s, usually hippies vs short-hairs. Kids were stabbed, beaten and killed. Teenagers are stupid and if the school needs to head off trouble, that's the bottom line. If your kid want's to die for their country then they can enlist when they are 17 years old in the military. Until then, they shouldn't be looking for a fight they're not ready to end.

    On the Hijacked topic:

    Celebrities are morons and hypocrites as far as politics goes. Few are college educated and all live in a socially isolated wasteland of like-minded people and ass-kissers.

    They're entitled to their opinions and I'm entitled to ignore them.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  11. #11
    The Joker BradS's Avatar
    Join Date
    11.21.04
    Posts
    2,332
    Last Online

    06.10.07 @ 04:25 AM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxman300
    On the ACTUAL THREAD TOPIC:

    I can see the school trying to defuse campus trouble by banning certain kinds of clothing, at least temorarily. As along as all flags from all countries are equally banned it's fair. Most of you guys are too yong to remember that on many HIGHSCHOOL CAMPUSES there were riots durring the late 1960s, usually hippies vs short-hairs. Kids were stabbed, beaten and killed. Teenagers are stupid and if the school needs to head off trouble, that's the bottom line. If your kid want's to die for their country then they can enlist when they are 17 years old in the military. Until then, they shouldn't be looking for a fight they're not ready to end.

    On the Hijacked topic:

    Celebrities are morons and hypocrites as far as politics goes. Few are college educated and all live in a socially isolated wasteland of like-minded people and ass-kissers.

    They're entitled to their opinions and I'm entitled to ignore them.
    There was no "highjack". The topic was about patriotic clothing at a school. The conversation involving celebrities being patriotic or not is relevant to that topic.

    Smartass.

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    The thread is about a school banning patriotic symbols on clothing.

    The hijack is about liberal celebrities.

    The 2nd hijack is now what constitutes thread hijacking.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

  13. #13
    Atomic Punk FORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    01.26.00
    Age
    51
    Location
    The Mighty Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,807
    Favorite VH Album

    All 6 of em!!
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained
    Last Online

    10.22.17 @ 08:55 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Halen

    Here ya go bro.....need some history, learn about these "Hollywood Tools"

    1. Stephen Baldwin (Thinks Cheney isn't a Terrorist)
    2. Dennis Miller
    3. Ron Silver
    4. Ted Nugent
    5. Charlie Daniels
    6. Penn Jillette

    Just to name a few.........
    Yeah, those guys are sorry sacks of shit, alright.
    Eat Us And Smile

    Welcome back, Van HALEN!!!!

    ...It's the BAND and Dave is really the cat that can front VH. He sang his ASS off and was really cool. No cheese here guys, this is filet Mignon! - Steve Lukather's comment after witnessing a Van HALEN 2007 rehearsal

    "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears?"- 1 Samuel 15:14

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Why cant this teacher be at my high school?
    By Thai Boxer 9901 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05.13.06, 01:16 PM
  2. Ahh...high school...
    By MackieMan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07.15.05, 07:43 PM
  3. VH almost in Rock N Roll High School...
    By Hide Your Sheep in forum Main VH Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02.01.05, 12:36 AM
  4. NBA, high school hoopsters and, of course, LeBron...
    By SactoFan in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12.19.02, 03:33 PM
  5. High School shooting in San Diego
    By Hal Apeno in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 03.07.01, 02:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •