Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Maybe its not as bad..

Maybe the situation with VH isnt as bad as everyone is making it out to be.. I mean I dont see Sammy getting on his site and bashing VH, and I dont consider what Mike said to be bashing. If anything I think that "The Other Half" or whatever their calling themselves is Mike & Sam trying to get the VH brothers to come out and play.

I cant really see Mike going out with VH and Roth. It seems that him & Sam are too tight. And I dont see VH going out without Mike. I think we will see VH again and with Sam (though I do hope to see them with Roth before its all over.) but it seems to me that Sam is the only option for the band to have some chance of being happy while on the road...

I'm just throwing this out there.. I was thinking a lot about this situation today. Any thoughts?

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I agree. However, I'd take 3 or 4 albums of new material with either roth or hagar, and no touring, if that is a way to get some new music going. If you think about it. Ed should write a few songs, have both singers listen to it, go in the studio, record each version. See who makes a better song. Ed can stay away from the studio while each singer is in their recording, and that way no confrontations will happen. End result some new music. I don't care if they ever tour again, in fact I really hope that they don't. Whats really the point? I take back what I said, I still want them to tour. Ah, not going to happen anyways...useless babble
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Little Dreamer
    Last Online

06.19.09 @ 08:29 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoHalen5150
    I agree. However, I'd take 3 or 4 albums of new material with either roth or hagar, and no touring, if that is a way to get some new music going. If you think about it. Ed should write a few songs, have both singers listen to it, go in the studio, record each version. See who makes a better song. Ed can stay away from the studio while each singer is in their recording, and that way no confrontations will happen. End result some new music. I don't care if they ever tour again, in fact I really hope that they don't. Whats really the point? I take back what I said, I still want them to tour. Ah, not going to happen anyways...useless babble

I like your idea in theory, DoHalen5150, but can you imagine Dave and Sammy agreeing to those working conditions? 'So... why don't you try singing this song and after you're done, we'll decide if we're going to use your version or your bitter rival's.'

Little Dreamer
    Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

poundcake & hot for teacher
    Last Online

04.27.07 @ 07:48 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150
    Maybe the situation with VH isnt as bad as everyone is making it out to be.. I mean I dont see Sammy getting on his site and bashing VH, and I dont consider what Mike said to be bashing. If anything I think that "The Other Half" or whatever their calling themselves is Mike & Sam trying to get the VH brothers to come out and play.

I cant really see Mike going out with VH and Roth. It seems that him & Sam are too tight. And I dont see VH going out without Mike. I think we will see VH again and with Sam (though I do hope to see them with Roth before its all over.) but it seems to me that Sam is the only option for the band to have some chance of being happy while on the road...

I'm just throwing this out there.. I was thinking a lot about this situation today. Any thoughts?
    very optimistic view.......i hope it true......i will keep my fingers crossed!

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Too many to decide
    Last Online

10.08.15 @ 11:37 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DoHalen5150

I like your idea in theory, DoHalen5150, but can you imagine Dave and Sammy agreeing to those working conditions? 'So... why don't you try singing this song and after you're done, we'll decide if we're going to use your version or your bitter rival's.'

Well, no I don't think it would ever work, but Sammy these days seems to always be talking about how he'll do anything. Dave seems pretty desperate by the talk on his radio show to get a reunion back together...Can't have the "best of both worlds"
    Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it. DLR

Hang 'Em High
    Favorite VH Album

You name it
    Favorite VH Song

See above
    Last Online

12.10.17 @ 08:06 AM
    Liked 226 Times in 162 Posts

I think it's mostly on Eddie to decide. Mike will do what he needs to for the fans, Alex will go as Eddie goes no matter what, and Sammy is the more likely to end up back in the band. If Dave wants a reunion, he has got to stop bashing Eddie and start trying to be a friend. All he does is bash Eddie, making things worse and worse.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Alex will do nothing, unless its with his brother.

Ed, I dont see him doing anything anytime soon.

Mikey and Sammy will play and have fun (hint hint)

Dave will do whatever comes his way and keep hoping the VH bros. will do something with him.

Top Of The World
    Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Sinner's Swing
    Last Online

12.14.17 @ 04:31 PM
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I really don't see it as a feasible money making venture for VH to go back on the road with Sammy. Attendence on the last tour in quite a few markets was pretty lean....with Roth it would be a different story for one tour just for the nostalgia value if nothing else. After that, another album of new material might give a Classic VH reunion a little more shelf life...but it would have to be one hell of an album!!

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

pardon me, but we keep rehashing the same thing week after week. is there anything new we can discuss.

Sinner's Swing! 79th and Sunset's Avatar
    Last Online

10.22.17 @ 12:35 PM
    Liked 16 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    pardon me, but we keep rehashing the same thing week after week. is there anything new we can discuss.
    I know I wish there was

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance, ADKOFT
    Favorite VH Song

Romeo Delight, As Is
    Last Online

03.30.15 @ 10:40 PM
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Default Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    Lol man I was trying to think of something... I was just getting it off my chest... I agree that Dave needs to stop bashing Ed, and Ed needs to get it together. But I still think Sam is going to be back at some point. If VH goes out again that is.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained
    Last Online

12.15.17 @ 05:32 AM
    Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Donor

Look at it this way...before the 04 reunion, everybody was burying VH just like they are now. There was no word from camp, no movement, no news, no music. Nothing.

So lots of people bailed. There was even talk of closing up this site. Why bother, you know?

Then one day, Sam's in L.A. and gets a wild hair to call Al. Badaboom badabing, we gots us a tour. And new life.

It'll happen again, folks. Dave, Sammy, whoever. Ed will get the itch, tell his brother, and everyone will get back on the horse. But this time, I think it's got to start at 5150 or it won't start at all.

Until then, we can all talk about more pressing, life-threatening issues...like Ed's teeth.

Eruption
    Last Online

12.12.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 40 Times in 24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love
    I think it's mostly on Eddie to decide. Mike will do what he needs to for the fans, Alex will go as Eddie goes no matter what, and Sammy is the more likely to end up back in the band. If Dave wants a reunion, he has got to stop bashing Eddie and start trying to be a friend. All he does is bash Eddie, making things worse and worse.
    That's an approach. Another is for EVH is get his life together. While I think Dave is an egomaniac, he does call it like he sees it in this case. What has he ever said about EVH that's not turned out true?

acs

Favorite VH Album

VH II
    Favorite VH Song

Unchained, DOA
    Last Online

06.14.17 @ 06:46 PM
    Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by ravid dee loth
    I really don't see it as a feasible money making venture for VH to go back on the road with Sammy. Attendence on the last tour in quite a few markets was pretty lean....with Roth it would be a different story for one tour just for the nostalgia value if nothing else. After that, another album of new material might give a Classic VH reunion a little more shelf life...but it would have to be one hell of an album!!
    The tour with Sam could have been a lot bigger too, if it had better promotion, and better new material to promote. A tour with Dave would seem like a cash cow, but if the promotion is half assed and the performances match the promotion,it wouldn't do as well as expected either.

Now a new CVH CD, followed by a worldwide tour, appearances on TV(Letterman,etc), sponsorship by VH1 maybe with constant mention there, interviews with a coherent and seemingly happy Ed, and finally some really good word of mouth on the early shows--you'd have a huge tour.(Slightly less expensive tickets couldn't hurt either).

It seems as if VH squandered the Sammy reunion angle. I can't see them fronting a big tour with Sam again unless they go out and make a new record and can get some airplay. Otherwise, each tour with Sam would be less successful than the one before. (Breathing some new life into the setlist couldn't hurt either).

I think VH could do a big tour with either guy again. With Sam it may be harder because I think they would have to get off their asses and make a new record, with Dave they could pretty much hit the road at anytime with or without new material and have a strong tour--but they'd have to find a way to finally get along with each other. (Then again, maybe that's the harder approach.)

I'm not holding my breath on either.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StonewallVH5150
    I cant really see Mike going out with VH and Roth. It seems that him & Sam are too tight. And I dont see VH going out without Mike. I think we will see VH again and with Sam (though I do hope to see them with Roth before its all over.)