Follow us on...
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Watch us on YouTube
Register
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default (PSAS) persistent sexual arousal syndrome

    Sex syndrome 'needs more research'

    LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Doctors called on Friday for more research into a very rare, poorly understood syndrome that is the opposite of the most common sexual complaint in women.

    Instead of failing to get aroused, women suffering from persistent sexual arousal syndrome (PSAS) experience constant, unprovoked feelings of excitement.

    "Persistent sexual arousal syndrome occurs when a woman becomes involuntarily aroused for extended periods of time in the absence of sexual desire," said Dr. David Goldmeier of St. Mary's Hospital in London.

    But rather than being a pleasant sensation, Goldmeier, who described PSAS in a report in the International Journal of STD & AIDS, said it is embarrassing and very distressing for women.

    Some sufferers have reported being suicidal, he added.

    In the majority of cases the cause is unknown but a number of women report symptoms after they stop taking antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

    Because so few cases have been studied, little is known about the prevalence of the problem or the best treatments for a condition that was first diagnosed in 2001.

    "It deserves continued research, not only because it is a distressing and perplexing condition, but also because ... treatment may lead to greater understanding of other aspects of female sexual response," said Goldmeier and Dr. Sandra Leiblum of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Piscataway, New Jersey.

    The International Journal of STD & AIDS is published by the Royal Society of Medicine in London.
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  2. #2
    Atomic Punk fast98dodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.24.04
    Age
    43
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,212
    Favorite VH Album

    Van Halen II
    Last Online

    08.07.17 @ 08:14 PM
    Likes
    331
    Liked 313 Times in 149 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Where are these chicks?

    I'll be more than happy to help them in any way I can... (only if they're hot, though...)
    Jet City Super Stealth
    Marshall 50th Anniversary JCM-1H and Class 5 Combo
    Austin Speaker Works KTS-60

  3. #3
    Eruption blacknblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    10.25.03
    Location
    Mid-America
    Posts
    796
    Favorite VH Album

    OU812
    Favorite VH Song

    Isn't it obvious?
    Last Online

    09.13.06 @ 09:37 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by voivod
    Sex syndrome 'needs more research'

    LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Doctors called on Friday for more research into a very rare, poorly understood syndrome that is the opposite of the most common sexual complaint in women.

    Instead of failing to get aroused, women suffering from persistent sexual arousal syndrome (PSAS) experience constant, unprovoked feelings of excitement.

    "Persistent sexual arousal syndrome occurs when a woman becomes involuntarily aroused for extended periods of time in the absence of sexual desire," said Dr. David Goldmeier of St. Mary's Hospital in London.

    But rather than being a pleasant sensation, Goldmeier, who described PSAS in a report in the International Journal of STD & AIDS, said it is embarrassing and very distressing for women.

    Some sufferers have reported being suicidal, he added.

    In the majority of cases the cause is unknown but a number of women report symptoms after they stop taking antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.

    Because so few cases have been studied, little is known about the prevalence of the problem or the best treatments for a condition that was first diagnosed in 2001.

    "It deserves continued research, not only because it is a distressing and perplexing condition, but also because ... treatment may lead to greater understanding of other aspects of female sexual response," said Goldmeier and Dr. Sandra Leiblum of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Piscataway, New Jersey.

    The International Journal of STD & AIDS is published by the Royal Society of Medicine in London.
    So what about those of us who are voluntarily aroused for extended periods of time with sexual desire and there's no one there to help a sistah out?!?!?!
    Honey, I ain't through with you!

    GO ILLINI!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Baluchitherium Texas Poundcake's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.16.04
    Age
    45
    Location
    Middle of Tornado/earthquake alley.... so confused!!!
    Posts
    4,141
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

    Poundcake
    Last Online

    07.22.17 @ 01:18 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacknblue
    So what about those of us who are voluntarily aroused for extended periods of time with sexual desire and there's no one there to help a sistah out?!?!?!

    That is when this nice little kit comes in handy!

    http://www.myspace.com/texaschic22
    It's private.. but if you at least say who you are from VH links I will add ya!

  5. #5
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Wow multi speeds and everything.

    I wonder if they need more subjects to "study."
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  6. #6
    no stinkin click! muffdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    05.27.02
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    7,761
    Favorite VH Album

    all
    Favorite VH Song

    strung out....
    Last Online

    02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts


    Premium Member

    Donor

    Default

    Wow .....lotta horny chics in here tonight....

  7. #7
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Well it IS Saturday nite after all.

    Actually, it's a nite.

    All ya need.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  8. #8
    Atomic Punk LLFHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.08.04
    Location
    Secret Witness Protection Location
    Posts
    31,731
    Favorite VH Album

    Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

    Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

    07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Likes
    34
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    That is when this nice little kit comes in handy!

    Hay-zoose! Looks like a pack of Farmer John's!

    Them's awfully small! I thought you ladies liked bigger .....equipment.
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

    [sigpic][/sigpic]


    Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

  9. #9
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Well wait a minute - that pic's not drawn to scale.

    And yep. Sometimes bigger's better.

    Sometimes. Not all the time tho.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  10. #10
    Baluchitherium sisca's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.26.04
    Age
    47
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,186
    Favorite VH Album

    F.U.C.K.
    Favorite VH Song

    judgement day/ me wise magic
    Last Online

    06.12.16 @ 07:51 PM
    Likes
    1
    Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    That is when this nice little kit comes in handy!

    so THAT'S where the engine to my weed eater went! TP, when you're done can i have the engine back? the grass is getting tall.
    """"\//-/""""


    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!


    www.myspace.com/mikesisca

    "If ladies want Valentines Day so bad either make Superbowl Sunday an actual holiday or give guys Steak and Blowjob Day and we'll call it even." T.RYAN, sharing thoughts on valentine's day.

    " SHUT UP, FAGGOT." - Vinnie Velvet, showing off that sharp wit of his.

    DIRTY SANCHEZ- It's not just for breakfast anymore!



    Originally posted by FORD
    History tells us that oppressive nations build walls to keep people IN, not out.
    (See "Berlin Wall" and "Likud Israel" for examples) FORD- when i told him i'd build a wall between the US and Mexico.

    then ill build it from the mexican side. -my reply.

  11. #11
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    01.29.02
    Age
    49
    Location
    somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    22,946
    Last Online

    12.11.17 @ 04:37 PM
    Likes
    842
    Liked 1,229 Times in 448 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smithjc
    And yep. Sometimes bigger's better.
    Sometimes. Not all the time tho.
    My ears are ringing...
    "Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. -- Gen. George S. Patton

  12. #12
    Atomic Punk smithjc's Avatar
    Join Date
    04.12.00
    Location
    The US of A
    Posts
    16,463
    Favorite VH Album

    Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

    Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

    08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Likes
    130
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    One ringy dingy.................................
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

    "A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One



  13. #13
    Atomic Punk stilleddiesangel's Avatar
    Join Date
    03.30.04
    Location
    A Brit in Texas
    Posts
    9,106
    Favorite VH Album

    Have a soft spot for F*U*C*K
    Favorite VH Song

    Unchained/Mine All Mine
    Last Online

    08.25.17 @ 05:45 PM
    Likes
    82
    Liked 30 Times in 11 Posts


    Donor

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Poundcake
    That is when this nice little kit comes in handy!

    Ahhh.. the joys of internet shopping... do they deliver wrapped??? And do you think Heather, if we club together and order in bulk would be get a discount...

    I know about long periods of unfullfilled arousal... it's the story of my freaking life goddam it!!!
    ****Texas - Home Of My Heart****

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #14
    Atomic Punk jimmy812's Avatar
    Join Date
    06.03.04
    Age
    46
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    7,640
    Last Online

    06.03.17 @ 06:59 PM
    Likes
    1,188
    Liked 327 Times in 204 Posts

    Default

    Big deal! We guys have had that syndrome all of our lives!!

  15. #15
    Atomic Punk
    Join Date
    12.25.01
    Age
    53
    Location
    Carmel, Ca
    Posts
    7,954
    Favorite VH Album

    Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

    You\'re Kidding,right?
    Last Online

    05.31.14 @ 08:17 PM
    Likes
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    I hope that science can isolate the biology behind this syndrome....and then refine it into pill form.
    "Nothing is ever what it seems but everything is exactly what it is." - B. Banzai


    My Blog:

    http://axxman300tool.blogspot.com/

    http://www.myspace.com/axxman300

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Women Struggle to Cope With Persistent Sexual Arousal Syndrome
    By Phatie in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05.12.06, 10:29 AM
  2. Last Sexual Position You Were In???
    By SNIC in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 10.02.05, 06:41 PM
  3. wArNiNiG VeRy SeXuAl
    By space4rent5150 in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05.21.02, 03:13 PM
  4. fourth album syndrome
    By edwardocatflappo in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Music Only)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05.03.02, 07:21 AM
  5. Teenager Syndrome
    By ANGEL4U in forum VH Fans Meeting Place (Non-Music)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04.07.01, 10:06 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •