Favorite VH Album

Van Halen I
    Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

09.16.13 @ 02:25 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right Now

This song is an anomaly to me. It doesn't sound much like any other VH song from any era and it's really popular. It's one of those songs that got sucked into American culture and took on a life of it's own. I almost forget that it's a VH song.

It has a killer solo too. It's my favorite EVH solo probably. It compliments the song perfectly and takes it somewhere. Very dramatic. It doesn't rely on a lot of Ed's usually techniques either. It's just kind a climatic, bluesy, hyper-speed thing. It's kind of like Jump in that the song has no prominent guitar part, but the solo kicks ass. His playing in the beginning before the vocals enter is really good too. It always sounded like an animal ripping through the fabric of the song to me. His playing on F.U.C.K. was very safe and tight. On Balance he really got back into the over-the-top crazy stuff that he normally does. F.U.C.K. for me was kind of a nice short vacation from that. He played for the songs and very melodically.

I think it's a really good song that never gets much love around here because it's so popular. The recording is just really amazing. It's one of those songs that was never quite as good live. They struck some magic in the studio. Great lyrics, great music, great playing, and a cool video. The whole thing just comes together perfectly. It's not my favorite VH song, but it's a damn good (and unusual) one.

Favorite VH Album

all
    Favorite VH Song

strung out....
    Last Online

02.28.14 @ 07:54 PM
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

Premium Member

Donor

Yep, it's great, i'll always love it i think....

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen, 1984, 5150
    Favorite VH Song

Today? Stay Frosty
    Last Online

06.16.17 @ 09:53 AM
    Liked 104 Times in 44 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by FatStrat85
    This song is an anomaly to me. It doesn't sound much like any other VH song from any era and it's really popular. It's one of those songs that got sucked into American culture and took on a life of it's own. I almost forget that it's a VH song.

It has a killer solo too. It's my favorite EVH solo probably. It compliments the song perfectly and takes it somewhere. Very dramatic. It doesn't rely on a lot of Ed's usually techniques either. It's just kind a climatic, bluesy, hyper-speed thing. It's kind of like Jump in that the song has no prominent guitar part, but the solo kicks ass. His playing in the beginning before the vocals enter is really good too. It always sounded like an animal ripping through the fabric of the song to me. His playing on F.U.C.K. was very safe and tight. On Balance he really got back into the over-the-top crazy stuff that he normally does. F.U.C.K. for me was kind of a nice short vacation from that. He played for the songs and very melodically.

I think it's a really good song that never gets much love around here because it's so popular. The recording is just really amazing. It's one of those songs that was never quite as good live. They struck some magic in the studio. Great lyrics, great music, great playing, and a cool video. The whole thing just comes together perfectly. It's not my favorite VH song, but it's a damn good (and unusual) one.
    Nice review, Strat...I agree with every single thing you've said here.
    I don't mind it live...in 2004, the song was really an awesome song to close with before the encores...the crowd in Chicago seemed to enjoy the hell out of it...and it was harder than normal...
    The Barn Burned Down, Now I can See the Moon

Favorite VH Album

Anything Mike played on
    Favorite VH Song

Anything Mike played on
    Last Online

07.30.17 @ 08:59 PM
    Liked 60 Times in 35 Posts

Donor

Love the tune...always have.

Now I just need the lobe of my brain removed that makes me think of "Crystal" Pepsi whenever I hear it. :
    LowLifeFlatHeadScum

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Your Hacked Nude Photo Here!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LowLifeFlatHeadScum
    Love the tune...always have.

Now I just need the lobe of my brain removed that makes me think of "Crystal" Pepsi whenever I hear it. :
    Lucky for me, I wasn't old enough for those commercials.

Right Now is a truly great song. Tied as my second favorite by VH, but probably VH's greatest piece musically and lyrically.
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Last Online

09.26.07 @ 02:38 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Although it's one of VH's best-known songs, I never get tired of hearing it. For some reason I think it sounds the best in my car. The first VH show I saw in '95 opened with Right Now, which was pretty cool.
    "It's so damn hot... milk was a bad choice." --Ron Burgundy, Anchorman

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Dreams
    Last Online

12.16.07 @ 05:30 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Default Right Now

Yeah Its one of my favorite solo's too.. just so ****ing harmonical... just love it.. the song has a great piano intro too..

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

I agree with you extreme red roth, it was pretty cool in '04 before the encores. I've seen Sammy do it solo with just the vocals and piano. I think Sam said at the solo show that he was paying respect to the song and that it was written originally with just Ed playing piano and Sam singing. I didn't get too big of a kick out of that rendition, but I thought that it pretty much rocked on the '04 reunion tour. Great song with inspiring lyrics. I love the line "Gonna turn this thing around..Right Now". Pretty simple I know, but after hearing that I'm just like "Hell Yeah!!"

Favorite VH Album

Women and Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Beautiful Girls!
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 01:26 AM
    Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

Donor

Right now...

I am watching the video on my computer and just blasting the song in my apartment. I fucking still love this song, and the video is as relevent today as it was back when it came out... Damn the old days, I miss it.