WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Favorite VH Stuff

Still trying to spread some happy! Join in, now, people!

1 - When did the Van Halen obsession start for you? Can you pinpoint the moment?
    2 - What piece of VH music never fails to raise the fur on your arms?
    3 - What is your favorite VH concert experience?
    4 - What is your favorite VH boot and why does it rock? Be specific! Make others want to own it!
    5 - What cool VH memorabilia do you own? Include pics if you can.

Come on, get happy!
    Last edited by vh_chick; 03.24.06 at 11:50 AM.
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007

Favorite VH Album

1984 / 5150
    Favorite VH Song

the ones with ed on them.
    Last Online

07.20.17 @ 02:42 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by vh_chick

1 - When did the Van Halen obsession start for you? Can you pinpoint the moment?
    4 - What is your favorite VH boot and why does it rock? Be specific! Make others want to own it!

Come on, get happy!
    LOL! Shar, you're great!

1 - The first time I saw VH on the US Fest '83.
    2 - "5150", "Girl Gone Bad" or "House Of Pain", EVERYTIME!
    3 - BY FAR the 5-star thing in Dallas last time around.
    4 - My recently created AUDIO copy of LWAN, burned stright from the DVD.
    For the price of admission, "5150" is worth it ALONE. 'Nuff said!
    5 - See here for a bunch of it:
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/showthread.php?t=30167,
    although that's just the TIP of the iceberg as far as what I have.
    I lost count of how many items I have YEARS ago...

-Bill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"20 minutes (late to work)? Shit. Last year I woke up three weeks too late.
    My advice is to go for the alien abduction story. Look bemused, dishevelled and on the verge of tears as you recount your story of intrusive and degrading medical tests.
    Worked for me anyway. I still have colleagues asking me what it is like to fuck a green womanoid with seventeen breasts.
    Alternatively just walk in and inform everyone that alcoholism is indeed a disease and that they should be less judgemental and perhaps a little more supportive."
    - graeme on the addiction to this place.

"something tells me that after the nuclear holocaust, there'll be twinkies, cockroaches, and a dave vs. sammy argument going on somewhere".
    - han valen, 6.11.04

"in my best "saw" scary movie voice: "oh, yes, there will be beagles."
    - hatchetforce, 6.7.06

Last Online

10.06.11 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

5 - What cool VH memorabilia do you own? Include pics if you can

1. when 1984 came out i was in 5th grade and I have my 5th grade class picture with a vh shirt on.

2.right now. It was playing on tv when my first son was born when they were doing a count down on forth of july and it happened to be playing when he was born!!

3. balance tour I was 2nd row and got a pick from mike!!!

4. vh 2004 tour in iowa

5.a pick and a signed drum that has alex,mike sammy and ed on it

Favorite VH Album

5150 / 1984
    Favorite VH Song

BOBW / Panama
    Last Online

12.05.17 @ 08:26 AM
    Liked 201 Times in 78 Posts

Premium Member

Watching Live Without at Net for weeks on end at my first job at the end of the night mopping floors.

On LWAN when during Eddies solo on 5150 when Sammy points to him with "The King" banner. Awesome moment. wore out the tape on that solo.

Eddie's solo I'm hanging on every note and amazed each time I hear him play. Seeing him on stage closing his eyes and jamming for everbody is a just a great privilege to be a part of.

Not so much a boot but the Entertainment Tonight and MTV Van Halen Unleashed television shows I bought on DVD recently on EBAY. I have a six hour tape with a ton of VH shows from MTV through the years on one tape and I used to watch it all the time. It's nice to have the unleashed show on DVD now. It's so cool to see them getting a long on those shows and the interviews are great. Great stories. I need to copy that tape to DVD someday.

A striped Eddie pick from the last tour.
    I painted my first really crappy guitar like Eddie's It didn't turn out so hot but I dig it. Also my matching crappy high tops.

here's one of my guitar in action.
    Now comes my favorite part of the show. It's my favorite part of the whole evening. We've been on tour since March and I have no better time anytime then right now because I get to go sit down, have myself a nice cold one and listen to the greatest rock n'roll guitar player in the world. Mr. Eddie Van Halen. - Sammy Hagar

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Hearing Eruption for the first time.

The first VH album from start to finish

Gotta be Oakland, 1981 during the Fair Warning tour when the lights went down and I heard Edward's wailin Halen for the first time live.

The few live vids from the Oakland show cause it brings back all the memories!!! W/B nice to have the entire show tho.

I've managed to accumulate quite the collection over the years but cannot include pics. I think my prize possession is the autographed six-pack.

Come on, get happy!
    O-tay!!!
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

I'm The One
    Last Online

12.20.07 @ 05:39 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Grat topic!

1 - When did the Van Halen obsession start for you? Can you pinpoint the moment?The Hot For Teacher video. I was at my friends house watching MTV and I saw Eddie on the table during his solo and I've been hooked ever since. It was also the moment I wanted to play guitar. It was a defining moment in my life.

Eddies playing coming out of the do-whop section of I'm The One. I adore that song so much I can't explain it, nor do I have to round these parts.

3 - What is your favorite VH concert experience?The Balance tour. It was snowing like a mother, blizzard conditions, and it was an outdoor venue. We were all freezing our asses off until VH hit the stage and then you didn't even notice it. Everyone was your friend that night. I met so many awsome people that night. It was like being at the biggest party ever thrown. People were even sliding bare chested down the isles like a slip and slide it was killer. Haven't had that much fun in a long, long time. Damn those were good times.

4 - What is your favorite VH boot and why does it rock? Be specific! Make others want to own it!Don't collect boots. Just not my thing. I listen to every one I can but that's about it.

5 - What cool VH memorabilia do you own? Include pics if you can.My ticket stubs. Might be lame memoribilia but it takes me back and I love re-living those times.

Favorite VH Album

Women & Children First
    Favorite VH Song

Fools/All things Halenized
    Last Online

08.04.17 @ 11:33 PM
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts

Donor

Tix stubs are kewl!!! I've got mine.

I remember being paranoid that someone was gonna swipe 'em before I got into the show.
    RIP - Classic Van Halen

"A lot of people take Van Halen more seriously than we do." The Diamond One

Last Online

07.31.17 @ 10:58 PM
    Liked 94 Times in 60 Posts

haha that guitar in that picture definetly knows how to handle lots of beer. awesome.

Favorite VH Album

The one I'm listenin' to.
    Favorite VH Song

Can't pick just one
    Last Online

01.21.15 @ 08:57 AM
    Liked 15 Times in 15 Posts

1. In 1984 when my parents got cable and I saw the "Jump" video. I was hooked for life.

2. Hearing Alex play "Hot For Teacher", "Unchained" cranked up on the stereo, Sammy screaming at the end of "5150", and the groove Eddie and Michael play in the solo of "Amsterdam".

3. All of them.

4. Van Halen playing Pasadena Civic Center. Pure raw live VH at their best

5. Ticket stubs, T-shirts, boots, posters, caps, CD's, DVD's, VCR tapes, and my Van Halen logo tattoo.

Last Online

10.06.11 @ 12:04 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here is another moment (bad) My buddies and i went to the balance tour and this hot chick snuck up to row 2 where i was and started to dance around with me and asked can i stay here with you and i said yes of course. Then my buddies bitch of a girlfriend call security and yells hey she isn't supposed to be here!!! I was what the hell is wrong with you!!! They kicked her back to where she was seated but what a bag of a girlfriend he had. But it was outdoors and had the time of my life!!! Thanks vh!!

Atomic Punk
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II/OU812
    Favorite VH Song

Good Enough/Little Guitars
    Last Online

06.25.15 @ 09:06 AM
    Liked 42 Times in 11 Posts

Come on, get happy!
    1. My parents are crazy Van Halen fans, and brought me up RIGHT after VH3 in 1999. So I'll say I've been a fan since I was around seven years old, and became a fan at the worst possible time, lol.

2. Hot For Teacher, Poundcake, Right Now, Humans Being, Me Wise Magic, One I Want, and Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love, because these were the songs that got me started as a fan, and remain my favorites today. I also dig It's About Time, simply because it was the first "new" Van Halen music I've ever gotten the opportunity to experience in my life.

3. I've only had one concert experience, and that would be Chicago, July 19, 2004. GREAT show. We got them on a good night, as it was the first night of the second leg, so everyone was sober and energetic that night!

4. "Impulsive Balance" (3/11/95) - Never fails giving me chills. Video and audio. Pro-shot / soundboard, and by far the best show off the Ambulance Tour. Downloaded in July but couldn't get into it until September.

"First UK Invasion" (6/1/78) - This soundboard from London really captures CVH at their best. Great show by Dave and Ed respectively. Arguable the best CVH show I've ever heard, and one of the first five shows I downloaded in June. Got into it instantly.

"Unchained Monsters" (7/26/98) - BEST DAMN CHERONE BOOT AROUND!!! Soundboard, good job by everyone. One of the first show I downloaded in June and still jam to it all the time!

5. No VH memorbilia whatsoever
    "I respect that youre passionate about this but what your saying is complete idiocy..." - MF5150 on McDonald's "preying" on young kids.

"He was born a human, he's a horse's ass by proxy." - It's Mike on Eddymon.

Favorite VH Album

Favorite VH Song

Feel Your Love Tonight
    Last Online

12.16.17 @ 02:09 AM
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

My freshman year in high school "Right Now" was all over the place. I thought it was a cool song, so I bought F.U.C.K. and ended up loving "Poundcake", "Pleasure Dome" and pretty much the whole album. After that, I started to piece together the whole VH catalogue. I do remember seeing the "Jump" video when I was 6 or 7, but after I bought and listened to F.U.C.K. I became a fan for life.

The intro to Panama!! Especially on the video when the prop plane engine stalls. At that moment, you know you're going to be pumpin' your fists for about the next 3 minutes.

Easy. July 11, 2004 at the Palace of Auburn Hills. I was in the golden rings on Eddie's side, and Sammy recognized me because I'd been to the Grand Rapids show and the Joe Louis arena Detroit show the previous two nights. Sammy brought me a shot of Cabo Wabo at the end of Somebody Get me a Doctor, and also let me sing the "I've been to the Edge" part of ATBL!! No way that experience and that particular concert are ever going to be topped for me!

There are a lot of great boots out there, but I'd have to say their cover of "Summertime Blues" is my favorite. It is definitly Van Halenized, and IMO Dave does a sweet job on the vocals, especially the line "Called up the boss, told him I was sick. He said no dice Dave, you haven't worked a lick!"

Sorry I don't have any pics to share. I proudly own a Cabo Wabo Cantina shirt that I personally had autographed by both Sammy and Mike, as well as the jacket for the "Slam Dunk" single autographed by Dave that I won from my local classic rock radio station. I've got 6 Eddie picks from the '04 tour, and 2 of Mike's thanks to the 5 star soundchecks. My favorite piece of memorabilia is a bra that Diamond Dave himself kicked off the stage and hit me in the chest during a show in Grand Rapids in the summer of '03. Hey, when Dave kicks a bra your way you keep it!!

Thanks Shari, fun thread!!

Favorite VH Album

F.U.C.K
    Favorite VH Song

Poundcake, WCTBL, Humans Being
    Last Online

08.28.09 @ 01:00 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Come on, get happy!
    1. 1984-Jump
    2. Humans Being
    3. Balance Tour-Charlotte, NC 9/2/95
    4. Someday In The Valley (Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 7-29-95)
    Great show, the crowd is really into it from start to finish.
    Recently aquired this one from a trade.
    5. Still have ticket stubs from the shows I got to see, T-shirts, and a pair of Red, White, and Black striped Chuck Taylors.

Great topic vh_chick!!!!!

"It's 5150 Time"

Favorite VH Album

ADKOT
    Favorite VH Song

Blood & Fire
    Last Online

03.13.13 @ 09:54 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

4th grade watching my classmate/buddy spend hours drawing the vh symbol. It was 1979 so we were on board fresh if you will. we picked it up from some high school neighbor dude who was just freaking out jamming (eruption)to it in his garage while he was working on his ride. I remember him talking to us like he had just found audio gold. my buddy and I were the little shits on the block trying to stay out of the way yet trying to get in on the action. we paid attention and bought it at our next K mart outing. I was 10 yrs old and I shelved a lot of music back then. rod stewart. elo(out of the blue). james bond thunderball. boston. kiss. bee gees. Just shelved it cuz VH just blew me away. night after night just listening/stairing at the images of eddie(vh1) thinking. fuck. he's awesome. and roth. unreal. crazy explosion of music. then all day in class with my buddy drawing the symbols again. loving it.

girl gone bad, she's the woman, hear about it later, and most of all dirty movies.

with roth only saw 1984 but was not mature enough to appreciate it. I can't believe it myself but 0u812 in el paso was unfuckinreal. it was a hot summer and eddie wore jeans and no shirt all night. (not a gay thing) he sounded phenomenal. I was floored. In my college classes the next day I couldn't concentrate to save my life. I was like. dude. (anybody) did u see that last night?!!!

I don't really own a boot per se. just after zero if that is a boot. if it is those demos could all be on an VH album. she's the woman. big trouble. we die bold. let's get rockin, peace of mind, voodoo queen and more. voodoo. now that's great. all of these demos highlight eddie's raw and I mean right off the bone raw guitar swoops, dives, cries, moans, squeals and dazzling speed. On she's the woman the solo is the same solo for fw's mean street but towards the end eddie just creates such a combo of sounds that i end up rewinding it over and over trying to convince my ears what i just heard. funny thing is there are so many little creations of eddies that are not a part of his solo also. that is where eddie seperates himself from others.

Actually I don't own any at all. I do have a vh II record I carry in my truck. I can't play it anywhere. Funny thing is it was givin to me as a gift a couple of weeks back. A long time friend of mine from sixth grade gave it to me. but when he handed it to me and said here i wanna give you this. right then he realized (and so did I ) it was the vh II I had lent him 20 fuckin years ago. he said. "I never bought any vh albums. just tapes so it must be.. hey. that's yours dude." I'm thinking "there it is!" He just pulled it out of his ass as a gesture cuz I was lending him some after zero stuff he had never heard and boom!

Wild
    Last edited by vistadelrey; 03.24.06 at 09:39 PM.

Favorite VH Album

WACF, Balance
    Favorite VH Song

Little Guitars, Unchained, HB
    Last Online

09.05.15 @ 07:55 AM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

I was 12, heading up to Confirmation Camp on the church bus!!! My friend Brian was a big VH fan, but we only had the 1984 tape with us. We cranked it the whole way there (and back a week later), doing our own little karaoke. Brian somehow was both Eddie and Dave, I was Mike (seems fitting now, eh?), and our friend George was Alex. I've never turned back.

Spanish Fly, Humans Being, Little Guitars

July 9, 2004, Grand Rapids, MI: Golden Rings!!! The greatest night of my life!

Uh... July 9, 2004, Grand Rapids, MI: Golden Rings!!! The greatest night of my life! You can occasionally see me bouncing up and down, and you can see my arm during "Unchained." I raised it up at "size five dress."

Sammy signed my Balance CD, the black Mikey pick I found on main floor when the show was over, and the red one is the one Mikey pressed into my hand!

I have tons of other stuff, but mostly just magazine clippings from the 80s. Not to mention the infamous VH pin purse. I WILL get a pic of that on here someday!
    Last edited by vh_chick; 03.25.06 at 06:52 AM.
    "Hey, thanks for the bracelet! Was that one for me?" - Michael Anthony to me in the Golden Ring in Grand Rapids, MI July 9, 2004
    July 9, 2004 - Mike pressed a guitar pick into my hand!
    "We're in the right place!" EVH @ The Joe in Detroit, July 10, 2004
    "Hey! What's up!?" - Mikey, upon recognizing me in the Golden Ring in Chicago after getting his second bracelet, July 21, 2004
    "What is uuuuuuuuuup!!!???" - Mike to me in Detroit, May 12th, 2005, after receiving third bracelet.
    "You found me again!" - Mike to me in Detroit, Nov. 2, 2007