Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street/Summer Nights
    Last Online

10.30.17 @ 01:16 PM
    Liked 91 Times in 38 Posts

Default The Godfather: the Game

Though I don't have a ton of time for gaming, I do enjoy it. The wife and kids are going out of town for spring break so I will have some free time. I was bored w/my PS2 games, so I got a new one: Godfather: the Game. It is great! I am having a blast. Style similar to GTA; non-linear play, side missions, money, respect, etc. You create your own Mafia character: facial features, clothes (which can be upgraded w/more money), name, etc. The premise is that your father worked for Don Corleone. You witnessed your father's murder when you were a young boy in 1937. Don Corleone promised that when you were older and the time was right, you'd get your revenge. It is now several years later and you have joined the Corleone family. I have just gotten started: Lucca Brazzi teaches you how to fight. There is a cool strangulation technique (holding L1, L3, R1, R# simultaneously) where you can feel your victim's pulse taper off. The overall goal is to take over businesses and eventually squeeze out the 5 other competing families. Many of the film's characters are in the game as well as the actual voices of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone and Robert Duvall as consigliere Tom Hagen (unfortunately no Al Pacino).

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

at least al pacino didnt sell out to this game.

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye
    Though I don't have a ton of time for gaming, I do enjoy it. The wife and kids are going out of town for spring break so I will have some free time. I was bored w/my PS2 games, so I got a new one: Godfather: the Game. It is great! I am having a blast. Style similar to GTA; non-linear play, side missions, money, respect, etc. You create your own Mafia character: facial features, clothes (which can be upgraded w/more money), name, etc. The premise is that your father worked for Don Corleone. You witnessed your father's murder when you were a young boy in 1937. Don Corleone promised that when you were older and the time was right, you'd get your revenge. It is now several years later and you have joined the Corleone family. I have just gotten started: Lucca Brazzi teaches you how to fight. There is a cool strangulation technique (holding L1, L3, R1, R# simultaneously) where you can feel your victim's pulse taper off. The overall goal is to take over businesses and eventually squeeze out the 5 other competing families. Many of the film's characters are in the game as well as the actual voices of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone, James Caan as Sonny Corleone and Robert Duvall as consigliere Tom Hagen (unfortunately no Al Pacino).
    I got this yesterday...it's awesome!!!! I got the strategy guide too which is like 1000 pages. I'll be getting into the game more today on my day off...thanks for the strangulation technique!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by emm5150®
    I got this yesterday...it's awesome!!!! I got the strategy guide too which is like 1000 pages. I'll be getting into the game more today on my day off...thanks for the strangulation technique!!!
    My pleasure. How do you like the strategy guide? Worth the price? Please, feel free to share any tips or secrets you learn/pick up? I cannot wait until next week. Right now, I can only play after the kids are in bed, as last night the 8 year old boy walked into the game room right as one of the game characters dropped an F-bomb!

Pope Of Greenwich Village SuckaInA3Piece's Avatar
    Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

08.28.17 @ 03:27 PM
    Liked 98 Times in 54 Posts

Donor

Thinkin of pickin this one up myself. How's the gameplay? Difficult?
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

Quote Originally Posted by SuckaInA3Piece
    Thinkin of pickin this one up myself. How's the gameplay? Difficult?
    Not too bad. I picked up the fighting pretty quickly and I was fairly used to GTA controller options.

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Being a GTA nut, I shouldn't have problem picking it up. I'm pretty anxious to pick this up. The Warriors was the last game I purchased and it took me all of two days to beat the game.
    "It's always a Catch-22 situation. They hate you if you're the same, and they hate you if you're different."
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

"The perfect woman has an IQ of 150, wants to make love until 4 in the morning, and then turns into a pizza."
    ~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

two days? what are you, the dali lahma?
    Nice!
    I just beat Prince of Persia two thrones..unreal game..best of the year so far.
    I want this GF game but i thought it would be stupid...you make it sound fun and interesting..and i like the nonlinear and the voices being real.
    I guess ill be buying it today!!

Btw, NEVER buy the guide. read it at game stop, use what you learned. When u get stuck, try ur best, but know game stop is available for reading for free~!
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by perticelli
    two days? what are you, the dali lahma?
    Nice!
    I just beat Prince of Persia two thrones..unreal game..best of the year so far.
    I want this GF game but i thought it would be stupid...you make it sound fun and interesting..and i like the nonlinear and the voices being real.
    I guess ill be buying it today!!

Btw, NEVER buy the guide. read it at game stop, use what you learned. When u get stuck, try ur best, but know game stop is available for reading for free~!
    I've the Warriors movie about as many times as I've listened to Van Halen II. I know that thing like that back of my hand, so the game wasn't hard at all. Luckily it rained for two days so I had nothing else better to do.

I'm also not for buyin the guide. I usually read up at EB or Gamestop and head home to play the game.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

dont ask i love em all
    Favorite VH Song

ARE U KIDDING ME
    Last Online

06.16.12 @ 03:16 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

any socom 3 fans

Favorite VH Album

Van Halen II
    Favorite VH Song

Drop Dead Legs
    Last Online

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    any socom 3 fans
    My bro is, he'll play that game for hours. I just like to watch. Pretty interesting game.
    ~Eddie Van Halen~

~David Lee Roth~

Sucka'sFacebook

Favorite VH Album

fair warning, women & children
    Favorite VH Song

unchained,take your whiskey
    Last Online

11.30.15 @ 02:22 PM
    Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts

Donor

i LOVE socom, but to be honest, the online play is a mess. Too many cheaters and boring 'paintball' scenarios.
    The game itself is incredible, but you have to get into a rythmn with the headset..then you are good to go..
    The new one should be unreal
    Eddie is the greatest, period

The Unofficial VHLinks RRHOF

SkyyeFM-Radio without the Rules(Webpage)

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning
    Favorite VH Song

Mean Street
    Last Online

07.13.17 @ 06:45 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye
    My pleasure. How do you like the strategy guide? Worth the price? Please, feel free to share any tips or secrets you learn/pick up? I cannot wait until next week. Right now, I can only play after the kids are in bed, as last night the 8 year old boy walked into the game room right as one of the game characters dropped an F-bomb!
    LOL...same for me, I have to wait till bedtime for the kids to play. I couldn't wait so I popped it in today and sure enough....F this and F that!!! The guide(333 pages) was 20 bucks, I haven't really read too much of it yet, it looks like a lot of BS inside. They really break every aspect of the game down from people to every business in NY that you can shakedown...there's a lot, I'd say save your money right now but my opinion may change as I keep getting stuck in certain spots and skim the book for ideas!!!

Favorite VH Album

Fair Warning/5150
    Favorite VH Song

Last Online

I played for about an hour last night: shook down the butcher for protection money, paid into a gambling racket above the butcher, bribed a cop and practiced shooting skills in the alley. I have quickly picked up the gameplay, targeting (L1) and firing (R1) are slightly different. Couching and using wall cover are nice features.

This is pretty cool: it seems the missions follow the movie storyline. I completed a mission (after a few tries) where I witnessed the Tattaglia's killing Lucca Brazzi and I had to avenge Luca's death.

Favorite VH Album

First 6 albums and bov1
    Favorite VH Song

All of them
    Last Online

03.16.12 @ 03:35 PM
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lal5150
    any socom 3 fans
    I love socom 3 till they put the new patch on there. It really messed up the whole online thing. Cant join all my friends on there. I call myself a socom vet. Been playing it since Socom 1.
    Georgia Tech Football - Bring on Utah!!!! Go Jackets!!!!
    Falcons - I hear playoffs
    Atlanta Braves - Need to make some real moves
    Atl Hawks - 3-0 alright were undefeated and when did they pick up this guy called Marvin Williams?????
    PS3 Network - VanHalen